Sunburn it is generally caused due to overexposure of the body to ultraviolet rays of the sun and this further leads to many skin problems. This sunburn not only leads to inflammation of the skin with pain and itching, but also damages the skin and healthy longer by forming freckles, scars, dry skin, wrinkles, skin cancer, etc. if not treated in time. So to make no more serious this problem, we must try the delicate skin tanned by the hot sun quickly painful and not prevent you get this sunburn and again.
Sunburn occurs mainly in summer season where the sun is very hot at the time and this is the time when the people went out to enjoy a warm climate like picnics, swimming, fishing, blue skies and other outdoor activities with your friends and family. Symptoms may not occur immediately after appearing in red and painful swelling, headache, chills, fatigue, small blisters, itching, skin becomes warm or hot to the touch, etc. If this is not treated in time, then this leads to either peel or skin blisters.
This happened due to UVA and UVB rays that affects the production of melanin and this in turn creates a darker tan color and damage the surface of the skin. But this production of melanin depends on the genetic factor and there are many people who do not produce enough melanin to protect your skin to UV rays cause your skin damage leading to burning, pain, redness and swelling.
Remember to take the proper use of clothing covering hands, arms and legs, using umbrellas, shades, hats, sunscreen, etc., to avoid direct sunlight on the skin. Try these home remedies and tips to have a calming effect on the skin itching and reduce inflammation.
home remedies for sunburn:
Is this sunburn makes you worry all the time? If so means, stop worrying about it and begin to follow these natural home remedies for sunburn that gives you complete relief from sunburn, its symptoms and discomfort naturally safe and cost effectively.
1. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is filled with 99% water and remaining 1% consists of about 150 minerals and elements such as calcium, vitamins, magnesium, zinc, sodium, copper, manganese, potassium, iron, tannins, selenium, germanium and trace amino acids. By using this water and mineral-rich solution, it can not cure sunburn? Yes, you can easily cure skin burn due to its certain minerals such as selenium and tannins (astringent), which helps heal sunburn. Both of these minerals are used as a main ingredient in sunburn lotions and creams commercially available. Aloe gel has anti-inflammatory and soothing effect on the skin that gives a cooling sensation when applied to the skin. For more effective results on sunburn, you have to apply the aloe vera gel has been taken directly from the leaves.
- Take a sheet of aloe vera and cut edges using a knife.
- Next, cut a piece of aloe vera and open
- Now it remove the gel and this gel in the area of skin sunburn.
- I leave it to the aloe vera gel is quickly absorbed into the skin and softens the area to get relief from sunburn.
- But after the gel to dry completely, then start to feel sticky, then wash the area aloe gel is applied with cold water.
- repeat the same gel application for several times a day until complete relief of sunburn is obtained.
Potatoes contain many properties that help soothe the pain and relieve you from sunburn. Starchy component that has completely freed from the feeling of itchy skin that was caused by sunburn. It has analgesic properties that works well by reducing inflammation, skin irritation, softens scratches, treat burns (sunburn). Follow these ways to use potatoes in curing sunburn.
Method – 1:
- Take a potato and cut into slices.
- then takes a potato slice and rub gently over the area sunburned skin.
- I leave it for a few minutes and then wash with water.
- Dry skin and repeat the same daily process to protect burn completely.
Method – 2:
- Potatoes – 2
- Take the potatoes and cut into pieces using a knife.
- Then place them in a blender and grind to make pasta.
- If the use of a small amount of water while it is necessary that this potato dough.
- Apply this paste on the affected area and let it dry naturally.
- finally wash with water and repeat this to erase sunburn and irritation caused by it.
Method – 3:
- Take a potato and cut into pieces.
- place these pieces in a blender or grinder and grind to make pasta.
- Put this paste on the cloth clean and close.
- Apply this fabric as a cold compress on the affected area sunburn.
- let it sit for a few minutes until dry naturally.
- keep doing this process regularly to prevent sunburn and its effects on the skin.
Method – 4:
- grater or lime
- Take a potato and grate or grind to be as pasta.
- Then place the grated potato paste or ground in gauze.
- Now put this dressing over the area sunburned skin and have this with the use of tape around the gauze.
