Tooth whitening is a multibillion dollar industry, but unfortunately many teeth whitening treatments contain harsh chemicals that can leave teeth sensitive feeling for a long time. He had sensitive teeth for years after my high school attempts to whiten teeth (at home and at the dentist’s office).
Once I got pregnant with first child, I was careful to avoid all chemicals, including commonly used to whiten teeth. I wanted to find natural ways to whiten teeth that have not only worked well, but were safe. Since chemicals can be easily absorbed through the skin sensitive mouth, I wanted only use options that were safe enough to eat.
Of course, none of these things are a substitute for regular dental care and asked my dentist before using these (you should too!). I have found that these methods work very well next to my normal routine brushing and flossing.
This was recommended to me by. ago and although I was skeptical at first a dentist year global approach, he gave me a test and have been impressed with the results in time.
Yes, it seems frightening, while you are doing it, and yet think for a minute that they were deceived by a blogger in staining of teeth permanently. Then you can rinse your mouth and brush as usual and notice that your teeth are not only white again, but possibly more white.
This works because activated carbon is a highly porous absorbent substance that binds to things like tannins that stain teeth and leave them yellow or brown. You may also have other benefits mouth, like this:
more research I’ve done on this showed that activated carbon actually can be very useful in changing the pH and mouth health, and as such is effective in preventing cavities and kill the bad bacteria present in dental caries and gingivitis. For this reason, I now propose and use it as part of my remineralizante protocol for teeth together with my mineralizing toothpaste .
When I first wrote about this in 2012, which was controversial and it actually has hate mail (actually) to try to convince people to do something that was obviously going to stain teeth.
- Maintain microfiber cloth in hand for easy cleaning, as it can make a mess in counters and sinks (although it will leave them too)
- I just wet the toothbrush in a bit of coal powder I keep in a small jar on my counter and brush normally. Another way that will produce results faster is to mix one teaspoon of powdered charcoal in a little water and swish it for a few minutes. Then spit out the water and leave the coal left in the mouth for a few minutes so you have time to join stains.
- is very important to use activated carbon from a food grade / medical source . This is not the same as the charcoal barbecue grill … not use it.
- I did this every day for a week when I started and now keep using once a week or so.
- I felt comfortable with brushing coal during pregnancy because oral health is even more important, then, and spit and not consumed. I have spoken with my first midwife (and you should too if you are pregnant).
2. Oil Pulling
Another strange teeth whitener controversy: oil pulling
The basic concept here is swishing oil (such as sesame or coconut oil) in the mouth for 20 minutes to help remove plaque and bacteria from the mouth. Coconut oil has been proven effective against bacteria Streptococcus mutans that contributes to tooth decay and gum disease.
Since the beginning of oil pulling on a regular basis, I noticed that my teeth are smooth and shiny and dental assistants have commented that had very little plaque in recent cleanings
What do ?. crack with a small amount of coconut oil for 20 minutes a day, preferably first thing in the morning before eating. I only use size chews coconut oil pulling To make this even easier and do this while showering.
3. Toothpaste for whitening
Last year, I combined some of my favorite teeth whitening ingredients to make bleaching pulp home teeth . It contains:
This combines natural calcium (a mineral that teeth need) Xylitol, is useful for oral health and MCT or coconut oil for a remineralizante, fighting bacteria whitening toothpaste.
Another remedy counterintuitive that really works. Turmeric is known for staining yellow things (including fabric, leather and other surfaces) and has even been used as a dye for cloth in the past. It is not the first thing you might think of teeth whitening, but it works surprisingly well.
Have you ever bleached teeth? Naturally or both? It worked?