Well, now you can make it happen with the right diet, changes in lifestyle and healthy and useful habits effective home remedies based on natural ingredients.
Although, we believe that dandruff as a harmless condition caused by dryness of the scalp, which is actually one of the larger disorders that affect the skin spread half of the world population.
Dandruff is caused by the proliferation of lipophilic yeasts belonging to the genus Malassezia.
But several studies suggest that there are several natural remedies that can treat dandruff features dandruff as effectively as synthetic products such as medicated shampoos and creams.
In this article, we present a comprehensive guide that contains 14 effective to treat and cure dandruff ways.
Food and diet:
There are certain dietary factors that may contribute to dandruff. Deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals and healthy fats along with allergies or intolerances to certain food ingredients may aggravate yeast infection and cause dandruff.
1. Increase the intake of zinc
there is a high concentration of sebaceous glands in the scalp produces natural oils that protect the scalp and hair. However, excessive production of sebum on the scalp act as feeding grounds for the Pityrosporum ovale fungus that causes dandruff. Research and clinical trials show that zinc supplementation helps get rid of dandruff by reducing the production of sebum on the scalp.
What is the recommended amount of zinc to cure dandruff daily dose?
The USDA has established an adequate intake level of zinc for adults and children. Amount of zinc in foods and dietary supplements are measured in milligrams.
- Children under 3 years of age – 2 to 3 mg of zinc daily
- Children between 4 and 8 years old – 5 mg of zinc daily
- Teenage boys and adults over 14 years old – 11 mg of zinc daily
- Adolescents and adults over 14 years of age – from 8 to 9 mg of zinc daily
- Women during pregnancy and breastfeeding – from 11 to 13 mg of zinc per day
What are the dietary sources of zinc?
Zinc is found in healthy amount in red meat such as pork, chicken, oysters, crab meat, etc. Some vegetable sources of zinc include chick peas, beans, cheddar cheese, peanuts, almonds, cashews, etc.
Key to take – low levels of zinc in the diet may promote excess sebum production and cause dandruff. Eat more foods rich in zinc can help treat dandruff in some people.
2. Allicin include in your diet
Allicin is a powerful anti-fungal and anti-Candida natural compound that helps control the overgrowth of yeast Candida and play an important role in healing of stubborn dandruff.
Garlic and other members of the allium family, such as onions and shallots are potent sources of allicin that can be used as a natural treatment for dandruff. Garlic can be used both as a topical and oral treatment for dandruff.
Using allicin in garlic to fight dandruff?
- Crush as some garlic cloves and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- sufficient for the formation of allicin in garlic mashed time is provided.
- Now, add crushed garlic to soups and curries.
- Crush some garlic cloves, wait 15 minutes and squeeze the juice of garlic.
- dilute with a little water and apply on the scalp.
- Wait 30 minutes and wash with shampoo.
Key to take -. Found allicin garlic is a powerful health promoting compound that helps fight dandruff due to its anti-fungal properties
3. Eat more vitamin B-rich foods
deficiency of B vitamins in the diet can contribute to the cause of dandruff and flaking of the scalp and hair loss. B vitamins often work together and coexist in the same foods. Research shows that the optimal intake of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and B12 (riboflavin) helps cure dandruff caused by the inefficient metabolism of carbohydrates and fatty acids.
How B vitamins help fight dandruff?
- B vitamins are vital for the growth of new cells, blood circulation and metabolism -. All of which are important for maintaining a healthy scalp
- B vitamins for food aid to control the overproduction of sebum which is one of the main factors contributing to dandruff.
- B vitamins helps reduce stress, which also acts as a trigger for dandruff.
What are the potent sources of B vitamins food?
B vitamins are found in red meat, organ meats such as liver and kidneys, poultry, eggs, fish and dairy products. Plant sources of B vitamins are green leafy vegetables, peas, beans, cereals, some breads.
Key to take – vitamin B complex found in foods are the best remedy to cure dandruff caused by imbalances and inefficient sebum fatty acids and metabolism of carbohydrates
4. Consume probiotics
Adding a good probiotic quality supplement to your daily diet or eat high probiotic foods containing a strain of the bacterium Bacillus laterosporus not only help cure dandruff, but also improve the overall health and restoring the balance of healthy bacteria in the gut.
A small study shows that probiotic supplements probiotic supplementation in the diet caused a 70% reduction in dandruff in just 4 to 5 weeks.
What is the best source feed based on probiotics?
Natural, unflavored yoghurt or curd is one of the most easily- of probiotics that can be used topically or orally sources. The alkaline nature of yogurt improves health and reduces scalp irritation and redness of the scalp.
