Yeast infection, also known as Candida, is caused by microscopic fungi called Candida albicans, which exists naturally in the body, causing infection only when the immune system is impaired. Candida most often affects the vaginal area, especially in post-menopausal women whose estrogen levels have declined, but it is not the same as bacterial vaginosis.
Infection can also occur around dentures, under the breasts, in the lower abdomen, in the bed of nails, and beneath skin folds. Most people, men and women suffer from some type of yeast infection at least once, and that is about to learn to heal yourself using natural home remedies inexpensive.
The symptoms of yeast infection
If symptoms are severe, consult a doctor.
- The vaginal pain and pain
- Redness and swelling of the vulva
- burning sensation during intercourse or urination
- itching and irritation vaginal
- thick, white vaginal discharge without odor, with a consistency of cottage cheese
home remedies for yeast infection:
All these home remedies are safe for everyone, including pregnant women. Try each to find out how your body will react before using it continuously.
blueberries, which are also used to treat infections of the urinary tract and bladder, are antibacterial and anti-fungal. They kill bacteria and fungi that cause fungal infections. Consuming unsweetened cranberry juice or take cranberry tablets (2 to 3 times a day) several times a day helps yeast infections fast curing.
Garlic has antifungal, antibacterial and antibiotic properties that help cure yeast infections. The easiest way to use it is to cook in your meals. You can also insert half a clove of garlic directly into the vagina and leave it overnight. For topical treatment, treating garlic paste or a mixture of garlic oil, vitamin E and coconut oil. You can also swallow garlic tablets or insert directly into the vagina.
3. The tea tree oil
tea tree oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties. Mix a tablespoon in a cup of warm water and use it as a shower once or twice a day. If it causes irritation, stop using it. Alternatively, the tea tree oil with water or a teaspoon of olive oil or almond oil is diluted and rub it on the affected area. Also try soaking a tampon with dilute tree oil, tea insert, and leaving it for 2-3 hours twice a day. If you are pregnant, consult a doctor before using this resource.
4. Coconut oil
Apply coconut oil or a mixture of equal parts coconut oil and cinnamon oil directly to the affected area. Read more about how coconut oil treats fungal infections .
5. The apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar balances the pH of the vagina, preventing yeast infection. Add two cups of apple cider vinegar to a warm bath and soak for 15 minutes. But be sure to dry thoroughly afterwards. You will see results after two or three water baths. Read more about how about apple cider vinegar fungal infections .
- basil : Boil 3 ½ cups water, remove from heat, add 1 teaspoon basil ¼ ground, cover, and let stand for 30 minutes. Once cooled to room temperature, gargle.
- Tomillo : Add 1 teaspoon dried thyme 1 cup of boiling water, steep a few minutes, and drink. Repeat 4 times a day.
- Romero :. Make rosemary tea and use as a shower or apply directly to the affected area
Probiotics are good bacteria that help suppress the growth of yeast. While taking antibiotics or counter drugs can cure your yeast infection, they can also kill friendly bacteria that your immune system needs to stay healthy and prevent future infections. Be sure to eat plenty of foods containing probiotics.
yogurt contains bacteria called Lactobacillus acidophilus, which helps control the growth of yeast and prevent future infections. It also helps relieve itching and irritation. Apply plain yogurt, unsweetened the affected and left for an hour zone. You can also dip a tampon in yogurt, inserting, and leave for two hours twice a day. Also, add yogurt to your regular diet.
Water is the most powerful for each type of ailment resource. Drink at least 8 to 10 ounces of water a day to remove pure sugar feeds yeast infections.
10. Oregano oil
oregano contains carvacrol anti components and has anti-fungal and yeast that strengthen your immune system and fight the organisms that cause yeast infections. Dilute oregano oil with olive oil and apply to the affected area, or take capsules 1-2 times a day oregano area.
11. Olive Leaf
olive leaf extract contains antiviral, antioxidant, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps to restore the good bacteria in the body. To do this, follow these steps:
- Chop 2-3 leaves of fresh olives and put them in a jar with a lid.
