This feeling of tightness, heaviness or pressure in the chest region that commonly known as chest congestion, which occurs when mucus or fluid accumulation in and around the lungs, making you feel uncomfortable and unpleasant. The condition is caused by common cold or heart disease affecting the respiratory system.
Because chest congestion, breathing becomes difficult, because when the air begins to flow through the airways, and congestion obstructs the flow of oxygen to the lungs, leading to the life threatening condition. If not treated properly, it can lead to dangerous health problems such as bronchitis or pneumonia. In severe cases, the mucus clogs the air passage, so it is difficult for the fresh air entering the nose.
The common cold, pneumonia, flu, bronchitis, asthma, gastroesophageal reflux, pulmonary edema, cystic fibrosis, airborne allergies, heart problems, lung cancer, etc., are some of the common causes of this chest congestion. Cough, chest pain, difficulty breathing, wheezing, runny nose, dizziness, blood in phlegm, chest discomfort, while the crackling noise of breath, fever, body aches, etc., are some of the symptoms that occur at the time of chest congestion.
Use DIY home remedies explained below to clear congestion before it gets worse.
Home remedies for chest congestion:
Here are some effective natural home remedies that can treat chest congestion, and you feel comfortable. The good news is that these methods come without side effects.
Onions contain sulfur and quercetin that help break the mucus in the chest and relieve chest congestion.
Method – 1:
- Take 5-6 small, raw onions or shallots
- shallots chew and swallow before going to bed. If you do not like the taste, add a little sugar
- you can also use large onions sauteed or curry to address this problem
- This method is one of the effective home remedies DIY for chest congestion.
Method – 2:
- Take an onion, and ground to a fine paste
- Extract onion juice by pressing the dough
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey onion juice
- pasta stir well, then heat it for a few minutes until warm
- Eat pasta three times a day for full and rapid relief of chest congestion
2. garlic and lime soup:
garlic has anti-inflammatory properties that help clear chest congestion. Lime is a citrus fruit that also helps to get rid of chest congestion.
- Take 3 fresh lemons and squeeze in a cup of hot water
- Stir well and add the cloves of crushed garlic (1-2) the mixture
- Add one teaspoon crushed black pepper and a little salt to the mixture
- stir the mixture well and drink it
Radish contains some compounds that help clear chest congestion induced bronchitis, allergies, cold or flu.
- Take a fresh radish, wash and chop finely
- Use a juicer to extract the juice of radish
- Drink juice of fresh radish regularly to get relief from chest congestion
- can also add a little lemon juice to radish juice and consume every morning to get complete relief from chest congestion
- Another method is to apply oil radish chest and throat to clear mucus because oil radish is also a great expectorant
turmeric is a natural antioxidant and have anti-inflammatory properties that help get rid of a number of health problems, especially respiratory diseases.
Method – 1: (turmeric with honey, milk and Black pepper)
- Take 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and add to a cup of warm milk
- Add 2 tablespoons honey and a pinch of black pepper to the mixture
- stir the mixture well and drink it hot
Method – 2: (turmeric with vinegar apple)
- Take 2 tablespoons each of turmeric powder and vinegar apple cider
- mix both ingredients well and drink the mixture to get rid of chest congestion
gargle breaks the mucus in the airways, helping to clear chest congestion.
- Take 1/2 cup of warm water and add a teaspoon or two of salt and a pinch of turmeric to it
- The mixture is stirred so that the salt is completely dissolved
- Use the mixture to gargle thoroughly for about 2 – 3 min
- repeat this procedure at least 3 to 4 times a day
steam gives out heat and moisture that helps break down and dissolve the mucus deep into the lungs and throat by liquefying them .
Method – 1: (steam)
- Take a large bowl, fill it with hot water and add a few drops of oil of tea tree to him
- Add some mint, rosemary, eucalyptus or any other essential oil or vinegar to make strong liquid
- Put your face over the bowl and place a towel over your head to trap steam
- Keep your face there as long as possible and breathe deeply to get relief from mucus and chest congestion
- can also get hot shower regularly to get relief chest congestion
- Another way is to use hot compress in her throat and chest, which will help relieve congestion
- Another simple trick is to drink hot water regularly, which helps loosen phlegm and mucus in the chest and you feel comfortable.
Method – 2: (steam with essential oils)
- Take a bowl large ceramic boiling water and add 5 drops of eucalyptus oil, 3 drops of oil peppermint and 2 drops of rosemary essential oil to it.
- Gently rotate the container to mix the oils
- Take a towel and falling on his head
- Lean over the bowl and breathe deeply
- maintain head above water vapor as long as possible and repeat the process taking small intervals
- the implementation of this procedure regularly will help to clear mucus from your chest, so you can get rid of congestion chest
7. Apple cider vinegar:
Apple cider against chest congestion. It comes with antibacterial properties, which means that it will kill the bacteria that are responsible for causing the mucus in the chest and throat.
- Take a swig of vinegar and apple cider SWIG Low
- Another method is to add a tablespoon of vinegar apple cider a glass of water and drink
- be careful not to over drink because apple cider vinegar can result in stomach problems
thyme it is a natural herb that improves the health of the lungs, so they can fight bacteria that cause mucus. It acts as a protective shield for the lungs and prevents congestion.
- Add a quarter to half a teaspoon of thyme in a cup of boiling water
- Let it soak for 5 minutes by adding some honey, which can also make it sweet
- Drink this herbal tea to get relief from chest congestion
- you can also use oil thyme diluted for chest congestion, either by mixing oil corn oil or olive oil in the ratio 1: 1
- mix well and rub gently on the chest to get relief from any discomfort
9. Laurel Leaf:
bay leaf is a natural herb that helps treat chest congestion, with its amazing natural properties.
- Take some fresh bay leaves and put them in a cup of boiling water
- Allow to soak for a few minutes and strain the tea
- Drink this tea
- Repeat the procedure every day until he got relief from chest congestion
- Or you can use these pages as a warm compress adding them to boil water
- After the water is boiled, strained and then dip a clean cloth or towel and wring it to remove excess water. Now apply this on your chest to clear mucus
10. Lemon and honey:
lemon contains citric acid that helps cut through the phlegm . Vitamin C in the lemon helps improve the immune system, helping your body to fight the virus or bacteria that causes mucus and coughing. Honey is well known as a cough suppressant, which helps reduce chest congestion and cough. Honey also acts as an antibacterial to reduce infection of the airways.
- Take a teaspoon of lemon juice and freshly squeezed organic honey
- thoroughly mixed together in a glass of hot water and drink this to get relief from chest congestion and cough
- for best results, drink mix 3 to 4 times a day
11. black coffee:
the caffeine in coffee helps clear mucus and releases of breathlessness.
- Drink one to two cups of strong black coffee regularly
- However, be careful not to drink more than 2 cups of coffee or tea a day because they contain ingredients that may cause side effects if you are suffering from asthma problems. Caffeine can also increase blood pressure and heart rate.
12. Honey and Black Pepper:
Both honey and pepper are effective in reducing the thickness of phlegm and also help in easily removing phlegm from the airways and lungs. Honey also helps in reducing infections, thanks to its antiseptic properties.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder and mix well with enough honey to make a fine paste
- Swallow this paste to get quick relief from runny nose and cough
- Repeat the procedure at least 3 to 4 times a day, and soon get relief from problems chest congestion and cough
ginger has anti-inflammatory property that helps to reduce inflammation in the respiratory tract. It also has antibacterial and analgesic properties that help clear chest congestion and cough treatment.
Method: (ginger tea)
- Take a fresh ginger root, peeled and cut into pieces
- Add these pieces to a cup of hot water and allow the mixture to stay for a few minutes
- then strain the tea and drink when hot
- Repeat the process 2 times a day for quick relief chest congestion
- Or can chew small pieces of ginger throughout the day to get rid of congestion
- Or you can take ginger candies that helps relieve cough caused by mucus
- can also take ginger powder with pure honey to get relief from problems like strep throat and chest congestion
licorice acts as a natural expectorant that helps you relieve cough and congestion. It also helps to soothe sore throat and swollen lungs.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of licorice root and add to a cup of hot water
- Let stand for about minutes and then strain the tea
- Drink this tea to get relief from chest congestion
- Repeat this procedure three times a day
- not use this remedy if you have problems blood pressure
15. Decongestant Salve:
save Decongestant is a recipe for homemade DIY that is effective in maintaining chest congestion away.
- Take 1/4 cup coconut oil in a measuring vessel safety heat
- Heat the oil in a microwave or oven until melted completely
- then add a tablespoon of olive oil to the oil melted coconut
- Mix well with a popsicle stick and then add 8 drops of eucalyptus oil, 5 drops of peppermint oil and 3 drops of essential camphor to the mix
- stir well with a trowel, but be sure to use a separate dropper for each oil
- Now pour this mixture of oil in a 6 oz. jar of cosmetics and cover the bowl
- Let the oil mixture to harden in the refrigerator for an hour
- Apply this ointment on the chest and neck whenever you feel discomfort in breathing because mucus and chest congestion
- the best time to apply this recipe is before going to bed
- After use, store it in a cool, dry place and can continue using it for a maximum of six months
16. milk with saffron:
Both milk and saffron contain properties of the introduction of heat in the chest which can help get rid of chest congestion.
- Take a small amount of saffron and add it to a cup of milk
- Mix well and heat until
- then add a teaspoon of honey and a few drops of lemon juice to the mixture
- mix well and drink when hot stirring every few minutes
17. mustard plaster:
mustard plaster helps to cure chest congestion and other respiratory infections such as bronchitis, sinusitis, etc. Try this recipe regularly to remove the mucus from the lungs
- Take a tablespoon of mustard powder and add 4 tablespoons flour
- Add a little water to the ingredients into a paste runny
- Apply olive oil on the chest
- Spread the paste of mustard and flour on a fabric clean and place it in the chest
- leave until completely cool, but be sure to remove it if it causes a burning sensation
Hinojo not only helps treat stomach problems and cancer, but also helps to treat chest congestion very efficiently, and without side effects.
- Eat some fennel seeds or sauteed fennel to get relief from chest congestion
- Another method is to add curry powder and eat fennel to clear mucus from the lungs
19. chicken soup:
hot chicken soup helps treat inflammation of the lungs. Moreover, black pepper used in the soup helps reduce the production of mucus and relieves coughing. Therefore, chicken soup when taken regularly, it can help speed up the movement of mucus and eliminate them quickly.
Parsley is a natural herb that helps break the mucus associated with cold and chest congestion. The herb also releases histamines, which can help in the healing process. You can add this herb to any dish you eat.
Tips to reduce chest congestion
Here are some tips that can help reduce chest congestion. These tips can help clear mucus from the lungs and chest congestion avoid completely.
- Avoid taking foods such as dairy products, salt, sugar, oils, junk and fried foods as they help to increase the production of mucus. There is a correlation between mucus and phlegm, so avoid these foods in your diet at least until your chest congestion has cleared.
- Eat foods that help clear mucus in the chest. Spicy foods, citrus, garlic, pepper and ginger acts as a decongestant that will result in a short relief from chest congestion. Also eat asparagus and pineapple, as they come with chest mining properties.
- Drink water and liquids like soups, juices and tea, because they can stay well hydrated. Fluids also help clear the chest congestion. Not drinking enough fluids will make the mucus in the chest and throat to coagulate and thicken, making it stickier and harder to get relief; Therefore, drinking water, especially warm water throughout the day to get rid of mucus.
- Having hot liquids like tea can help dissolve mucus and ease chest pain and congestion. Therefore, it is important to drink a cup of mint, ginger, chamomile, rosemary or ginseng tea several times a day. To make the sweet tea, you can add a little honey.
- The head elevation during sleep helps stimulate mucus drainage rather than an accumulation overnight. Always use a pillow to elevate your head.
- