Athlete’s foot, also known as tinea pedis or tinea pedis, it is a common fungal infection caused by Trichophyton fungus, which results in redness, itching, cracking, peeling, dry skin, nail discoloration, peeling and flaking and a burning sensation on the soles and between fingers. It can also affect the scalp that leads to hair loss, scaly patches and jock itch.
Excessive sweating, the immune system is weakened minor injuries nails or skin, wearing closed shoes and keep your feet wet, increases the risk of athlete’s foot. It can spread through direct contact with contaminated surfaces or part of the body elsewhere.
usually affects men who regularly use heavy and tight shoes, ideal for the fungus to live and grow condition.
home remedies for athlete’s foot
The following home remedies can help relieve and cure athlete’s foot and also prevent it in the future.
1. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate helps kill bacteria with anti-fungal properties. It prevents moisture in the feet and also neutralizes the pH of the skin to control the activities of fungi.
Method – 1: (sodium bicarbonate)
- Sprinkle baking soda in your shoes immediately after use to absorb moisture.
- Or rub the baking soda on your feet.
- Then wear socks and shoes to keep feet dry.
- Repeat this regularly.
Method – 2: (baking soda with cold water)
- Wash and dry your feet.
- Mix 3 parts baking soda with 1 part cold water to make a thick paste.
- correspond to your feet in circular motions, covering all feet (between the toes).
- let it dry for a few minutes.
- Running feet with cold water and dry.
Cornstarch is a great remedy to treat athlete’s foot as it absorbs moisture.
- rub a small amount of cornstarch feet.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 cup of cornstarch in a bowl and put in the preheated oven.
- Bake for a few minutes or until it turns to brown.
- is also possible to use a stove to heat.
- cornstarch rub on your feet and fingers and leave for 5 -. 10 minutes
- brush with a clean towel.
- Be sure to wash your hands afterwards.
- Properly feet dry and repeat the process regularly.
3. PVPI – Soak
povidone – iodine (PVP-I) or Betadine (a popular brand) is a chemical complex that is used to treat and prevent infection in wounds. Athlete’s Foot effectively This is because it kills the fungus that causes it.
- fill a container with a liter of warm water and add 2 plugs PVPI.
- Mix well.
- soak your feet in water for 20 minutes each.
- dry completely.
- repeat this soak twice a day for a few days.
4. Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide effectively kills bacteria and fungi that cause athlete’s foot. It also helps with any fungus that can be gripped around or under the nail. However, it can sometimes a bit string.
- Add 1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide to a gallon of clean, warm water.
- Stir well and soak your feet for 20 -. 30 minutes before drying
- Repeat twice daily.
- Make sure that you should use only 3% hydrogen peroxide to prevent skin damage.
Lemon juice rinse will help minimize any odor or unpleasant smell your feet can emit as a result of athlete’s foot.
- Add 1/2 cup lemon juice to 10 cups of warm water.
- Stir well and soak your feet for at least 10 -. 15 minutes
- Regulate the process once or twice a day to get rid of athlete’s foot.
Ajoene Garlic contains a natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent that helps treat athlete’s foot effectively.
- crush a clove of garlic finely.
- Add. 2 – 3 drops of olive oil and mix to a paste
- Apply this paste on the affected areas.
- Leave for about 30 minutes and then wash with soap and water antifungal
- Dry your feet.
- Repeat daily for a few weeks to prevent infection.
- also it helps consume garlic and rub the juice on the affected area.
Vinegar has acidic properties that help kill fungus and low alkaline level in the skin is to stop infection spreads rapidly. Also it called additional moisture from the feet to accelerate the healing process.
Method – 1: (vinegar with warm water)
- Mix one cup of vinegar in 2 liters of water.
- soak your feet in this solution for 15 -. 30 minutes
- Dry your feet.
- repeat the same process once a day at night.
Method – 2: (vinegar with water)
- Mix 1 cup vinegar and water.
- dip a cotton ball.
- wash the feet with antiseptic soap and apply the ball on the affected area.
- left for 20 minutes before wiping with a damp cloth and pat dry.
- Be sure to wear socks or slippers for a while after.
Method – 3: (vinegar apple cider with ethyl alcohol)
- Mix equal parts of vinegar and apple cider spirit ethyl.
- Dab the affected area with a cotton ball.
- Let dry completely (there may be an itching sensation).
- Immediately flush properly and regularly repeat.
Yogurt contains acidophilus bacteria live and active fighting the fungus that causes athlete’s foot.
- Apply a small amount of natural yogurt in the affected feet.
- let it dry for a few minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water and dry the area.
- Follow this process twice a day for a few weeks.
- Eating plain yogurt twice a day also helps to cure the problem.
9. Olive Leaf
Olive leaf has antifungal and antimicrobial properties that help eliminate the fungi that cause athlete’s foot.
- grind a few leaves of fresh olives to make a paste.
- Apply to the affected area with a cotton ball.
- wrap the area with tape and leave it for about 30 minutes.
- wash with warm water and then dry.
- Repeat once or twice a day.
- olive leaf extract also works well.
Onions have anti-fungal, antibiotic andante-inflammatory properties that help treat athlete’s foot. It spreads to other parts or other stops.
- Grind 2 onions into a paste.
- strain the juice using colander and wash the affected foot with an antifungal soap.
- Apply the onion juice and leave for half an hour.
