Canker sores, also known as mouth ulcers or canker sores, are caused by poor nutrition, weak immune system, vitamin deficiencies, food allergies, and stress, among other things. They are different from cold sores that occur in within mouth, cheek or throat. Usually yellow-gray with a red border, canker sores cause burning and tingling and sometimes can be accompanied by fever and swollen lymph nodes. Canker sores are not contagious, but are painful and can last up to 10 days without treatment.
There are plenty of commercial oral treatments counter pain, but why pay more for drugs that cause unwanted side effects.
home remedies for cold sores:
You could treat mouth sores safely and quickly using simple home remedies described in this article? Ready to find out what they are? Let’s start!
1. Turmeric and honey
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic to fight the germs that cause cold sores. Honey soothes and heals damaged skin. This process reduces the pain and inflammation caused by canker sores.
- Mix 1 teaspoon honey with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder to make a paste.
- correspond to canker and leave 5 minutes.
- rinse with water.
- Repeat 2 times a day until the pain is gone.
The glycyrrhizin in licorice root has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the affected area. Apply the extract of licorice root directly to your canker sore 2 times a day, drink tea licorice root, and move the process forward.
- Crush 1 teaspoon of licorice root.
- immersion in 2 cups water for 3 hours.
- Use this solution as a mouth wash every day until the ulcers heal.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. germs that cause cold sores and relieve pain, swelling and redness are killed.
- slice open a fresh leaf of aloe vera.
- squeeze the gel.
- apply it to your sore 3 times a day to prevent cancer ulcers.
- can also use aloe vera juice as a mouthwash three to four times a day
Coriander has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antifungal properties. This helps to reduce redness, pain and swelling. Drink juice fresh coriander leaves and continue the process forward.
- Boil 1 cup water.
- Add 1 teaspoon coriander seeds or some fresh coriander leaves.
- reduce heat and cook over low heat 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- Strain the solution and use it as a mouthwash 3 times a day.
5. Tea Bags
The tannic acid in tea is a natural astringent that relieves pain and inflammation. Make a cup of tea and drink it slowly, and move the process forward.
- Cool wet tea bag for 5 minutes.
- apply to their pain, using gentle pressure, and leave for 20 minutes.
- Repeat 3 times a day to get rid of canker sores.
- . Note: You can also apply without refrigerate
6. The tea tree oil
tea tree oil is an antiseptic and antibacterial, so it kills germs that cause cold sores and reduces pain.
- Mix 5-10 drops of tea tree oil in a glass of water.
- also used as a mouthwash three times a day.
sage has calming properties that relieve pain and soothe damaged skin.
- Boil 2 glasses of water.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of sage leaves.
- reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- strain and use as a mouthwash several times a day.
- shall Alternatively salvia powder directly aching several times a day.
8. sodium bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate neutralizes the acid to relieve the pain of a canker sore.
- Mix 1 teaspoon baking soda with enough water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your pain.
- Leave for 5 minutes.
- rinse with water.
- or mixture of sodium bicarbonate and warm water. Use this solution to rinse your mouth frequently.
- Mix equal amounts of sodium bicarbonate hydrogen peroxide, and salt.
- Use as a mouthwash solution 5 times daily.
- Rinse your mouth with aloe vera juice.
- Apply baking soda directly to the pain and leave until dissolved.
- Repeat two times a day.
The sulfur in the onion dulls the pain of a canker sore and helps heal broken skin.
- Slice a raw, organic onion.
- Apply a slice directly to the sore and leave for 3 minutes.
- Allow the juice is absorbed into the skin.
- Repeat 3 times a day.
10. cayenne pepper
Capsaicin in cayenne pepper helps nerves numb to relieve the pain of a canker sore.
- Apply a pinch directly to your pain and let it absorb into the skin.
- will cause irritation at first, but this decrease.
- You can eat candy cayenne pepper for pain relief.
11. The icepack
ice numbs the pain and reduces inflammation.
- Apply an ice cube directly on the sore for 30 seconds, then remove.
- repeated as often as necessary.
- can rinse your mouth with water cooling to relieve pain.
12. The salt water
The salt water accelerates the healing process by drawing excess fluids and toxins from the skin.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of salt in a cup of warm water.
- Use this solution as a rinse, then apply a pinch of salt directly to the sore.
- Repeat this process 3 times a day to cure the canker sore.
13. Milk of Magnesia and Benadryl
Milk of magnesia coats and softens the tissues inside your mouth as Benadryl acts as an anesthetic.
- Mix equal amounts of the two ingredients and apply directly to your pain.
- Be careful not to swallow.
- After 2 minutes, rinse with water and spitting.
14. Slippery elm
elm bark contains mucilage, which forms a similar substance to a thick gel when mixed with water. Coats the mucous membranes of the mouth, relieving pain and inflammation.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of slippery elm powder with enough water to make a paste.
- apply to their pain and leave for 5 minutes.
- rinse with water.
- You can slippery elm lozenges, mouth rinse American elm tea.
15. Powder Alum
powdered alum accelerates the healing process by drawing fluids and toxins pain.
- Apply a pinch directly to pain, leave for a few minutes, then rinse. It was initially burn.
16. Clove oil
Clove oil helps relieve the pain of a canker sore.
- Apply a few drops directly to the sore.
- Leave a few minutes and then rinse with water.
17. Plum juice
prune juice reduces pain, redness and swelling.
- Use 2/1 tablespoon of prune juice to rinse the mouth for 2 minutes a day.
- Or soak a cotton ball in it and hold it against the sore for 5 minutes a day.
18. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide kills bacteria that cause cold sores.
- Mix 3 percent hydrogen peroxide and water in equal amounts.
- use it as a mouth wash, 2 times a day.
- or applying hydrogen peroxide up to their pain, be sure not to swallow.
The alcohol in Listerine helps kill bacteria that cause cold sores.
- Rinse with her twice a day to cure mouth ulcers and prevent the formation of new ones.
20. The grapefruit seed extract
grapefruit seed extract contains bioflavonoids powerful and has antibacterial properties. It helps your immune system to prevent infection and kills germs that cause cold sores.
- Mix 1 teaspoon grapefruit seed extract in a glass of water.
- Used as a mouthwash three times a day.
Goldenseal helps the immune system to prevent infection while the healing process is accelerated.
- Pour a few drops of tincture of goldenseal on a cotton ball.
- apply it directly on the boil and leave for 25 minutes.
- rinse with water.
- Repeat two times a day.
Other tips to treat and prevent canker sores
- Use toothpaste that does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), a foaming agent that can contribute to the recurrence of cold sores.
- Consuming probiotics to ensure that your body has enough good bacteria.
- Avoid sour, salty, spicy foods and other foods like chocolates, nuts, potato chips, pretzels, certain spices, nuts, seafood, tomatoes, lemon, citrus, etc., which causes irritation.
- Consume vitamins C, B, B12, B-6, B-complex, zinc and folate (folic acid).
- Be careful not to irritate a canker sore while brushing your teeth.
- avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Get regular exercise, yoga and meditation to reduce stress.
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day.
- Do not chew gum while suffering from a canker sore.
- Cut open a vitamin E capsule and apply the oil directly to your pain to get rid of pain.
- Eat fresh papaya and papaya supplements.
- Apply lemon balm for pain to relieve pain.
- Try over the counter medications and antiseptic creams, pills for immediate pain relief.
Have you tried any of these home remedies for canker sores? Tell us what worked best for you!