fast food lifestyle constipation has made a very common problem today.
We feel quite embarrassed to talk about it in the daily encounters. This is the reason why many people are unaware that constipation can be treated at home.
Generally, due to lack of fiber and dehydration, feces remain in the colon and harden, so it is more difficult to defecate.
If untreated, the passage of hard stools can lead to bleeding, stomach ulcers, and anal fistulas.
If you are experiencing severe pain or bleeding when defecating, you should consult a doctor immediately.
If not, instead of looking over-the-counter laxatives, try natural laxative to treat the problem naturally.
laxatives to treat constipation DIY
Here are the remedies that you can try to move trapped hard stools or stools occur. Choose any method as per your comfort and try it.
Dehydration is the main reason behind constipation so drink plenty of water to soften and move hard stools.
2. Sodium Bicarbonate
versatile sodium bicarbonate also works for constipation and stomach aches. He turned to alkaline stomach, it neutralizes acid, encourages the air out in one way or another and helps things to pass through the intestine. Here it is how to use sodium bicarbonate for constipation.
- Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda with 1/4 cup of warm water.
- Drink the mixture quickly.
- Note: The rapid drinking, works best to move things
- Repeat the process, if there is no sign of bowel movement within 4 hours..
3. Epsom salt
salt draws water to hard stools, which soften and colors out. This magnesium salt helps the intestinal muscles contract that makes it easy to pass stool. Here’s how you can use it.
- For a cup of water or fruit juice, dissolve 2 teaspoons of Epsom salt.
- drink quickly.
- If you did not observe any sign of bowel movement within four hours, a dose.
4. Prune juice
The presence of sorbitol and high amounts of fiber makes it a natural laxative to treat constipation. Sorbitol indigested not easy that helps you draw a lot of water as it passes through the intestines. Usually it works within few hours.
- Drink 1 glass of prune juice in the morning and before going to bed.
- Alternatively, you can eat a lot of prunes instead of juice.
- For a saucepan, add 1 cup prunes, 1 1/2 cups water and 1 tablespoon of juice of lemon.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- , remove from heat, let cool and drink.
5. Triphala powder
Triphala powder is a combination of amla, haritaki and Vibhitaki. It acts as a laxative, stimulating the secretion of bile and other secretions which are essential for energy depositions.
- Mix 1 teaspoon triphala powder in a glass of warm water.
- The drink it before going to bed or on an empty stomach in the morning.
- For added taste, can be mixed with honey.
- You can drink every day.
6. Lemon and salt water
Lemon flushes toxins from the stomach and small intestine. High amounts of magnesium stimulate contractions of the muscles of the intestine.
- Squeeze juice of half a lemon in a glass of warm water.
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon salt in it.
- Drink 3 times a day.
7. Castor oil
Castor oil is the most effective natural laxative that softens the stool and stimulates bowel movements within few hours.
- Consume 1 tablespoon of castor oil on an empty stomach.
- For best flavor, perhaps with apple juice or orange juice.
Warning: Do not use castor oil for babies and toddlers. For children and young children, reduce the amount of a teaspoon. Although it is safe for consumption for a quick fix, but do not use for extended periods.
Raisins contain lots of fiber and are a natural laxative. It adds bulk to the stool and helps move the trapped feces. Adding raisins to your daily diet can prevent constipation problems in the future.
- Soak a handful of raisins in water overnight.
- After removing the water and eat raisins on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Alternatively, you can eat some raisins daily after meals.
Honey is a natural laxative that helps strengthen the digestive system and stimulates the elimination of hard stools.
Process 1: honey with warm water
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass of warm water and drink.
- For additional benefits, add 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
Process 2: Honey and milk
- Add 1 tablespoon honey to a glass of warm milk.
- drink it and repeat 3 times a day.
Process 3: The cinnamon and honey laxative tea
- boil a cup of water and add 1 inch each of ginger and cinnamon.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- let cool until lukewarm.
- Strain and add 1 tablespoon of honey to it.
- Stir well and consumed.
- Repeat. 3 – 4 times a day
10. Milk with turmeric
This combination makes an incredible to oust the hard stools natural laxative that they are trapped in the colon.
- Boil a cup of milk and add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric to it.
- Simmer for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- let cool until warm and add 1 teaspoon of butter to it.
- stir well and drink.
- If there is no improvement in 3 hours, repeat the process again.
11. chia seeds
functions as an intestinal broom intestines and helps move hard stools trapped.
- Soak 2 tablespoons chia seeds in a cup of water.
- After 15 minutes, drink the entire solution.
- Repeat daily.
12. psyllium husk
is one of the main ingredients of many over-the-counter laxatives. The insoluble fiber in it helps hard stools to absorb water and stimulate bowel movements.
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of psyllium husk in a glass of warm water or milk.
- may increase the dose to 1 or 2 teaspoons gradually.
- drink the mixture before going to bed.
13. Flax seeds
This mulicage in flax seeds exhibits laxative properties.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed in a glass of water and drink.
- Alternatively, mixed with yogurt and eat.
- Repeat 2 times a day, once in the morning and before going to bed.
14. The okra
contains mucilage properties that lubricates the intestinal tract and help eliminate hard stools and painless.
- Eat okra 1 cup steamed or baked.
- Chop okra and soak in a cup of water overnight. Drinking in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Repeat daily.
Blackstrap Molasses 15.
Molasses has vitamins, minerals and magnesium that help relieve constipation.