- left for a few hours and then remove the gauze.
- do this process for four to five times a week until he got complete relief from sunburn and their skin irritation
the cucumber is another resource that 96% water and the remaining 4% is made with a rich treasure of the beneficial nutrients that covers most of the alkaline forming minerals like vitamin a and C, folic acid, molybdenum, sulfur, silica, potassium, manganese, etc. This fresh cucumber belongs to the family of melon that is natural, antioxidant and analgesic properties. So all these components and properties makes this cucumber as an excellent remedy for several skin diseases in which sunburn is one of them. This relieves general and cools the skin and also repairs harmful UV rays that damage the skin greatly. Take a look at these methods of using cucumber in treating sunburn.
Method – 1:
- Grinder or blender
- Take a cucumber and cut into slices.
- Then place these pieces of cucumber in a mill or blender.
- are ground to make a thin paste.
- Applying this cucumber paste in the sunburned skin.
- let it sit for about 20 -. 25 minutes and then wash with water
- Here you can also add aloe vera gel or cornstarch to this paste to be thick ..
- repeat the same process regularly to get full relief sunburn and pain or irritation caused by it.
Method – 2:
- Take a cucumber and cut into slices using a knife.
- Place the cucumber slices on the sunburned area.
- let it sit for about 30 -. 45 minutes and then remove the cucumber slices
- If desired you can wash or otherwise you can leave them.
- Re – apply cucumber pieces fresh daily once on the burned skin to treat burn completely
Method – 3:.
- cleaning cloth washing
- Take a cucumber and cut into fine pieces.
- put these parts in blender and milled to extract their juice.
- Then take a clean cloth and soak it in the juice for a minute or two.
- Now place the cloth on burned skin like a cold compress.
- Let stand until the juice has been absorbed by the affected skin area.
- to repeat the application of this cold compress regularly until completely relieves sunburn.
4. Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best and effective remedy for many ailments of health and beauty. Sunburn is one of them. ACV acts as an astringent, shrinking or body tissues constrict to reduce inflammation caused by sunburn. This also balances the pH levels of burned skin which means that balances the acidity and alkalinity of the skin and this in turn helps speed the healing process. The frequency of vinegar apple cider may vary depending on the severity of sunburn as mild sunburn mean you have to apply apple cider vinegar or 2 to 3 times a day or if you suffer from advanced stage of sunburn then there to apply more than the number of strokes on the skin. Here are some methods you need to know about how to apply this stroke in sunburn to get relief from it.
Method – 1:
- Apple cider vinegar
- clean towel
- moisturizer or oil coco
- Take pure apple cider vinegar, raw and unfiltered in a container.
- Then take a clean cloth and dip it in the ACV.
- Now take the cloth and squeeze to remove excess apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this cloth on sunburned skin and leave for a few minutes.
- This process gives quick relief from the burning sensation or burning of the skin.
- After the apple cider vinegar has dried completely, then you have to apply moisturizer or coconut oil to get relief from sunburn.
- repeat the same process regularly for a few days until you get rid of the problem.
Method – 2:
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 cup
- Taking apple cider vinegar and pour it into the bathtub filled with bath water.
- mix well and enjoy yourself in this water for a few minutes.
- Or take bath with this water to get rid of skin burn.
- Having this bath ACV regularly for 3 -. 4 times a week until you can heal sunburn
Method – 3:
- Apple cider vinegar
- spray bottle
- Take equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Stir well and pour into a spray bottle empty.
- Lightly shake and spray this mixture on the skin sunburned multiple times in a day.
- I leave it and continue this process of spraying the mixture of stroke in the affected area sunburn every day until complete relief of the problem is obtained.
Never apply this vinegar on the skin where you have cut or wound as this causes some burning sensation and makes the problem worse.
You can also see if there is any burning sensation when you applied this stroke on the skin directly.
5. Cool compress water:
Water is considered the best and most important resource to give immediate relief from swollen and red skin that appeared due to sunburn. This cold water reduces swelling in the skin pulling the heat of burned skin and thus relieves the pain that was associated with this sunburn. But make sure not to use cold water or chilled for this process, as this will constrict the blood vessels which in turn lead to reduced blood flow and ultimately leads to counterproductive. Here are some ways that helps you treat sunburn.
