Water retention, also known as edema, occurs when the system lymph can not remove excess body fluids and fluids get trapped and cause swelling in the hands, legs, ankles and feet. Edema has many causes, including heart problems, poor circulation, allergies, liver disease, vitamin deficiencies, kidney problems, thyroid disorders, among many others. Edema symptoms vary from person to person, but usually include weight gain, swelling, itching, pain, swelling, stiffness, and high blood pressure.
The key to preventing water retention is to stay hydrated, eat healthy and exercise regularly for your body to function properly and expel excess water naturally. You are about to learn the most effective for treating and preventing edema house methods. Let’s start.
Garlic is a diuretic. It helps release excess water and removes toxins from the body. It also helps you lose weight by breaking body fat that makes you thin and young. Use this herb regularly in the kitchen, in salads, soups, etc.
Method 1: Raw garlic
- Eat 2-3 cloves of raw garlic in the morning and evening.
- Be sure to chew thoroughly.
Method 2: Garlic Spreads
- Blend or grind fresh garlic to make a paste.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- spread on bread and enjoy.
- Or you can eat garlic bread
Method 3: Cooking with garlic
- Add garlic to all foods.
- is especially good in stir-fries and soups, and pizzas.
2. Food diuretics
food diuretics make you urinate more often. This helps release excess water, flush harmful toxins from the body, and blood pressure to restore the balance of sodium / adequate water in the body. There are water pills over-the-counter, but its effects are short-lived. The addition of diuretic foods to your meals every day prevents water retention on a lasting basis. Consult your doctor before adding diuretic foods to your diet if you are using diuretics or anti -. diuretic medication, and be sure to get plenty of potassium to replace what slacken because of the frequent need to urinate
- leafy greens
- juniper berries
- Brussels sprouts
parsley is rich in antioxidants, iron, calcium and B vitamins it helps inhibit reabsorption of sodium and potassium, allowing excess water to leave the body. Parsley also helps treat other problems of urinary tract infection and kidney stones.
Method 1: Parsley tea
- Add handful of fresh parsley to boiling water.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain, pour into a cup and drink.
- You can also use 2 teaspoons dried parsley in a teabag.
- Repeat 5-7 times a day.
- Note You can also use 2 teaspoons of parsley or dried tea bag instead of fresh parsley 1 cup water.
Method 2: Parsley Paste
Apply this paste on water retention in the affected parts (swollen) of the body, such as joints, wrists, hands, ankles, legs, etc.
- Crush or fresh parsley mixture to make a paste.
- apply to the swollen body parts.
- Leave for 30-45 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Repeat twice a day to remove water retention.
4. potassium-rich foods
The lack of potassium in the body causes fluid retention, edema and weight gain. Potassium is essential for proper function of cells, tissues and organs. It is an electrolyte that maintains the balance between sodium and water levels in the body. It stimulates the kidneys to remove waste and excess salt from the body.
Adding potassium-rich foods in your diet helps to get rid of water retention.
Natural Foods high in potassium
- sunflower seeds
Many European countries use this to reduce fluid retention. Barley is a diuretic and is safe to use during pregnancy to reduce swelling.
Method 1: Juice of Barley
- Boil ¼ cup washed and peeled little just for 15-25 minutes.
- Strain and add 2-4 tbsp lemon juice or orange to it.
- Mix well and drink.
- Repeat daily to get rid of fluid retention.
Method 2: Barely water
- Put 3 tablespoons of barley in a cup and is completely covered with water.
- let soak overnight.
- In the morning, strain and drink.
- Soak 3 tablespoons more than just during the day.
- Strain and drink before bedtime.
- Drinking regularly until complete relief from water retention.
- Follow this twice a week to prevent recurrence.
6. Tea mixed herbs
Many herbs are effective diuretics, and this recipe several herbs for maximum benefit is mixed. It is best to use fresh herbs. If you use dry, use 3 parsley parts to 1 part of each of the other herbs.
- 1 sheet of blackberry
- 1 bunch parsley
- ½ teaspoon celery tops
- 1 sheet of dandelion chopped
- 10 stems cherry
- corn silk ½ teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon herb cough
- Place herbs in a pot, pour 1 liter of boiled water, and boil.
- Cover and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain and drink tea all day.
- Repeat this every time you have the problem.