- 2 tablespoon molasses before going to bed relieves constipation in the morning.
- Alternatively, it can be consumed with water or juice.
16. Olive oil
Olive oil stimulates the digestive system so things trapped in the colon moves quickly.
- Consume 1 tablespoon of olive oil on an empty stomach.
- repeat every 3 hours until hard stools are expelled.
- For added taste, add a pinch of sea salt to it.
- children, reduce the amount of tablespoon and a half.
contains papain enzyme that helps digest protein in the large intestine. It also contains insoluble fiber that helps move bulk and hard stools.
- Eat 1/2 papaya or eat a glass of papaya juice on an empty stomach.
18. Aloe Vera
The laxative property of aloe vera aids in digestion and bowel movements regulated.
- Blend 2 tablespoons aloe vera gel recently extracted with water or juice and drink it.
- Alternatively, you can drink bottled juice 1/2 aloe vera.
19. Orange juice
increases the contraction of muscles in the colon and regulates bowel movements. Fiber which also helps add bulk to the stool hard and helps push out.
- Drink a full glass of orange juice freshly prepared.
- repeat again if no improvement is observed in 3 hours.
figures are full of fiber and are a natural laxative that helps loosen the hard stools. Use fresh or dried figs, fresh figs if you choose be sure to eat the skin because it contains most of the fiber and calcium.
- Boil either dry or mature figs in a glass of milk.
- Drink this warm milk before going to bed.
- Alternatively, figs soaked in water overnight and eat them the next day fasting.
grapes contain cellulose, sugar, and organic acid. These three together serve as a natural laxative to relieve constipation.
- eating a bowl of grapes or organic grape juice.
- Alternatively, add 10 to 12 dry grapes without seeds in milk. Boil for a few minutes and drink at night.
- Drink a glass of pear juice.
- On the other hand, eating 2 or 3 pears.
- Repeat every time you experience constipation.
The surprising components dandelions make it a smooth and mild laxative. Here’s how you can use it.
- For a cut of hot water, add 1 -. 2 teaspoons of dried leaves lion tooth
- stir well and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drink 3 times a day.
clean spinach and strengthens the digestive system and regulates bowel movements. Ayurveda and Chinese herbal medicine recommend this to treat constipation. If you have kidney problems, consult a doctor before trying this remedy.
- Mix 100 ml of organic spinach juice and water.
- drink it regularly.
safflower and soybean oils lubricate the intestines to make it easier to pass stool. They also help digest food easily.
- Mix oils (vegetable, safflower or soybean) together.
- Consume 2-3 tablespoons of oil 3 times a day.
- If you do not like to take the oil directly, add it to tea or fruit juices or salads.
cabbage is rich in fiber and helps maintain healthy digestive tract. It is also a mild laxative, stimulating bowel movements to properly clean the stomach and intestines.
- regularly eat cabbage stir-fries, soups and other foods.
- or drinking 1 cup cabbage juice twice a day before meals
seeds and pulp guava have both fibers soluble and insoluble that make it easier to pass stool. They also promote the production of mucus anal contractions and intestinal lining to make it easier to pass stool.
- Eat guava raw as often as possible.
- If you have a gastric problem eating it after lunch and not eat it at night.
- If you have stomach ulcers not chew the seeds.
28. Oregon Grape
The Oregon grape has many essential vitamins and minerals that keep the digestive system functioning properly.
- Mix ½ teaspoon tincture of Oregon grape in a glass of water and drink daily.
Yogurt contains probiotics that helps promote good bacteria. It helps strengthen the digestive system and regulate bowel movements.
- Greek yogurt is a great source of good bacteria. Eat 2-3 cups of it throughout the day.
grapes contain cellulose, sugar, and organic acid. These three together serve as a natural laxative to relieve constipation. Eat bowl of grapes and drinking a glass of grape juice organic regularly to avoid constipation.
- 10.12 Mix dry grapes without seeds in milk.
- Boil for a few minutes and drink at night.
31. coriander seeds
coriander seeds are rich in dietary fiber that helps bulk to the stool by absorbing water through the digestive system and promotes complete evacuation of the bowels. 100 g of seeds containing 41.9 g of fiber.
- Boil the water and add 1 tablespoon coriander seeds.
- reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink.
- Repeat two times a day.
- . Note: You can add seeds of coriander or coriander powder in recipes
32. Fennel seeds
Fennel seeds accelerate the digestive process to increase the frequency of movements intestinal.
- Before bedtime, mix ½ teaspoon fennel seeds in a glass of warm water.
- allowed to stand overnight and drink in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Do this every night.
Tips and Precautions:
- If you are allergic to any ingredient, do not use it.
- drink plenty of water.
- Add high fiber foods to your daily diet.
- For some, a cup of coffee or tea helps move stool in the colon, but consume more amount can also lead to constipation.
- Prefer fresh fruit or vegetables for snacks instead of fried and fatty foods.
- Laxative abuse can also cause diarrhea or other digestive problems.
- exercise regularly to keep your digestive system healthy and active.
- If you did not find no relief with natural laxative, consult a doctor.
- Pay attention to the needs of the body and not the urge to have a bowel movement stops.
- difficult for Push bowel movements can also lead to bleeding, damage to mucous membranes and other annoyances.
- Relax in a tub of hot water bath for pain relief after eliminating hard stools.
Questions related to the article? Do you have any remedy that worked best for you?
Share your comments, questions and suggestions in the comments section.