The acid reflux, also commonly known as acid indigestion, usually it is the failure of the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) is contracted after eating, causing stomach acid regurgitates into the esophagus. It causes acid reflux heartburn but without pain. In severe cases, there will be gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Symptoms of acid reflux:
Some of the symptoms of acid reflux occur:
- Sore throat
- Soar mouth
- The bitter taste
- dry cough
- Difficulty swallowing
- pain awful heartburn / chest
- difficulty, while the combination or lie
- some asthma
- extra saliva
- fullness or bloating
- hiccups often
- diarrhea and dental
home remedies for acid reflux:
Here are some natural home remedies that help prevent acid reflux occur.
1. apple cider vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has an acidic character that helps break down fats and balance pH levels. It also helps in better digestion.
Take a tablespoon of vinegar raw apple cider (ACV) before each meal.
Related: apple cider vinegar for acid reflux
2. slippery elm
slippery elm mucous layer of the stomach lining as a protective layer thickens, and creates a strong barrier against acids.
- 1-2 tablespoons of powdered slippery elm bark of the root in a glass of water is stirred.
- drink it after meals and before going to bed.
- To improve the taste, you can add a little sugar or honey to taste.
- Furthermore, it should suck the tablet American elm.
- start with a small amount of powder until you get used to it.
Eating apples after meals, especially at night, to prevent acid reflux. Apples create an alkaline condition in the stomach by neutralizing the excess acid and facilitate the digestion process.
4. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate acts as a base and neutralizes acids in the stomach.
Mix one tablespoon of baking soda in a glass of water and drink.
If you suffer from heartburn regularly, avoid this method. For more information and details, see here baking soda for acid reflux.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera acts as a natural healing agent. Reduces inflammation of the esophagus and stomach . Take aloe vera juice and gel before meals.
6 . Cardamom
cardamom contains chemicals that treat stomach and intestinal gas and cramping, but also increases the movement of food through the intestine.
Grind 2 cardamoms and add 250 ml of water. Boil the mixture for about 15 minutes and drink.
7 . Basil leaves / Indian Tulsi
basil leaves can soothe the effects of acid reflux, but also helps to heal irritation and pain and facilitate the process of digestion.
- Steep basil leaves 3 6-8 ounces of boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the leaves and drink the tea.
- You can also simply chewing a few leaves of basil before a meal.
8 . Clavo
Clavo has anti inflammatory properties eugenol and includes other compounds such as capsaicin, pinene, etc., which helps in better digestion.
- mix a pinch of clove powder in one teaspoon of honey and add a small amount of hot water.
- Drink this to get relief fron acid reflux.
- Alternatively chew some ground cloves after eating.
9 . Milk
Milk is high in alkaline and contains a high acidic substance. acid reflux cure and sometimes can be a cause. Therefore, drink only a full glass of cold skim milk to get rid of the problem.
Potatoes are alkaline in nature and help reduce acid levels in the stomach. eating potatoes with meals will help reduce the problem.
11 . Fennel seeds
fennel seeds contain a component called anethole having the ability to suppress stomach cramping and prevents acid reflux. Therefore, chewing half a teaspoon fennel seeds after eating.
banana serves as a great remedy for acid reflux, because it acts as a natural antacid. It also contains potassium, which helps reduce levels of acid in the stomach and helps better digestion. Eating a banana regularly to get results. You can add some sugar and a pinch of cinnamon powder.
13 . Yogurt
Yogurt contains probiotics that help keep the digestive system healthy. It also helps absorb protein and nutrients for the body. Be sure to eat a lot of yogurt.
Glutamine helps strengthen the LES to keep stomach acids that are returned. It also helps in the repair and healing of the mucous membrane is damaged by acid erosion ongoing.
Take 1 teaspoon of amino acids with 4 ounces of water and drink after every meal.
organic honey acts as a calming agent and helps to adjust the pH of the body and neutralizes stomach acids. Therefore, take a spoon full of honey before bedtime.
16. Indian gooseberry
currants can heal the digestive tract and protects against stomach acids. You can have them raw, in tea or as cooked. However, use sparingly.
Ginger acts as an anti-inflammatory and helps better digestion. Crush a piece of ginger to extract the juice. Mix a few drops of lemon juice and ginger juice and drink. This will help cure acid reflux.
papaya contains an enzyme called papain that dissolves proteins, so taking after meals it helps better digestion.