7. Dandelion tea
dandelion has many medicinal properties to treat liver, kidney, heartburn and digestive problems. It is a natural diuretic and helps the kidneys to remove toxins and excess salt and fluids from the body. It is also rich in calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium and manganese to treat fluid retention. Note that some people are allergic to dandelion and can cause gastric problems or interact negatively with lithium, diabetes medications or over-the-counter diuretics. Consult your doctor before using this resource.
- Boil water and pour it into a cup.
- Add 1 teaspoon fresh or dried leaves of dandelion.
- Cover and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and drink.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day to treat water retention.
8. Fennel tea
Fennel is an herb spicy aroma contains anethole, a compound with many medicinal properties. It is a diuretic, and some studies suggest that reduced systolic blood pressure, in turn helping the body to release excess water and sodium through the kidneys thus prevents the development of toxins in the body. It also aids in digestion and relieves gas.
- Pour boiling water over 1 teaspoon fennel seeds.
- cover it and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and drink.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day to get rid of the problem.
- Note: you drink along with seeds, but chewing fennel seeds. Chewing these seeds improves digestion and eliminates better retention process.
9. The corn silk tea
Corn silk, filiform Filaments growing at the end of a stalk of corn, is rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, polyphenols and vitamin K. it is very good for treating kidney disorders and urinary tract infections, and uric acid and water retention is reduced. As a natural diuretic, which removes toxins and waste. In addition to treating edema, which also helps with gout and arthritis. Consult a doctor before using as it can negatively interact with anticoagulants.
- Add ¼ cup fresh corn silk or silk 2 teaspoons dry corn to boiling water.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and drink.
- Repeat twice a day.
Drinking water may seem counterintuitive, but it is important to understand that the body often retains water, as it is dehydrated. Proper hydration stimulates the body to release excess water instead of storing it for later use. Water also helps the liver to convert fat into energy. If you do not drink enough water, the kidneys can not rinse body waste. Now help is needed liver that makes the liver overworked. Liver can not perform its vital function, and can not eliminate toxins and other wastes. Instead, they accumulate within the body and cause swelling and inflammation.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water a day.
- Keep a large bowl of water with you at all times so you can drink whenever thirsty.
- If you are properly hydrated, you will urinate frequently and your urine is clear, not yellow. If it is yellow drink more water.
- Drink water when you feel dizzy, weak, cramps, dry mouth and headache are signs of dehydration.
- Talk to your doctor if you have liver problems and kidney failure as more water intake will cause chronic liver and kidney problems.
11. coriander seeds
coriander seeds are natural diuretics. They contain potassium, vitamin A, C and K, folic acid, iron, riboflavin, thiamin, calcium, magnesium, niacin, vitamin B6, phosphorus and zinc.
- Pour a glass of water in a saucepan and add 3 tablespoons coriander seeds.
- Boil until half the water evaporates.
- Remove from heat, let cool and drink.
- Drink twice a day to get complete relief.
12. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a diuretic and helps clear excess fluid and other toxins from the body, and helps kidney function correctly.
- Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of honey to a cup of warm water.
- Stir well and drink.
- Repeat once a day for a week or two weeks to get rid of water retention.
- Note: you can drink by mixing the juice of parsley and lemon juice to treat water retention
blueberry is a natural diuretic. It is loaded with calcium, potassium and magnesium, and helps balance the levels of body fluids and prevents water retention.
- drink a cup of pure, unsweetened cranberry juice every day.
- Drink this until the complete cure of water or fluid retention is obtained.
- or take cranberry supplements.
14. Reduce salt intake
is one of the causes of water retention. Intake high amount of salt leads to sodium retention and results in water retention. This further extends the extra cellular volume in the body. When excessive amounts of salt consumed, the body tries to dilute by holding water around cells and provides more water to the bloodstream. Excess liquid sodium and lead not only to water retention, but more serious problems such as osteoporosis, heart disease and stroke.
Follow these tips to avoid salt
- Cook at home instead of eating out.
- Do not keep the salt shaker on the table during meals.
- Avoid canned foods or vegetables, sauces, soups, etc., which use more salt as a preservative to make it tasty.
- avoid processed foods like potato chips, salted peanuts, etc., and junk food.
- If you’re female, avoid salt before menstruation, as it leads to changes in hormones and results in fluid retention in the body.
- ideal salt consumption is about 2300mg per day. If you suffer from heart disease or high blood pressure, reduce the intake of 1500 mg per day.
The retention when blood protein occurs, albumin is too low. Yogurt is an excellent source of protein, which keeps the salt and water inside blood vessels, preventing it from leaking into the tissues and causes swelling.
