How do you know which muscles actually is stretching or if you are performing each stretch in the right way while doing yoga or flexibility routine ?
Well, here’s a little knowledge on the subject, and with this in your back pocket, you can choose the best stretches that best meet their objectives. Should you start feeling pain, not regular good pain, but the elastic one when you know something does not feel right, you should identify the muscle that gives the problem and change the technique that has been used with in order to avoid injury.
These sections should be felt in the womb of his muscle. However, you should not feel pressure or stress on joints, and if it does, it means that you are pushing too far. During stretching, concentrate on your breathing and ensure that these movements are as natural as possible.
Stop thinking about the time that is holding the stretch, but instead, start concentrating on palpation of the muscles relax and return to its, natural resting length. This may take about five to thirty seconds. If a leg does not feel like you’re doing something for the muscles of the body, change and try another one.
The beautiful illustrations presented is made by Vicky Helm, an expert in yoga and author of “Encyclopedia of Pilates exercises” and James Kilgallon, CSCS, creator of the maintenance program body Mazio, provided by giving expert commentary.
1. Camel stressed muscles attitude: rectus abdominis and external obliques. This stretch is however more appropriate for people who already have good flexibility. Sitting on his heels, put your hands behind you, pushing your hips up and forward. Do not put too much pressure on the lumbar spine. Also, in case you have problems with your neck, do not drop your head back.
2. Forward Fold wide muscles emphasized: adductors. This exercise is great for stretching the adductors and hamstrings, and simply open the hips. Start with knees bent, keeping your spine straight. As he begins to feel the muscles begin to release, stretch your legs, round your back and reach for your feet. easily pull at the bottom of the toes in order to release the calf muscles. If you are a beginner, you may not be able to get to his feet, so then you have to use a belt or towel. This stretch can also be done while the bleach on your back and push your legs up the wall.
3. Pose muscles frog emphasized: adductors. This stretch their groins can to put pressure on the knees, so, so it is recommended that you perform on a soft surface. Rest your hands and knees and then bring the wider knees until you feel your groin muscles well stretched. You will feel a little different sections as actively pushing hips back and forth.
4. Lunge wide Side Pose emphasized muscles: adductors. Start by putting forward both feet in a wide stance, holding the legs as straight as possible. With your hands, walk to your right foot and then bend the right knee and rotate the left toes to the ceiling, sitting on his right hip. Make sure your right foot remains flat on the floor.
5. Butterfly muscles stretch highlighted: adductors. Sitting, bring the soles of the feet together and sit tall through Ischia. To develop this stretch putting pressure on the knees, hands. If you want better stretch your groin muscles, keep your feet closer to your body. Now, make sure your feet are away from your hips and slowly around his upper body to loosen back muscles.
6. forearm extensor muscles stretch highlighted: forearm extensors. Pack your shoulders and back down and turn the shoulder to the outside in order to get into the best position to stretch the forearm muscle. Having taken her body in this position, putting pressure on the other hand to start the final stretch. You can develop this stretch touching his fingertips together in the form of a cup of tea.
7. side lateral bending of the neck muscles emphasized: esternocleidomastoideo “SMC”. Prolonging the neck as much as possible and slowly drop your ear to your shoulder, ensuring that they are not collapsing the cervical spine. This stretch can be further developed and advanced by sitting on a chair and holding the bottom of the seat. This will cause tension in the arm and neck consistent, and therefore allowing you to target the upper traps.
8. The neck muscles stretch rotation stressed: esternocleidomastoideo “SMC”. Start by turning the neck in a slow manner, keeping the chin slightly raised to isolate the SMC. For a deeper stretch, you have to press the opposite hand to the direction you are turning.
9. The extension neck muscles stretch emphasized: esternocleidomastoideo “SMC”. Start by putting your hands on your hips, and therefore maintain long column start to tilt the head back, ensuring that they are not collapsing the cervical spine.
10. Lateral side bending neck muscles hand emphasized Attendance: esternocleidomastoideo “SCM” and upper trapezius. Prolonging the neck as much as possible, while slowly drop your ear to your shoulder. As you do, make sure you are not collapsing the cervical spine. Progress in this stretch by sitting in a chair and grab the bottom of his seat. In this way, you are creating constant tension to the arm and neck, and that will allow you to target the upper traps.
11. Half Kneeling Quad / hip flexor stretch muscles highlighted: psoas and quadriceps. Start at the middle position knees. Then you should pass right hip, and should also begin to feel a stretch in the front of the hip while doing it. Take your foot back and tighten the gluteus back in order to add to the final stretch of the hip flexors.
12. forearm extensor muscles stretch highlighted: forearm extensors. Start by packing your shoulder and back down. Then turn the shoulder out to reach the optimum position to stretch the forearm muscle. When you have reached this position to exert pressure on the opposition hand to start the final stretch. You can advance this stretch touching his fingertips together in the form of a cup of tea.
14. Assisted Standing Flexion Stretch neck muscles highlighted: trapezius muscle. Standing on the floor with feet together. Make sure your spine is extended and slowly sit your hips back and round the upper back, pushing the chin toward the chest at the same time.
15. Latitude spinal muscles stretch with traction emphasized: latissimus dorsi. Start by taking a firm grip on a bar and slowly lift your feet off the ground. The section has to be felt in the chest and back. If you have completely taken his feet off the ground, pulling the lumbar spine will feel. If you have recently undergone a shoulder injury or if you have shoulder impingement, do not perform this stretch.
16. Stretch lat muscle wall emphasized: latissimus dorsi. Put both hands on the corner of a wall or a pole. Maintaining its long spine, push your hips to one side slowly. If you have problems with your lower back, do not perform this stretch.
