Lung cancer is one of the cancers more mortals on Earth, and is responsible for 20% of all cancer deaths worldwide. Mesothelioma is a rare form of lung that affects about 3,000 people per year in the US cancer, but the prognosis is quite poor.
Traditional therapies for lung cancer and mesothelioma are often effective to prolong the life of the patient and in some cases even rid the entire body of cancer cells. Chemotherapy, radiation and surgery are typical treatments recommended by cancer doctors to reduce the presence of cancer in the body and prolong life.
Although we must always follow the advice of your doctor to treat his cancer, there are also alternative natural treatment available for lung cancer that can improve their quality of life and prognosis.
The best natural alternative treatments for lung cancer and mesothelioma are:
No. 1 Oxygen therapy Along with immunotherapy
Researchers have worked for decades to fight cancer, cancer giving high levels of oxygen patient. However, by increasing the oxygen level in the blood, this therapy provides not only more oxygen to healthy cells, but also cancer cells.
However, if the body is provided with higher levels of oxygen and then stimulate the immune system with oxygen, this can potentially improve the fight of cancer in the body. But what exactly is immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy stimulates the body’s immune system to produce more white blood cells to fight tumor growth in the body.
One of the challenges with immunotherapy is that cancer cells are not actually foreign bodies; which they are the body’s own cells that are simply grow out of control. The immune system does not always recognize cancer cells are a big problem. In addition, our immune system is not always strong enough to kill cancer cells.
Therefore, one of the main goals of immunotherapy, along with oxygen therapy is to help the immune system become stronger and give you the tools you need to kill cancer cells. Some of the most common types of immunotherapy are:
- Cancer vaccines that start an immune response against cancer.
- antibodies as laboratory attack cancer cells.
- point immune inhibitors reduce inhibition control body to kill their own cells, which are cancer cells.
There are other options available for immunotherapy is effective for some patients when combined with oxygen therapy. Some patients like to use oxygen therapy and immunotherapy in combination with chemotherapy and radiotherapy to get the best results from treatment of cancer.
No. 2 Gene Therapy
Gene therapy involves the use of their own genes to fight disease in the body. Research has reached the point where the genes can be used to combat some cancers. However, research is still in the early stages and is not offered at regular cancer treatments yet. If you want to use gene therapy as an alternative, you have to go to a cancer center participating in clinical trials.
One possible treatment of cancer using gene therapy could involve taking cells from the body and they interact with a carrier of the genetic code is desired. This interaction can cause the gene to be embedded in the code of the cells were taken from the body. When they put back into the body, which can then lead to information that fights cancer throughout the body.
No. 3 Chinese herbs
Many cancer patients receive Chinese to fight your cancer chemotherapy, and also receive medicinal herbs. In some cases, some of these herbs have been found to improve the results of chemotherapy.
Research suggests that more than 130 Chinese herbs have been used for centuries to treat lung cancer. The most commonly used herbs for lung cancer can have a healing effect on the lungs and also stimulate the immune system.
According to a recent review of two dozen clinical studies in China on lung cancer, it was found that these herbs are effective for some patients
- talus, which it has been demonstrated throughout human history to stimulate the immune system. In fact, research at the Sloan-Kettering Memorial Cancer Center has shown that this herb can reduce tumor growth and reduce the spread of tumors. You can also reduce the effects of chemotherapy that adversely affect the immune system.
- Gan cao, which is also called licorice root, has been shown to improve mucus secretion.
- asparagus root, which has been shown in mice that has some activity against cancer that may be effective against lung cancer and leukemia.
# 4 Other therapies for reducing symptoms
Some patients prefer to try alternative medicine that can reduce symptoms of lung cancer, and traditional treatments such as chemotherapy.
- Acupuncture: This is ancient Chinese technique stimulation of certain points on the body with tiny needles. This treatment can help reduce nausea and vomiting that often comes from chemotherapy. It can also be effective in managing pain.
- Aromatherapy: The use of essential oils can stimulate parts of the brain that deal with emotions. Clinical studies show that essential oils can improve mental and emotional by reducing stress, pain and depression welfare.
- Meditation: This form of deep reflection, inner silence reduces external distractions and mind talk of everyday life calms down. It is very useful to reduce tension and stress associated with cancer treatment.
As you are considering different treatments for cancer, be sure to consult closely with your doctor. It is important to continue having regular cancer therapies in conjunction with these alternative therapies.
About the author
Michael Bennett is a freelance writer full time. Michael received his Masters degree in Nutrition at San Diego State University. He has over five years experience as a specialist in treatments as an alternative and strongly believes all disease can be cured naturally. It is expected to receive comments on this and other items.