Eat one or two cups Greek yogurt every day to get protein and potassium that your body needs. If you suffer from kidney problems or are on dialysis after taking low-protein diet and consult your doctor before starting a diet high in protein.
aromatherapy stimulates the lymphatic system and stimulates the drainage of fluid. Regular application of this will help prevent water retention and cures many alignments of stress and health.
- Add 20 drops each of cypress, juniper, geranium and essential oils to the bath tub.
- Stir well and get in and soak for 10-15 minutes.
- dry with a soft towel.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week.
17. apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar reduces filled with potassium and sodium levels. It also balances the pH level of the body and prevents fluid retention.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water and drink.
- Do this twice a day.
- Gradually work up to 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar per cup.
Process 2: For water retention in the legs
- Fill a small tub with vinegar apple cider equal amounts and water.
- Soak your feet for 10-15 minutes.
- also reduces foot odor.
Ice packs 18.
Ice packs reduce swelling. Those who suffer from diabetes or poor circulation should not use this method when directed by your doctor.
- Fill a Ziploc bag with ice cubes.
- wrap it in a towel.
- Apply in inflamed areas and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- If the feet are swollen, soaked in ice water for 5-10 minutes.
- Follow this regularly to get rid of the problem
- . Note: You can also make a bag of frozen vegetables
Onions cleanse and detoxify the body and blood. It also prevents the formation of kidney stones. Although it has many medicinal benefits If you overeat will make this bad breath.
- Add chopped onion in 4 cups of water.
- Boil for a few minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Let cool for a few minutes and strain into another container
- drink a cup of juice to cure water retention.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
-Coltsfoot Comfrey poultice 20.
This method is ideal for pregnant women suffering from swollen feet.
- 2 ½ teaspoons of comfrey
- 2 ½ teaspoons of coltsfoot
- 5 cups water
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Now add comfrey and coltsfoot and boil for 5 minutes.
- turn off the heat and let cool 10-15 minutes, then strain.
- soak a clean cloth in water and place it on the part of the bloated body.
- Do this 3 times a day to get complete relief from swelling.
nettle is a natural diuretic. For best results, drink nettle tea daily.
- Boil 1 cup water and add 1 teaspoon of nettle root.
- let stand 10-15 minutes, then drink.
- Drink this 3 times a day for quick results
22. The Epsom salt
called Epsom salt excess fluids and toxins out of the body. Relieves muscle pain and calms the nerves.
- Fill the bathtub with warm water and add 2 cups of Epsom salt.
- Stir well and soak in the tub for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat three times a week.
Tips to prevent water retention
- Sugar increases insulin levels in the body which lowers the body’s ability to eliminate salt or sodium. Avoid sugar to get rid of retention.
- Drink rosemary, hawthorn, meadowsweet or tea 3 times a day.
- Get regular exercise prevents water stored in unnecessary parts of the body.
- Running, cycling, aerobics help move the blood and excess fluid from the ankle.
- Eat 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large prevent other health problems meals, including water retention.
- Keep hydrated, but avoid alcohol, caffeine and carbonated drinks.
- Avoid tight clothing which increases swelling and makes you feel discomfort
- prop your feet every time relaxing on the couch. gravity and fluid drains swollen limbs move.
- increase the intake of vitamin A, B1, B5, B6, C, and D which helps reduce water retention.
- Try to avoid sitting for long periods of time. In the office, get up and walk or stretch regularly.
- Certain medications such as birth control pills and steroids can cause water retention. Talk to your doctor about switching to other birth control pills if yours causes water retention.
- Rosemary is an effective way to treat retention grass. Take 3 grams of dried herb and let stand in a cup of boiling water for about 10 to 15 minutes. Strain and drink to get relief from this problem. For more effective and faster results, they have this 3 cups a day on daily basis.
- you can also use meadowsweet by preparing your infusion and drink. 3 to 4 cups daily until completely prevents this retention
- Always use hawthorn improves vascular tone. You can take this by infusing the herb for 20 minutes in hot water and drink this filtering water three times a day on a regular basis.
- Small changes in your diet and lifestyle, at least until the issue is clarified get.
- consult your doctor immediately if swelling lasts more than a week or if you are pregnant or if you have diabetes or any other serious illness to health as this may be a sign of any health problems.
Remember that although these remedies are natural and safe, the results can vary from one person to another.
Have you tried any of these home remedies for water retention? Are you from the others we have not mentioned know? Share your experience with us!