- Add the vodka until all the leaves are fully covered.
- Put the lid and store in a dark place for 4 weeks.
- strain of the solution in another vial.
- Apply directly to the affected area 3 times a day.
calendula has antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties which inhibit yeast growth. Grind a couple of fresh leaves to make a paste. Apply directly to the affected skin 2-3 times a day. Calendula is also available in capsule and tincture. If you are pregnant, consult a doctor before using it.
13. Gentian Violet
Gentian violet can be found in most pharmacies. Use a cotton swab to coat the vaginal walls with it. Repeat this process until the infection is gone, but be careful, because stain clothes.
14. Healthy diet
A healthy diet can also prevent yeast infections. Avoid dairy products, sugar, white flour, vinegar, alcohol and fermented foods. Make sure you get the vitamins and supplements that boost the immune system, such as grapefruit extract, golden-seal, vitamin C, zinc and beta carotene.
15. Pau d’Arco
This South American herb is available in liquid form or in tincture form can be taken orally or applied topically. Take a quarter teaspoon per day internally, more if applied topically. Take at the first sign of symptoms to prevent a yeast infection in the making.
16. Borax 6X
6X borax prevents the yeast to grow out of control. It comes in the form of vaginal capsules or pellets are placed under the tongue. You can also dilute boric acid with water, apply it to the affected area and leave for a few minutes area. Rinse with running water. You can also fill gelatin capsules size O with boric acid and use as suppositories once a day for a week. If you are pregnant, do not use this method.
17. Use dry, loose clothing
fungus grows in warm, moist conditions, so keep your vaginal area dry and wear cotton underwear and loose pants. Remove wet bathing suit as soon as possible after swimming.
18. Good hygiene
Good hygiene plays an important role in healing and prevention of fungal infections.
- Ensure regularly washed away excretions resulting from fungal infections in order to prevent further irritation. This will prevent the infection from getting worse while you are waiting for medication to work.
- Yeast infections can be transferred to your partner during sex, or through shared bathrooms or towels.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, especially after using the toilet and before eating, and using hand sanitizers.
- wash clothes with hot water to kill bacteria that can cause infections. You can also add a cup of white vinegar during the rinse cycle.
19. elm powder and Aloe Vera
Add water to slippery elm powder to make a paste, or soak a cotton ball in aloe juice , and applied directly to the affected areas. These methods relieve itching, but do not kill bacteria.
20. Over the counter Solutions
If the above methods do not cure yeast infection, or if your infection returns, consult a doctor about prescription medications .
These can relieve infections faster fungi, but it is important to ensure that you are aware of possible side effects. Try creams such as miconazole (Monistat) and clotrimazole (Gyne-Lotrimin), or oral treatments such as Diflucan and fluconazole, and be sure to complete the full course of treatment.
Tips to prevent yeast infection
When used together with the above home remedies, the simple tips below are very effective in preventing infections mushrooms.
- avoid alcohol and soaps containing chemicals that can cause irritation or alter the pH balance of the vagina.
- routine douching increases the risk of yeast infection.
- Use condoms during sex to prevent transmission of a yeast infection.
- Many studies have shown that oral contraceptives increase the glycogen in the vagina, which promotes rapid growth of yeast. Ask your doctor about alternative contraceptive methods.
- People with compromised immune systems, uncontrolled diabetes, or increased estrogen levels are at increased risk of developing fungal infections. Sex with an individual infected and frequent use of antibiotics can also cause yeast infections.
- Avoid hot baths, extreme heat, feminine sprays, deodorant tampons, and bubble bath solutions with chemicals.
- Check your pH levels with a test on the counter. A lower vaginal pH 4 could indicate a yeast infection.
- Do not use baking soda to relieve itching. the pH, creating an environment that promotes the growth of yeast rises.
- avoid or reduce stress with meditation, yoga and other techniques.
Have you tried any of these home remedies to cure yeast infections? Do you know of any other know we have not mentioned? Share your experience with us!