Method – 1: (Cool Compress)
- Take a large bowl of cold water and then take a wash cloth.
- Soak the cloth in water and drain excess water.
- Apply this fabric directly on the affected skin burn sun area.
- let stand for a few minutes until the fabric dries.
- then remove the fabric and wash it all down again to reapply throughout the skin.
- make this process as many times as possible in a day to get rid of sunburn, your pain and discomfort.
- Or you can also drink plenty of water and other liquids or fluids at frequent intervals will help hydrate your body by excessive sun exposure and sunburn also cures the effectiveness is lost.
Method – 2: (Cold soak in water)
This process is especially useful in the situation where you could not apply the cold compress on the back of the body . So it will be more beneficial if you go for soaking cold water to get rid of sunburn.
- Pour cold water in the tub and enjoy yourself in this water cold bath for about 10 – 15 minutes
- But remember not to use soap and also not spend more time in this tub, as this makes the skin dries out and finally get that causes itching and irritation.
- out of the tub and dry with a clean, soft towel.
- or can also take a cold shower if you are not interested in soaking.
6. Sodium Bicarbonate:
Sodium bicarbonate is an effective cure soothing sunburn remedy. This balances the pH levels or acid – alkaline skin levels which in turn promotes faster healing. With this baking soda, you can make it as cool compress or have bath with this baking soda mixed water. Take a look on how to follow these methods of sodium bicarbonate for treating sunburn. Here you can also use corn starch instead of sodium bicarbonate and get the same results as sodium bicarbonate.
Method – 1:
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – to take bath
- Take baking soda and pour it into the bath water.
- Stir well and soak for about 15 to 20 minutes, but no more than that as it may lead to drier skin and makes it difficult to cure sunburn
- . after taking a bath with this water, allow the skin to dry naturally and does not use any towels or cloth in patent skin drying.
- This process allows the baking soda sit on the skin and follow this process regularly to get rid of the burn completely.
Method – 2:
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Water – 1 bowl
- washcloth clean
- Take a few teaspoons of baking soda and add to a bowl of water.
- mix well and then take a wash cloth and soak it in water sodium bicarbonate.
- Now take the cloth and remove excess liquid from the cloth.
- Place this on the affected area sunburned skin and let it dry naturally and then wash gently and thoroughly.
- repeat the same process for several times a day and keep doing this regularly to cure burn effectively.
Oats have a rich source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties makes this oatmeal, a perfect home remedy in treating burn Solar and irritation and itching caused by it. This contains polysaccharides that help heal skin and coat. But remember to take warm bath or slightly cold which in turn helps seal the pores and allows your body to trap heat. Here are some ways to apply this oatmeal for treating sunburned skin.
Method – 1:
- Oatmeal – 1 cup
- Take oatmeal and place it on the processor
- grind well to be as dust
- Pour this powder to the bath and stir well
- Then soak in this tub a few minutes, but remember that you have to soak the skin sunburned in this water thoroughly to get relief
- Allow to dry naturally and continue making this bath regularly for 3 -. 4 times a day till you get complete relief from sunburn and itching and irritation caused by it
Method – 2:
- uncooked oats – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Honey – 2 to 4 tablespoons
- Taking uncooked oats and place in the grinder
- finely ground into the dust
- then add milk and honey to this powder and stir well to make it like pasta
- Now apply this paste on all sunburned skin.
- let stand for about 20 to 25 minutes and rinse the oatmeal paste applied area with water
- Dry skin regularly and follow this process to get rid of sunburn.
Tea contains tannic acid that helps not only to remove the heat affected skin sunburn, but also balances the pH levels of the skin giving It looks much more comfort irritation caused by it. The tannic acid is one of the forms of tannins, which is a type of polyphenol or strong antioxidant that protects the skin from harmful toxins, UV rays in the environment and also repairs damaged skin and finally it relieves pain . For this you can use any form of black tea such as green tea, mint, etc., but especially green tea contains catechins that helps protect the skin against harmful radiation from the sun and to treat sunburn with its contents tannic acid. Here are ways to use tea sunburn is.
