Sesame seeds may be small, but they have enormous health benefits. They were worth their weight in gold during the Middle Ages, and for many good reasons.
The more I learn about this precious seed, the more I want to share with others. I’m an avid devourer of all kinds of seeds, sesame seeds, but as tahini and oil are favorites of mine.
20 Health Benefits of sesame seeds
1. Full of good protein
sesame seeds are full of high quality protein that constitute 20 percent of the seed with 4.7 grams of protein per ounce.
2. Helps prevent Diabetes Sesame seeds contain magnesium and other nutrients. Sesame oil has been shown to prevent diabetes, and can also improve plasma glucose hypersensitive diabetics.
3. Reduce the same study of blood above PressureThe reveals how sesame oil reduces blood pressure in diabetics. Sesame seeds are full of magnesium – a key nutrient known to help lower blood pressure
4. Reduce CholesterolSesame helps lower cholesterol levels because it contains phytosterols that block the production of cholesterol. Black sesame seeds are especially rich in phytosterols.
5. Good for digestion
The high fiber content of sesame seeds helps with removing the intestines.
6. skinthe high zinc content helps produce healthy collagen, giving the skin more elasticity and help repair damaged body tissues. Regular use of sesame oil can reduce skin cancer. More information about the benefits of sesame skin.
7. Increase heart health
sesame seed oil can help heart health by preventing atherosclerotic lesions with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound known as sesamol.
Sesame is good for the skin both topically and internally.
8. Prevents CancerSesame seeds contain anticancer compounds, including phytic acid, magnesium and phytosterols. Sesame seeds have the highest phytosterol content of all seeds and nuts.
9. Helps Decrease seeds contain the AnxietySesame to relieve stress mineral magnesium and calcium. Sesame also contains soothing and tryptophan thiamine vitamins that help produce serotonin, which reduces pain, helps moods and helps you sleep deeply.
10. Relieves anemia
sesame seeds Black are particularly rich in iron, so they are highly recommended for people with anemia and weakness.
11. Protects against radiation damage to DNASesamol in sesame seeds and sesame oil, it has been shown to protect against DNA damage caused by radiation.
12. Relieves ArthritisThe high copper content in sesame seeds prevents and relieves arthritis, and strengthens bones, joints and blood vessels.
13. It protects the liver from AlcoholSesame helps protect impact of alcohol on the liver, which helps maintain healthy liver function.
Depending on what flour is used, the seed filling sesame could be healthier part of this roll.
14. Prevents WrinklesSesame seed oil prevents the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays from damaging your skin, avoiding the appearance of wrinkles and pigmentation.
15. Promotes bone health and prevents OsteoporosisA handful of sesame seeds contains more calcium than a glass of milk. Also the high zinc content sesame increases bone mineral density.
16. Helping your baby’s health
A sesame oil Massage improves growth and improves sleep. Rashes of a baby – especially when the diaper is – .. It can be protected with sesame seed oil by rubbing As an added benefit, sesame also helps dry skin reverse
17. Good for eye health: in traditional Chinese medicine there is a relationship between the liver and eyes. The liver sends blood to the eyes to support the operation. Black sesame seeds are best for this.
pulling with sesame oil is an ancient technique to improve the teeth and gums.
18. Good oral health: traction oil has been used for oral health for thousands of years in Ayurveda to reduce dental plaque, whiten teeth and improve overall health. Learn to do oil pulling.
19. Good for respiratory health :. Magnesium in sesame seeds helps prevent respiratory disorders by preventing airway spasms and asthma
20. Benefits Hair: oil sesame seed is full of nutrients that are necessary for a healthy scalp and hair. See how to use sesame oil in your hair here.
Sesame seeds deserve to be highly honored as an affordable food that deeply nourishes the body on many levels. With many health benefits of sesame consider it a PowerFood with Green Tea , lemons, garlic, honey and turmeric.
creamy sauce Tahini