is more likely to occur in women than in men migraine, and they may feel like a stabbing pain affecting one side of the head, accompanied by various symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, impaired vision, etc.
Some causes of migraines are hormonal changes, stress, diet, sensory stimuli, sleep patterns, changes in the environment, drugs and physical factors.
Make sure you know the difference between a migraine and headache before using these remedies, as remedies for headaches are very different.
Home Remedies for Migraine:
There are many medications that helps a migraine, but home remedies can provide long-term relief.
1. Peppermint oil
Mint has soothing properties that help to get relief from pain and migraine symptoms.
- Take a few drops of peppermint oil on your hands.
- Rub on his forehead and temples.
- is left for 15 -. 30 minutes
- Wait for the anti inflammatory property to sink in.
it is very effective in treating nausea symptoms which is caused by migraine.
- Wash Following fresh and dry ginger.
- Remove the skin and cut into small pieces.
- Pour these slices in a pan.
- Add water and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drink slowly.
3. The tea tree oil
The anti inflammatory oil tea tree property reduces inflammation that causes the pain of a migraine.
- Take a few drops of tea tree oil in the palm of your hand.
- Massage gently on his head, until it has been absorbed by the skin.
- necessary to repeat the process.
4 . Vinegar
Vinegar helps cure migraine because it protects the brain cells that can get affected by migraine. You can give a relief to pregnant women without any damage.
- Soak a wash cloth in a bowl with vinegar.
- establish this fabric in the affected area.
- Leave for 30 minutes to allow the vinegar to seep into your skin.
- Remove the cloth.
5 . Dandelion tea
root tea dandelion contains many vitamins such as A, B, C and D and iron, all that helps ease the pain of a migraine.
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered or dandelion root dandelion root
- 8 ounces of water
- 1/4 cinnamon stick piece
- A little honey
- Add all ingredients (except honey) in a saucepan over high heat.
- Boil for a few minutes.
- Strain and add a little honey to sweeten.
- drink a cup a day for migraine relief.
6 . Cayenne pepper
Capsaicin is present in cayenne pepper, and is a great painkiller.
- take a few cayenne peppers / red peppers, and add to your meals.
- Another option is to take capsules of cayenne pepper.
7 . Fever few
few Fever is a plant-based bushy, aromatic used to treat migraines. When used with a grass as willow bark, intensity, frequency and duration of a migraine it is reduced. It reduces inflammation in the blood vessels in the brain that also alleviates other symptoms. Take 250 mg one day, but not while they are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
8 . Magnesium
Magnesium helps relax nerves and muscles through the transmission of nerve impulses throughout the body and brain. It also helps prevent the nerves become more excited, prevention of migraine. The recommended amount is 200-400 mg per day. Foods like pumpkin seeds, beets, soybeans, sesame seeds, flax seeds, quinoa, sunflower seeds, salmon, black beans, etc. are rich in magnesium.
9 . Regular exercise
Aerobic exercise is an effective and proven treatment for migraines. Regular exercise helps reduce stress and fend off stress. These exercises also trigger the release of endorphins, which acts as a mild sedative. It is recommended that 150 minutes of moderate or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity aerobic activity per week will help. However, try not to overdo it.
10. Omega – 3 fatty acids
This has anti-inflammatory properties to reduce inflammation. Protects brain cells, thereby providing pain relief. It is rich in fish, nuts, walnuts, flax seeds, halibut, Pacific oysters, sardines, etc.
Do you know – How to treat sinus headache using natural home remedies
11. Riboflavin (vitamin B2)
Riboflavin or vitamin B2, helps protect cells from oxidative damage and is involved in energy production to prevent migraines. We recommend taking 400 mg per day for at least 3 months with a B-complex supplement Whole grains, broccoli, asparagus, crimini mushrooms, yogurt, eggs, almonds, low fat milk, lamb, lean beef, liver, etc are rich in riboflavin.
12 . Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
is an antioxidant nutrient that is essential in the health of the blood vessels. blood flow to the brain is increased, it improves circulation and helps protect cells from oxidative damage. It also helps stabilize blood sugar. It is recommended that taking 60 mg of CoQ10 acts as a preventive treatment for migraines. It is found in liver, kidney and heart, and whole grains.