Method – 1:
- Tea – 1 bowl
- clean cloth
- Take a tea bag and BREW enough tea
- allow to cool for a few minutes
- then take a clean cloth and soak it in this tea during a minute or two
- remove the cloth and remove excess tea from it
- Apply this cloth on the affected area sunburn and leave for a few minutes until the fabric dries completely .
- Continue this process of soaking the cloth and apply it on the affected area until you get soothing effect on the skin and continue this for a few days to get complete relief from sunburn area.
Method – 2:
- capture a large cup of tea, which will feed into the water bathes
- Shake well and soak in the water for a few minutes, but focusing more on the affected skin sunburn.
- After bathing in this water then pat your skin
- Having this bath regularly so you can cure the problem of sunburn.
Method – 3: (Mint)
- Mint is a cool and relaxing natural agent that effectively cure sunburn problem. Tannic acid and theobromine in this tea and green tea also help relieve pain and damaged skin when applied topically.
- Fresh mint leaves – 3 cups
- The green tea bags – 5
- Boiling water – 1 quart
- cotton pads or clean dry cloth
- Take a pan and pour water into it
- boil for a few minutes and remove the labels and the strings of teabags
- and place the tea bags and fresh mint leaves in the teapot
- Now pour the boiling water over mint leaves and teabag in the teapot
- cover with the lid and let stand for an hour or two.
- strain this tea with the help of the strainer and let cool for a few minutes
- remove the mixture when it is very cold and apply this directly over the area sunburned skin with the help of either cotton pads or a clean, soft cloth.
- dip the cotton ball in this mixture of fresh tea and DAB throughout the affected skin sunburn
- Or you can pour this mixture of tea in the affected area to get relief from irritation caused by sunburn and also to have a complete relief from sunburn.
- Here you can also replace the black tea instead of green tea, black tea, because it also contains tannins that help a lot in curing the problem of sunburn.
- The regularly monitor this process will give complete relief from sunburn.
Method – 4:
- take some tea bags and wet them finely
- then pat your area sun burnt skin with these tea bags
- let it sit for a few minutes and then dry the skin naturally.
- Regularize this process to avoid sunburn.
9. Witch Hazel:
Witch hazel is an herb in your extract acts as a good astringent that helps to heal a variety of ailments and diseases. This hazelnut is a rich source of tannins and catechins that relieves inflammation caused due to sunburn by reducing swelling, repair damaged skin and removes bacteria.
- cotton or a clean wash cloth
- Take enough witch hazel in a bowl.
- Then take a cotton ball or clean cloth and soak it in this Hazelnut clock.
- Take it out and apply it across the skin area burned by the fund.
- Let it dry naturally and repeat this process several times a day for a few weeks until you can heal sunburn and its effects on the skin.
10. burn homemade cream:
We discussed many ingredients that helps give relief to sunburn also your symptoms. Here I have an idea why not mix some effective ingredients to make a sunburn cream at home. I prepared this and used in the treatment of burn and this cream has shown an incredible relief from sunburn and its effects on the skin in a few days. I hope you also try this at home and the recipe is given below in detail.
- Aloe vera – 1 teaspoon
- witch hazel – 1 tablespoon
- Baking soda – 3-5 teaspoons
- chopped mint – 1/2 cup (O) peppermint oil – 1 teaspoon
- – 2 tablespoons water
- Take aloe vera gel, witch hazel and water in a container
- Mix well and keep aside for about 2 – 3 days
- then add the baking soda and chopped mint leaves to this mixture
- Remember to use the right amount of baking soda to get the right consistency.
- stir this mixture well and store in an airtight container and leave it aside for 24 hours to get the cream completely infusion.
- Place the cream in the refrigerator and use it is always necessary to apply this skin sunburn.
- Regular application will produce better results in curing sunburn and symptoms.
11. Natural yogurt:
Natural yogurt has plenty of probiotics and enzymes that help give relief from sunburn, especially for skin was red the areas most sunburned. But be sure to use only simple (but not any flavor) yogurt has more than probiotics and this helps you recover faster.
- normal live cultured yogurt – 1/2 cup
You May Also Like :