- wash the area with warm water
- Dry the area and apply sodium bicarbonate or talcum powder to keep feet dry.
- Continue once a day for a month to get rid of the problem ..
The salt helps kill fungus that causes skin infection.
- Do not follow this process if you have open sores or wounds on the feet.
- Add 6 tablespoons of salt to a quart of warm water in a tub.
- Stir well and soak your feet for 10 -. 15 minutes
- Dry feet thoroughly and apply with sodium bicarbonate.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times a day until no improvement is noticed
The tannic acid. tea has natural astringent property that helps eliminate fungi and their activities. It also has a calming effect and helps dry the foot.
- Steep 6 tea bags (preferably black) in a quart of warm water for at least 5 minutes.
- Let the water cool slightly, then soak your feet for 30 -. 40 minutes
- Repeat twice a day for at least 4 – 5 weeks
13. Himalaya crystal salt and apple cider vinegar
apple cider vinegar creates an acidic environment where the fungus can not live, while the Himalayan crystal salt has anti-fungal properties.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Himalayan crystal salt with 1/2 cup cider vinegar raw apple, organic in hot water.
- soak your feet in this solution for 10 – 15 Barrio
- Dry your feet well.
- repeated several times a day.
14. Sesame oil and coconut oil
Both coconut and sesame oils contain natural and powerful anti-fungal properties.
- Mix equal amounts of organic coconut oil and sesame oil.
- Apply on the feet with a cotton ball.
- Repeat twice a day for quick results.
15. The tea tree oil
tea tree oil has anti-fungal properties, antiseptic properties that help kill fungus and prevent the propagation.
Method – 1: (oil tea tree with olive oil)
- Mix equal amounts of oil and tea tree pure olive oil .
- Apply this on the affected part of the feet.
- rub gently for a few minutes until absorbed.
- follow this process for several weeks to cure athlete’s foot and its recurrence.
Method – 2: (oil tea tree with Aloe Vera)
- Mix 3 parts oil and tea tree gel aloe vera part.
- Mix well and rub it on the affected feet twice a day.
- Follow for 4 – 6 Weeks
16. Neem oil
Neem oil contains powerful antifungal properties, antibacterial and antiseptic properties that help treat athlete’s foot very effectively.
- affected Wash feet with antiseptic soap and dry thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of organic neem oil on the feet affected with a cotton ball before going to bed.
- Repeat the application regularly.
- Note :. For effective results, apply oil before going to bed
Ginger contains anti-fungal properties that effectively kills fungus that causes athlete’s foot.
- Picar an ounce of fresh organic ginger finely.
- Add to one cup of boiling water and stir well.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes and then let it cool.
- Apply this directly on the feet.
- Repeat. 2 – 3 times a day
Cinnamon has antifungal and antiperspirant properties that help slow the fungus is activated and also prevent if taken regularly.
- Break. 7 – 10 pieces of cinnamon sticks
- Add to 4 cups of boiling water.
- simmering this solution for 5 minutes and let stand for another 45 minutes
- soak your feet for about 20 -. 30 minutes, then dry completely
- repeat this newspaper.
19. Lavender oil
Lavender oil contains anti-fungal properties that helps kill fungus.
- Mix 3 drops of lavender oil with a teaspoon of carrier oil such as olive oil or vegetable oil, etc.
- correspond to the infected area and massage for a few minutes.
- Repeat regularly.
- Peppermint oil can be used in place of lavender oil.
20. The ozonated olive oil Paste
ozonated olive oil helps clean fungi and prevent future outbreaks.
- Apply the paste directly on the affected foot with a cotton ball part.
- Repeat twice a day, morning and evening.
- The results are expected in 3-5 days.
Tips for reducing athlete’s foot
Athlete’s foot is an irritating, painful problem but these simple tips helps keep feet dry and healthy.
- Always wash your hands with soap and water after contact with the infected area to prevent the spread of athlete’s foot area. Also wash your feet twice a day.
- wash the bathtub after taking bath with antiseptic disinfectant cleaner, and use a separate bath soap to prevent infection to others.
- Use your own towel to prevent the spread to others.
- Avoid using the same pair of socks more than once without washing them. Wash with hot water extra socks because it kills fungi spores.
- Remember to wear thongs or shower shoes in public showers to avoid exposure to fungi.
- dry your feet completely after getting wet.
- Use over the counter medications to eliminate the infection quickly.
- immune boosting Eat foods such as broccoli, scallions, acids omega-3 fatty foods, red meat, etc.
- barefoot or wearing open sandals or -. Toed shoes avoid damp environments
- continue using treatments for a time even after the fungus has cleared to completely clear the infection.
- Mix 2 caps Betadine in a quart of warm water and soak your feet in this solution for 20 minutes at least once a day. Then dry your feet completely to apply the antifungal drug.
- Stop using harsh solvents and chemicals such as bleach, alcohol, floor cleaners, etc., as home remedies to treat athlete’s foot.
- Always treat your shoes with Lysol spray, spray anti-fungal powder or whenever the shoes off and dried in the sun.
- Never wear shoes that are made of plastic, rubber or waterproof shoes. If you have to wear closed-toe, then always use natural, breathable material such as leather.
- Try wearing socks made of natural fibers such as cotton or wool.
Severe or Stubborn cases of athlete’s foot may require care and medical treatment. Be sure to spend some recourse if it causes an allergic reaction.
Share your experience with us after trying any of these remedies!