Using probiotics in yogurt to treat dandruff?
- Take a spoonful of yogurt and rub it thoroughly on the scalp after washing hair. Wait 10 to 15 minutes and then wash with water.
- consume between 100 and 150 grams of plain yogurt or Greek daily. You can add nuts or fruit to it to add some texture and flavor.
Key Lunches – A quality probiotic supplement probiotics rich foods such as yogurt helps reduce dandruff caused by an imbalance of the intestinal flora. It also helps to improve overall health.
5. Eat more Omega-3-rich
leather dry hair with excessive deficiency of certain vitamins and minerals can cause dandruff. Supplementing Moega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids is one of the best natural remedies for dandruff.
How Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids fight dandruff?
- fatty acids
- Oemga-6 promote the body to produce a hormone-like substance called prostaglandins that calm hyperactive sebaceous glands and reduce sebum production, which is a major cause of dandruff.
- fatty acids prevent swelling and redness of the skin that causes dandruff, psoriasis and dermatitis.
What are the best food sources of fatty acids omega-6 and omega-3?
- omega-3 fatty acids found in -. Flaxseed oil, walnut oil, olive oil, cold water fish like salmon, sardines, mackerel and egg yolk
- omega-6 fatty acids found in cooking oils -. Soybean oil, corn oil, canola oil, sunflower oil and safflower oil
Key to take -. relative intake of omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids is crucial for the regulation of inflammation that is one of the major contributing factors for dandruff
6. Drink plenty of water
low water intake and dehydration causes dry skin and scalp and contribute to dandruff. Therefore, it is important to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water and other fluids every day.
What is the link between dehydration and dry scalp?
A dry scalp leather has some noticeable symptoms such as itching sensation and dust formation white flakes on the scalp.
Dry scalp occurs when the natural oil producing glands of the scalp will not work properly because they dehydrate.
Dryness and dehydration can be caused to lack of safe water consumption, cold or seasonal temperatures certain skin diseases.
How to treat dry scalp caused by dehydration?
- The most effective way to fight dehydration is to keep your body fully hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Try to consume at latest 8-ounce glasses of water each day.
- In addition, stay away from alcohol and sugar-laden soft drinks that cause dehydration.
Key to take – The dry and flaky scalp are common signs of dehydration. Drink plenty of water and other hydrating fluids to hydrate the scalp from within.
7. Limit sugar intake
Dandruff is often caused by the yeast Candida. A diet rich in sugar and simple carbohydrates promote the overgrowth of Candida yeast in the body and causes dandruff. In addition, sugar also reduces levels of B vitamins in the body, which are crucial to fight dandruff.
What is the relationship between sugar and dandruff?
- sugar and simple carbohydrates promoting inflammation in the body which is a major cause of dandruff.
- A diet loaded with sugar, processed foods and unhealthy fats causes sudden spikes insulin which in turn stimulate the release of other hormones that trigger the production of oil by glands that contribute to dandruff.
How to limit sugar in your diet to cure dandruff?
should limit the total intake of refined sugar, along with fatty and fried foods, processed foods, simple carbohydrates and sugar-laden soft drinks and fruit juices in order to stop dandruff.
Key to take – It is important to limit sugar and simple carbohydrates in the diet in order to control the yeast Candida, inflammation and hormonal imbalances -. All of which trigger dandruff
8. Avoid food allergens
Some people are sensitive to yeast, dairy products and wheat and these foods are many causes of dandruff. But what causes an allergic reaction may not cause a reaction in the other person. So these allergies vary from person to person.
How to identify foods that are causing the allergic reaction and dandruff?
The easiest way to identify foods that are causing dandruff in an individual is to opt for an allergy test.
Moreover, a person can eliminate all foods from the diet that he / she suspects is causing dander allergy induced for 2 to 4 weeks. Once the dandruff disappears significantly suspect foods can be reintroduced into the diet, one by one. If dandruff reoccurs or worsens after eating a specific food, then the person is allergic to that food or specific foods.
List of common food allergens that cause dandruff –
- yeast containing foods such as bear, wine, bread
- dairy such as milk, cheese, cream
- gluten-containing cereals such as wheat, barley, rye
Key to take – intolerance or allergy to certain foods can contribute to dandruff, so reduce your intake of dairy products, foods rich in gluten, etc.
Changes in lifestyle and medical treatments
After about hygiene and the use of prescription-strengthening shampoos and lotions can treat severe cases of dandruff in an effective manner. These shampoos are prescribed by the dermatologist after review and determine the actual cause of dandruff.