19. fenugreek seeds
is a natural herb that has the ability to absorb excess stomach acid and rich in fiber which helps in better digestion. Consume, either cooked or liquid form.
- Soak few fenugreek seeds in a glass of water for about 2-3 hours or overnight.
- drink water from the effort of the seeds.
Almonds neutralize the juices in the stomach, relieve and prevent acid reflux. Take some almonds and chew either in the morning or before lunch or as a snack.
Drinking coconut water or raw milk directly, or using in the kitchen, helps get relief from the problem.
lemons helps create calcium carbonate which neutralizes the digestive acids.
drink lemon juice mixed with warm water in the morning. You can add honey to sweeten the juice.
23. chamomile tea
This reduces inflammation in the stomach and balanced acidity levels.
- boil a cup of water, add 1 teaspoon dried chamomile petals.
- Come on low heat for 45 minutes.
- Strain the leaves and drink.
liverwort, also known as Stickwort or burdock, etc., helps prevent acid reflux by eliminating unnecessary acids from the stomach and helps in easy digestion. it is very effective when consumed with milk.
Fasting is an excellent remedy for acid reflux, but be sure to drink fluids and fluids and eat fruits on an empty stomach. Otherwise, create a problem of heartburn and acid reflux.
26. Chewing gum
Chewing gum not only eliminates bad breath, but also prevents heartburn and acid reflux. Chew sugarless gum for at least 30 minutes after eating. This helps simulate salivary flow, so any acid in the intestine is washed.
27. Calcium nitrate powder
Take 250 mg powder and calcium nitrate dissolved in water. Drink this at least 4 times a day.
28 . Melatonin
Most of melatonin production occurs in the stomach, small intestine and colon, which helps to better digestion. Taking a melatonin supplement will help protect the digestive system or the tracks.
29. DGL (licorice Deglycyrrhizinated)
DGL helps increase the protective mucous lining of the stomach, intestinal tract and LES, aggravation prevention and irritation caused by stomach acids. Take DGL either gum tablet or powder, half teaspoon dissolved in a glass of water.
Healthy to prevent acid reflux foods:
Taking the following things / foods will help prevent acid reflux.
- red apples
- Basil leaves
- Herbal teas
- Grape fruit
- yellow mustards
- All vitamins and minerals
- fennel vegetable
- roots and green
- Brown rice and couscous
triggers acid reflux:
below lists the general triggers acid reflux:
- smoking and alcohol consumption
- citrus fruits
- food fatty and fast
- Certain supplements or medications
- caffeinated drinks
- garlic and onion
- drink beverages like soda
- foods rich in fats and foods like beef
- the salads and cheeses
- Salt and pepper
Tips to prevent acid reflux:
It can prevent acid reflux, following the advice below.
- Elevate your head up to 6 inches while sleeping to prevent heartburn and GERD.
- Do not smoke or drink. Excessive alcohol consumption decreases the functional capacity of the lower esophageal sphincter.
- Eat small meals more often.
- avoid greasy, spicy and acidic food.
- Avoid tight clothing, which put pressure on the abdomen and the lower esophageal sphincter.
- If you are overweight, reduce weight slowly, as excess pounds put pressure on the abdomen.
- avoid lying down after meals, wait at least 2-3 hours.
- avoid stress and anxiety.
- Include organic, fresh, raw and vegetables, which contain live enzymes in your diet fruits.
- take food that contains minerals, vitamins, vitamin B complex, folic acid, etc., this helps to repair the entire digestive system and improves digestive control of the central nervous system.
- Notice what is causing your particular problem, and try to avoid that.
- drink plenty of water and liquids.
- avoid eating quickly.
- regular exercise.
- Avoid bending or lifting heavy objects at lunchtime meals.
- Poultry, fish food and sea should be cooked either by boiling, baking, broiling or saturation.
Hyssopus officinalis / Hyssop, German chamomile, Wood Betony / purple betony also helps prevent acid reflux.
Take 150 mg of gamma-oryzanol three times a day on an empty stomach, which helps prevent acid reflux.
Do you know any other remedy to treat acid reflux? Please share your experience with us.