Superfood Trio 😕 Ginger, turmeric and carrots
To designate a vegetable, spices or other edible with the title “super food” is to recognize that you have the kind of capabilities that now outdistances others among their ranks.
Three super foods that have gone out of their way to distinguish nutritionally are ginger, turmeric and carrots. If you are surprised by the latter, what follows is a summary of all its attributes, as well as some of the possibilities they have for you.
One of the most important advantages sharing: disease-fighting antioxidants. People who eat ginger, turmeric and carrots – especially all in one dish – vente not only with a lower risk of heart disease, cancer and diabetes, but also many so-called “less serious”, but often debilitating diseases, such as pain and inflammation.
can not be a surprise to know that ginger and turmeric both belong to the same botanical family, Zingiberacea . Both have been used in culinary applications, and have been considered as powerful remedies for many ailments for thousands of years.
These two are especially potent used in tandem, such as tea turmeric and ginger (involving a teaspoon each grated in a cup of boiled water, use of ground spices requires a third part of a teaspoon per cup.)
Note that the benefits of these foods – virtually all foods, actually – come from the food itself -. Not a supplement or drug made from them
Here are two more reasons these super foods can make you raise your eyebrows: You will find that in most shops, these incredibly healthy land deals are fairly cheap, even if they are organic – and organic is always best to buy.
Another surprise may come when you learn how these three precious taste of foods together. So what unique benefits they impart these three super?
The use of turmeric
Turmeric, also known as Curcuma longa is a tropical and subtropical rhizome, ie, the root contains salt, although the leaves are also used in Chinese and East Indian Ayurvedic medicine.
is famous for its healing qualities, but also the bright yellow hue, and curry produced from turmeric that gives Indian and Chinese, unmistakable and spicy dishes. Turmeric has seeds; the roots are used for propagation.
Curcumin is probably the most important active ingredient of this powerful spices, giving its impressive medicinal influence.
Indeed, this compound has been estimated to contain about 150 different therapeutic benefits, including boosting your immunity, protect your heart and moderate the effects of autoimmune diseases. Here are some more of the benefits you get when ingested curcumin.
• Alzheimer’s disease : Research indicates that turmeric may reverse cognitive impairment and dementia 1 In a study. threeAlzheimer in patients who took capsules of turmeric powder for 12 weeks showed a marked improvement.
Researchers said: “Both symptoms of patients and the burden on caregivers was significantly reduced.”
• Heart Health :. Three studies at a Japanese university found that daily supplements of curcumin could improve risk factors for cardiovascular health to the same degree that moderate aerobic exercise
“Our results indicate that intake of curcumin and aerobic exercise can increase flow-mediated dilation in postmenopausal women, suggesting that both can potentially improve related decline with age in the endothelial function. ”
• Pain in the joints :. Help relieve stiffness caused by arthritis is one of the main advantages of this spice
• AIDS :. Studies show remarkable curcumin has potential for AIDS patients, as turmeric is both an antioxidant and antimicrobial
Research suggests that can help heal skin wounds, inhibits enzymes and proteins promoting infection, reducing infected cells, and block the multiplication of infected T cells without the side effects of conventional medicines .
• Epilepsy :. Scientists found curcumin have a neuroprotective effect on epilepsy and related disorders 5
One of the disadvantages of turmeric is curcumin is not bioavailable fast, which means that once ingested the body is unable to absorb quickly to access the benefits. Interestingly, studies show increases accessibility when added, for example for a cup of tea, a teaspoon of fat such as coconut oil or flaxseed oil.
generous dividends generated by Ginger
Ginger (Zingiber officinale ) is essentially the part of the stem that grows underground – hence the name of the ginger root. It originated in Asia and spread to Europe through Roman traders, making a name for himself both as a medicine and flavor enhancer.
Ginger is potently aromatic with a warm heart “zingy”, which has made it one of the world’s most sought after spices. Only a few thin slices make a healing tea. Ginger is usually reduced to powder to facilitate spraying and can be added to almost all kinds of food -. Soups cookies for frying
The compound most powerful ginger rightly is gingerol, the oil also imparts the fragrance. An article points out that studies show:
“… ginger extract may be an anti-cancer agent even more effective than chemotherapy drugs, killing the cancer cells, leaving healthy intact. Its anti-inflammatory properties could also help prevent the progression of precancerous cells to cancer. ”
• Inflammation :. Even the pain of different types of arthritis is reduced by eating ginger, drinking ginger tea or add a generous pinch in food
Participants in numerous studies reported a decrease in muscle pain, agility and movement, and reducing inflammation, such as knee pain, when ginger is used regularly improved.