9. Use an anti-dandruff shampoo of good quality
anti-dandruff shampoos containing certain amount of controlled chemicals help control dandruff by reducing inflammation, controlling sebum production and fight against yeast infections and fungi. These shampoos also moisturize the scalp, to some extent.
zinc pyrithione shampoo – zinc pyrithione is a potent antifungal and antibacterial agent that helps fight dandruff caused by bacterial or fungal infections. It also helps to treat seborrheic dermatitis.
shampoo containing coal tar – Coal tar disintegration of skin cells slows scalp. Prevents skin cells from drying out and the formation of white scaly patches. plaque formation less means less dandruff.
Selenium sulfide shampoo – Selenium sulfide also turnover rate of skin cells in the scalp I turn reduces the scale and dandruff slows. Selenium sulfide is an antifungal agent that fights dandruff caused by fungus Malassezia.
salicylic acid shampoo containing -. Salicylic acid is the main medicinal ingredient in aspirin helps reduce the scale and eliminate dandruff, softening dead skin cells, reduces inflammation and exfoliation of the scalp
Shampoos containing ketoconazole -. Ketoconazole is an antifungal agent versatile combat most types of fungi and fungal infections that cause dandruff
Key to take -. Regular use of anti-dandruff shampoos over-the-counter and prescription shampoos can effectively control severe cases of dandruff
10. Brushing the hair after the shower and shampoo
Brush your hair after taking a bath or shampooing not only unravels the knots, but also helps distribute natural oils from the scalp evenly across the surface of the head and the entire length of hair – ., from root to tip
How brushed reduce dandruff?
- Brush your hair regularly helps remove dead skin cells from the scalp and prevents sticking together and clogging of hair follicles.
- Brushing helps remove the natural oils of the hair follicles in the scalp and distribute them evenly along the strands of hair and scalp. These natural oil acts as a moisturizer for the scalp and hair.
- Brushing also increases blood circulation in the scalp and provides essential nutrients and oxygen to the skin cells of the scalp.
What kind of brush is better for the scalp?
- is best to use a brush with natural boar bristles Bush his hair. boar bristles is similar in texture to human hair and helps to unclog hair follicles and scalp massage.
- start from the scalp and brush outward to distribute the natural oil throughout the head.
Key to take -. Brushing your hair on a daily basis and especially after taking a bath helps even distribution of natural oils along the filaments of the scalp and hair that helps prevent dandruff
11. Avoid stress and relax
Although stress is not a direct cause of dandruff, but stress, depression and anxiety often cause deterioration of the immune system so that the body is not able to fight the Pityrosporum ovale fungus effectively. Stress also makes it more difficult to get rid of dandruff if you already have.
How to deal with stress in order to reduce dandruff?
- treat the underlying cause of stress and try to solve the problem, if possible.
- stay positive and set realistic goals.
- accept the fact that you can not control everything.
- stand up for yourself and share their feelings and opinions in a polite way.
- Practice relaxation techniques like yoga, tai chi, breathing exercises, mediation.
- Exercise on a daily basis and follow a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean protein and whole grains.
- get a lot of sleep.
- Go easy on the alcohol and caffeine.
Key to take – Stress and anxiety interferes with a number of body functions and cause skin problems such as dandruff. Trying to solve the problems of stress and relieve stress in order to cure dandruff.
12. The practice of yoga
Yoga is the ultimate cure for all diseases and disorders. There are a number of factors that cause dandruff directly and indirectly. Yoga postures that are specifically designed to nourish hair and scalp can help relieve dandruff and reduce your training effectively.
effective yoga poses for the scalp and hair healthy –
Paschimottasana (two-legged forward bend)
This yoga posture involves intense stretching that supplies blood and nutrients throughout the body and helps control hair loss.
- Sit on the floor with legs stretched forward, palms on the floor.
- take a deep breath and leans forward while exhaling.
- toes Keep both feet with your hands and keep your face on his knees.
- Wait 30 seconds and return to starting position.
Chakrasana (lying rotation of the body)
This yoga pose increases the amount of oxygen supply to the scalp and reduce dandruff.
- Lie on your back and spread your legs shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees and place your feet on the floor so that your heels touch the buttocks.
- Bend your elbows so that your fingers touch your shoulders.
- Now, inhale and push your torso up with the strength of their hands and legs so that your body forms an inverted U shape.
- Hold for a few seconds and lower your body to the floor as you exhale.
Sarvangasana (shoulder stand)
This yoga pose improves blood circulation in the neck and scalp and stimulates the nerves throughout the body.
- lie on your back. Lift your legs, buttocks and back of the earth in one motion and support your back with your hands.
- Move your elbows close to each other and move their hands along the back, moving them up to the shoulder blade.
