The cough is enough to drive anyone crazy temporarily. You can interrupt sleep and be very uncomfortable in school or work situations. You can also irritate those around him, so much so that you just want to pull the covers over your head and stay in bed, but forget to enjoy a good nap because that is not happening either.
At this point, you will do almost anything for relief, but if you are thinking of going to the store or market drugs, you may want to think again. Note that not only did a security adviser to the FDA panel vote to ban over-counter medications for cough for children under 6 years of age, noting that there is no evidence these drugs were effective, and some rare cases can cause serious damage, experts have found that usually does not work on adults. In 2006, the American College of Chest Physicians announced that popular cough medicines do little or nothing to calm a cough reality.
While manufacturers insist that these drugs work or no one would buy them, studies have found that cough up 40 percent of patients taking placebo reported improvement. It is interesting to note that in fact there seems to be no effective cough medicine -., And there has been no new remedy licensed in over half a century
If you’re still tempted to use a cough medicine counter anyway, you should also know that come with a number of potential side effects. For example one of the most commonly used medications for guaifenesin / dextromethorphan cough, can lead to some more serious side effects, including, but not limited to:
- serious but rare allergic reactions such as a rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness and difficulty breathing
While it is likely to resort to anything to cure coughs that instead of heading to the store, consider one of these simple natural elixirs that you can do at home – they are cheaper, more effective and they do not come with harmful side effects.
The following elixir combines the healing powers of raw honey with apple cider vinegar and spices to make a powerful alternative, more effective medicines for commercial cough.
Apple cider vinegar alone is a long tradition -popular remedy . Not only can be used in this recipe, you can rub some on your pillow at night just before bedtime to help reduce that frustrating night cough. The aroma helps relieve and soothe the throat so they are less likely to cough during the night.
Honey also has long been used to soothe sore throat and researchers have found it can be a very effective suppressant also cough. Spices not only add a tasty flavor but also offer their own fabulous properties -. For example, cinnamon is considered a warming expectorant, used to reduce congestion and phlegm in the lungs, which is especially useful when you have a cough with a cold
Cayenne also helps with coughs, as it is an analgesic that reduces pain sensation by blocking substance P, a compound that transmits sensations to the brain. If you are coughing because his throat tickles or hurt, can help desensitize the tingling and reduce coughing. Gingerols and shaogals NSAIDS root helps ginger to relieve a sore throat which can often be the result of all that cough, while garlic works its wonders by destroying bacteria in the throat that helps reduce coughing.
is easy to see how this powerful natural remedy cough can be so effective! It is also easy to do, and chances are, you have everything you need in your kitchen right now to do so.
Powerful and spicy elixir of cough
- 1 tablespoon of raw, organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- A small glass jar with lid
1. Melt the honey by the method of double boiler. Put it in a small glass bowl and place the bowl in a large bowl filled with hot water. It was not melt on the stove or in the microwave.
2. In his small glass jar, add the apple cider vinegar and water, then add the cayenne, ginger, cinnamon and garlic. Place the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until well combined.
3. Add the melted honey jar and shake to combine.
5. When ready to use, take one to two tablespoons. If you plan to use a maximum of three days, no need to maintain the balance refrigerated.
There are also a number of other remedies for easy and effective cough if you need something now and not have all the ingredients of the recipe above.
cure cough favorite Grandma
This is a proven recipe and grandmother or great-grandmother is probably very familiar. It is all natural and combines three powerful ingredients: honey, olive oil and lemon juice. It is very good for adults and children older than 12 months and can be maintained either in the pantry or refrigerator for later use.
Honey, as mentioned above, has been scientifically proven to help suppress coughing. Olive oil helps to reduce coughing by the natural lining of the throat, which increases lubrication and reduces the need to cough. Since it is an anti-inflammatory, also relieves the symptoms of cough by reducing inflammation in the throat, similar to the way that ibuprofen works.
 [19459004 Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup organic raw honey
- ½ cup olive oil organic extra virgin
- 1 to 5 organic lemons, juice (using as many as possible is the best)
- Glass jar with a lid
1. Add honey, olive oil and lemon juice to a small saucepan and stir well.
2. Heat over medium heat until steaming, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and let the mixture cool.
4. Once cool, place the mixture in a jar and cover with a lid.
5. Take a spoonful, heated, when necessary.
Please note that this is the most used as soon as a cough about feel.
Turmeric and ginger Elixir
The following recipe is a little different from the others, but their ingredients come together to produce another powerful remedy for cough.
The turmeric -ginger elixir serves as an anti-inflammatory to relieve cough and sore throat and is often effective for headaches too.
As mentioned, the gingeroles and shaogals NSAIDS ginger root helps relieve sore throat that can often be the result of all this cough. Its potent compounds also help cure the common cold relieve congestion and naturally reduce fever and pain. turmeric medicinal value comes in through the curcumin compound serving as an anti-inflammatory agent besides having antibacterial and anti-viral action. These properties help in the treatment of bacterial and viral infections, including coughs and colds. It helps relieve chest congestion that develops in those who suffer from chronic cough by getting rid of phlegm.
Grains of black pepper in the recipe can provide relief from sinusitis and colds, as well as the fight against bacterial infections due to its anti-bacterial properties, while honey, as mentioned, soothes the throat by coating and acts as a cough suppressant.
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, grated
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon raw, organic honey
- 1 lemon juice
[19459016  [[19459020Instrucciones:
1. Bring water to boil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add the ginger, turmeric and crushed peppercorns.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil again until the mixture is reduced by half.
4. Strain into a glass and add honey. Mix well and drink hot. If it is for a small child (over 12 months), make sure it is not too hot, warm is good. You may also want to add a little more honey and lemon to make it more palatable for children.
cough suppressant hot herbal tea
Finally, this magical elixir uses many of the same ingredients as above recipes, along with some new ones. It offers powerful anti-inflammatory properties to relieve sore throat and scratchy and it is also loaded with vitamin C to help strengthen the immune system . Honey adds sweetness, along with those important antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties that help soothe the throat and cough suppressant enzymes. Almond milk adds body and texture, while the thyme and oregano serve to cool the throat. The black peppercorns not just add a little kick in this herbal tea, but also work to stimulate the flow of mucus get it moving out of your system if you have a cold so you will feel better soon too.
- 1 bunch oregano
- 1 bunch thyme
- 1 “piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 “piece turmeric, peeled and grated, or 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 “teaspoon black peppercorns
- 8 cups of water
- 1 clove grated garlic
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Using a wooden spoon, tap oregano and thyme to release the oils.
2. Heat herbs, ginger, turmeric, pepper and water in a saucepan until just before boiling. Do not boil to allow the mixture to retain its nutrient-rich benefits.
3. Reduce heat to low and let the mixture stand for 6 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, honey, almond milk and lemon juice, stirring to dissolve the honey.
5. Strain into a large heat-proof bowl, pressing on herbs to