• Nausea :. In addition to aid digestion and relieve pain gut known as colic, ginger is known to be able to relieve nausea
This includes nausea and motion sickness, and it has even been used successfully for patients after surgery or undergoing chemotherapy. He reported the George Mateljan Foundation:
“In herbal medicine, ginger is considered as an excellent carminative (a substance that promotes the elimination of intestinal gas) and spasmolytic intestinal (a substance that relaxes and soothes the intestinal tract). ..
A key to the success of ginger eliminating gastrointestinal distress is offered by double blind recent studies have shown that ginger is very effective in preventing the symptoms of disease movement, especially dizziness.
In fact, in one study, ginger has proven to be much higher than Dramamine … “
• Diabetes : The researchers conducted a study to investigate the effects of ginger on blood sugar fasting of 41 participants. The final result of the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial showed that only 2 grams of ground ginger decreased fasting blood sugar of patients by 12 percent. 9
• Memory : Ginger has been shown to improve memory; In one study, 60 healthy middle-aged women, were subjected to doses of either plant extracts or a placebo for a period of two months.
After being assessed for their memory and cognitive function, the researchers concluded that ginger extract “improves both attention and cognitive processing capacity without any side effects.
From the family of the Umbelliferae, carrots are a go-to Veggie by numerous hearty dishes as well as a handy, crunchy snack. Overall, I recommend eating carrots in moderation because they contain more sugar than any other vegetable, other than sugar beet.
However, when consumed as part of an overall healthy diet, nutrients in carrots can provide multiple health benefits. The beta-carotene (the name of the carrot), his most important nutrient, not manufactured in your body, so they are needed in your diet. An article adds:
“… Beta-carotene maintains vision, regulates the growth of skin cells, maintains the membranes lining the nose and respiratory tract healthy and helps control the production of proteins. All carotenoids, including beta carotene, also they have antioxidant capacity. ”
phytonutrients such as anthocyanins lutein and vitamins and minerals to join extraordinary potential health-boosting -Vitamins A, B6, C and K, as some of the most beneficial and several minerals. Research has found that the carotenoids you eat, the longer your life! Here are some of the health benefits offered carrots:
• Antioxidants : According to the George Mateljan Foundation:
“Different types of antioxidants carrot are more likely to work together and we provide cardiovascular benefits we could not get from any of these antioxidants themselves if they were separated and consumed individually, in isolated from each other. The synergistic effect of antioxidants carrot it is a great example of a complete food and its uniqueness as a food source. ”
• Heart disease : A 10-year study in the Netherlands showed carrots can help prevent cardiovascular disease. The research focused on the food color: green, purple / red, white and yellow / orange. The latter showed the greatest benefits. In reducing risk of heart disease; patients who ate more carrots had a rate reduction of 32 percent.
• Cancer : The phytonutrients in carrots as falcarinol and falcarindiol has been shown to prevent inflammation, possibly by clumping of red blood cells to reduce the risk of develop cancerous tumors to scale.
• Digestion : PharmaNews says. “Regular consumption of carrots helps in the prevention of gastric ulcers and digestive disorders”
• Vision: The beta-carotene is converted to vitamin A, which is important for vision, especially if you have a deficiency of vitamin A; eating carrots helps prevent a deficiency. Studies also indicate that beta-carotene protects against cataracts and macular degeneration.
Superfoods are Cancer Killers
Here are three extracts studies showing how these three super were effective in the treatment and prevention of various cancers:
“Although the medicinal properties of ginger have been known for thousands of years, a significant number of in vitro, in vivo and epidemiological studies provide substantial evidence that ginger and compounds assets are effective against wide variety of human diseases, including gastrointestinal cancer. ginger has been found to be effective against various cancers GI such as gastric cancer, pancreatic cancer, liver cancer, colorectal cancer and cholangiocarcinoma. ”
“Curcumin is one of the most successful chemopreventive compounds investigated in recent years, and is currently in human trials to prevent cancer. The mechanism of action of curcumin is complex and probably multifactorial . we have made the unexpected observation. surprisingly modulates curcumin proteins of iron metabolism in cells and tissues, suggesting that curcumin has properties of an iron chelator ”
This study has shown that extracts carrots can induce apoptosis and cause cell cycle arrest in leukemia cell lines.
And now for a simple dish to get all three of these foods into a delicious dish: Steam cups of carrots in a couple of tablespoons of water, just until tender-crisp. Add a few teaspoons of butter, sea salt to taste and half teaspoon of turmeric and ginger ofgrated (or half that amount of soil variety). To serve, lightly mash or serve all tremendously healthy for a delicious side dish.
You May Also Like :