- Keep your legs and spine straight and breathe deeply. Stay in this position for 30 to 60 seconds and return to starting position.
Adho Mukha Svanasana (-dog upside down pose) – This yoga pose improves blood circulation to the brain, relieving any scalp condition
get on all fours and lift your hips toward the ceiling, straightening your knees and elbows, so that your body forms an inverted V shape. Keep your hands shoulder-width apart and feet hip-width and toes pointed forward. Hold for 30 to 60 seconds while taking long, deep breaths and return to the starting position.
Key to take – Although dandruff is a skin problem unavoidable, but can be controlled and easily cured with holistic methods such as yoga
spend some time in the sun
Lack of sun exposure may be one reason for dandruff. Small doses of sunlight nourish the scalp and help keep it free of scales.
How sunlight reduces dandruff?
- Sunlight promotes the production of vitamin D3 improves the release of healthy oils in the skin and scalp that helps prevent dandruff.
- The powerful ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun kill microorganisms such as fungi and bacteria that cause dandruff.
What precautions should be taken before leaving the sun?
- Make it a point to protect the exposed skin of the face and body of excessive exposure to harmful UV rays by applying a sunscreen with high SPF.
- Start by spending 15 to 20 minutes each day without covering the head.
- Avoid prolonged period of sunbathing as excessive exposure can cause sunburn and lead to greater desquamation.
Key to take -. Spend some time in the sun each day can help reduce dandruff naturally by promoting the production of vitamin D3 which increases oil production in the skin and scalp
home remedies and natural cures
Although herbal remedies for dandruff are very effective in combating fungi and bacteria that cause dandruff, but the harsh chemicals in these shampoos and creams may have some sort of adverse reaction of sensitive skin. Natural dandruff treatments based on essential oils, herbs and other ingredients can help reduce dandruff over time, without harmful side effects.
1. fenugreek seeds
fenugreek seeds are potent seeds containing essential elements such as nicotinic acid and protein, niacin, potassium, vitamin C, amino acids and diosgenin that helps prevent dandruff and hair loss.
- Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds.
- A Bowl.
- Take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in a bowl.
- soak overnight.
- grind it to a fine paste.
- apply it on the scalp.
- is left for 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with water soaked
- repeat it regularly to get rid of dandruff.
- Fenugreek seeds are anti fungal say, eliminate fungi that grow inside and outside game on the scalp.
- The seeds are rich in proteins and amino acids moisturizers hair and reduce dandruff and then, after the hair loss.
2. Fenugreek with stroke
- Few fenugreek seeds or leaves
- Apple cider vinegar
- take some fenugreek seeds or leaves.
- it as a paste with the help of mixer / grinder.
- To paste add apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- apply it on the scalp.
- is left for a few minutes.
- rinse hair with water.
- Repeat the process to get rid of dandruff and itchy dry scalp.
- The high acidity and powerful enzymes in apple cider vinegar (ACV) kills the bacillus of the bottle, a germ that causes dandruff.
- fenugreek when combined with ACV will kill the bacteria or fungus that causes dandruff, itching and moisturizes the hair grow healthy.
3. Fenugreek with coconut oil
- One tablespoon of fenugreek seeds
- Five tablespoons coconut oil
- Take fenugreek seeds and crush well.
- warm coconut oil.
- mixing the powder in the oil seed.
- apply it on the scalp when the oil reaches room temperature.
- is left for 2 hours.
- wash with water followed by mild shampoo.
- Both coconut fenugreek and acts as an anti fungi and eliminates dandruff.
- Coconut oil removes dry scalp, which is the main reason for dandruff.
- moisturizes hair and dry scalp and help prevent hair growth.
4. Lemon (Dry Scalp)
lemon helps reduce itching of the scalp and potenz balance of hydrogen (pH) is maintained and reduce levels of excess fat, causing dandruff.
- Take a lemon and cut it ripped in half.
- Apply lemon juice or directly on the scalp.
- gently massage.
- Leave it for about 5 -. 10 minutes
- wash your hair with cold water.
lemon contains citric acid that fights dandruff and get rid off the roots of the hair follicles.
5. Lemon coconut oil
- Take a lemon and squeeze the juice out of it.
- heat the coconut oil in indirect heat.
- Mix the lemon juice into the oil.
- apply it on the scalp.
- let it sit for almost as time.
- rinse hair with water.
- Cover your hair with a hot towel.
- repeat the process for better results.
- works coconut oil as a deep moisturizer that solves the problem of dry scalp.
- Lemon oil and coconut works in the hydration of dry scalp and balance the shed dead cells by removing dead hair cells.