17. The position of the boy muscles highlighted: latissimus dorsi. Being on the floor with your hands and knees on the floor, slowly bring your hips back until your forehead is on the floor. If you want a better stretch in the hips, you must take the wider knees. Your upper back should be placed in the shape of an arc, and then must externally rotate the shoulders to stretch the lats and chest muscles.
18. The foot muscles Calf Stretch highlighted: soleus and gastrocnemius. This stretch can be done in a rack or on the edge of a step of the ladder. Rotate your ankles a little to the inside and outside to actively stretch your calf muscles.
19. The muscles of the front of Split highlighted: the psoas and hamstring. This stretch is not suitable for beginners, because it is a kind of advanced, and should be done with caution, especially if you have a hip problem. Start in a kneeling position lunge. It can also be beneficial if you have the support of a chair while your hip flexors and hamstrings release.
20. Seated Forward Fold / seated Toe Touch stressed muscles: hamstrings and calves. Sit on the seat bones and bend your knees if necessary. Your legs will become stronger as its flexibility gets better. Make sure your spine is as straight as possible, especially if you have back problems. This stretch can also be done lying down on the back, feet up the wall.
22. The deep muscles squat stressed: buttocks. This movement has a general impact on all areas of your body. If you have knee problems, or if you can not keep your heels on the floor, hold your squat before proceeding. Begin standing with separated at shoulder width feet and then start to fall gradually in the deep squat. When it comes to the deep squat position, bring your arms inside your legs and put some pressure inside the knees, sitting on her hips and heels. This stretch can also be done lying on his back with his feet against a wall.
23. Half King Pigeon Pose Sitting emphasized muscles: buttocks. Start in a seated position and gradually pull the leg toward your chest and pull it out, keeping your spine straight. This stretch should be felt in the buttock.
24. Stretching the calf muscles standing on the wall emphasized: soleus and gastrocnemius. Started in the lunge position, which has the back of his foot slightly it turned out. Slowly bring the back of the heel on the floor to stretch the calf muscles.
26. The muscles of the supine twist underlined: glutes and external obliques. This stretch is especially good and beneficial for people suffering from sciatica pain and try to get rid of it. Begin lying on your back and then bring one leg across his body, and slowly turn his gaze and upper body in the opposite direction. The importance of this stretch is the fact that it uses the breath to open the rib cage and the sacroiliac joint and hip area without putting too much pressure on the lower back. If this stretch is too difficult for you, stacking both knees on top of each other, and when it is placed in this way feels more stretch in the upper column when the knees are higher and more stretch in the lumbar spine when the knees are lower.
27. a lateral bending Dowel stressed muscles: external oblique and latissimus dorsi. Keep the spine long, slowly push hips to the side, keeping your shoulders rotate outward. If you have problems with your lower back, do not perform this stretch.
28. Triangle Pose stressed muscles: external oblique. Start with a large stand with his front foot forward and back foot at 90 degrees. Put your hand on the front leg or the floor, and sit back in your front hip, keeping your back straight. Turn away from your front leg and keep your eyes on the hand that is in the air.
29. Stretch in the chest wall muscles emphasized: pectorals. To start, facing the wall with thumb up. Slowly turn away from the wall in order to stretch the chest muscle. This stretch should be felt in the muscle belly, but be careful not to stretch too far, as it will lead to pain in the shoulder joint.
30. Assisted chest muscles stretch highlighted: chest and latissimus dorsi. Begin by lying on the floor and holding palms faced. Your partner should be sitting in a deep squat position and hold their hands, therefore, are supposed to feel a stretch in the chest and back. Stretching should also cause some traction in the spine. If you have shoulder inflammation, do not perform this stretch.
31. Sitting half of muscles variation Dove highlighted: anterior tibial. Start by sitting with your feet in front of you. Put one hand behind you and pull it out and put one foot above the knee. To add to the stretch in the hip, slowly lean forward and begin the movement of articulation in the hips.
32. The shoulder muscles in external rotation stretch supine position highlighted: subscapularis. Begin by lying on your back. Then place your arm to the side with the elbow at an angle of 90 degrees. Then gradually bring back of the hand on the floor. If you can not bring your hand close to the ground, and is still far away, it means your rotator cuff and other muscles that control internal rotation are tight.
33. Down Dog Variation in wall muscles he stressed: pectorals and latissimus dorsi. Stand far enough away from a wall or frame so that when the wall of his body touches into parallel to the ground. Move this pivoting at the hips and make sure your spine is straight all the time position. Once in this position, move your chest forward and make a slight arch in the upper back and stretch your lats and chest muscles. If the hamstrings are tight, try to bend your knees.
34. Assisted chest muscles stretch variation highlighted: pectorals. Lye down on the ground face down and palms to face. Your partner needs to pull your hands back and you should feel a deep stretch in your chest muscles. In case you have an inflammation of the shoulder, do not perform this stretch.
35. Upper trapezius muscles stretching Permanent outstanding: High trapezius muscle. Stand erect and move your hands behind your lower back. Grasp your right wrist with his left hand. Pull your right arm as far as possible to the left. Your hands should be on the back or outside of the left hip. Lower your head to one side, to the left shoulder until you feel the stretch in the neck. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds and then repeat on the opposite side.
36. upper back muscles foot of prominent extension: teres major, rhomboids and upper trapezius muscles. Stand erect and place your feet close next to each other. Extend your arms in front of you with fingers interlaced and palms facing forward. Reducing your head slightly forward, push your hands forward as you exhale, allowing your back to arch slightly, while the knees bend. Hold for 10 to 15 seconds
Source :. www.makeyourlifehealthier.com