13 . Vitamin B6
Vitamin B6 helps to treat nausea, vomiting and headaches. It also helps control stress levels. Foods such as nuts, honey and sorghum syrup, lean, sunflower and sesame seeds, fish, liver, garlic, pistachios, dried herbs and other spices, rice and wheat are rich in vitamin B6.
14 . cold pack
This is one of the oldest remedies used for treating migraines. Take ice cubes or cold water and apply on the affected part of the head with a cloth or towel wash for immediate relief.
15 . Lavender oil
This can be inhaled or applied directly to the affected area. Take 2 to 4 drops per 2-3 cups of boiling water and inhale the vapors used oil to get rid of migraine. This should not be taken orally. No need to dilute when applied externally.
16 . Acupuncture
A doctor inserts thin, disposable needles into various parts of the body / skin at defined points to get relief from a migraine. There are many clinical facts have shown that acupuncture is useful in the treatment of pain.
17 . Buck wheat
migraine pain comes from flavonoid called rutin. These flavonoids are phytochemicals that are commonly found in plants. Buckwheat contains antioxidant properties to counteract damage to cells and reduces inflammation that causes migraine. It is recommended that buckwheat regularly.
18 . Traction
Relax in bed with side up and the legs elevated. Your head should be hanging off the edge, this will allow blood to flow to the affected area to get relief from pain area. When used with the combination therapy is effective ice and give immediate by reducing inflammation of the blood vessels relief.
This headache prevention contains properties that help provide migraine relief by reducing inflammation. Taking 100 mg every three hours a day give you migraine relief.
20 . hot compress
Use This is one of the following ways:
- Soak a cloth in hot water. He puts around the affected part of the head.
- Put a wash cloth in a saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes or microwave. Carry out and apply on the affected part of the head.
- Take a hot shower. Stay in the shower all the time I can to prevent migraines.
21 . DIY massage
scalp massages are a great way to relieve pain. It works by massaging the greater occipital nerve ie the area on the back of the head, in the skull base to reduce the pain of migraine.
22 . Caffeine
Caffeine can restrict blood vessels to decrease pain. Take a cup of tea has caffeine to get relief.
23 . Hydrogen peroxide bath
This detoxify your body and gives pain relief. Take hydrogen peroxide bath to prevent migraine
Tips for reducing migraine:
Follow these tips to get rid of migraines.
- Dehydration can cause migraines. Drink at least 8 -. 10 glasses (oz) of water every day
- tie a ribbon around his head he will give some pain relief.
- sleep regularly at the same time. Keep your room dark, as times irregular sleep and light a headache that can lead to a migraine trigger.
- Avoid skipping meals.
- There are certain foods and drinks that trigger migraine, so make a note of all these things and avoid them.
- Chicken broth helps get relief from vomiting during migraine symptoms. Replaces needed electrolytes and helps relieve migraines.
- soak your hands in ice water, as long as you can tolerate.
- Take a bath with all the lights off to relax the body.
- Discusses the-counter medications such as Tylenol and ibuprofen, aspirin, acetaminophen, etc.
- Regular testing of progesterone levels will help you check if you are in health.
- must recognize the early warning symptoms of a migraine as impaired vision, stress, fatigue or restlessness cause migraine.
- Follow meditation and yoga, etc to stop you from getting stressed.
- Dry air can increase the chances of getting a migraine, so opening the doors and windows or using a humidifier or ionizer.
- always have a low fat diet with fewer calories.
- Biofeedback, massage therapy, cognitive behavioral therapies, etc. They are also used in the treatment of migraines.
- Taking vitamin B12 each day helps prevent migraines.
- avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Having a cabbage compress taking several cabbage leaves and make a compress to place on his head.
- Bio freeze is a product that helps get rid of the pain. Apply this on the neck and back directly for immediate relief.
If there is no change in migraine pain after using these remedies, then immediately consult a doctor for medication. Be sure to get the advice of your doctor before using any of these remedies.
Do you know any other resources? Please share with us.
Image Source – # 1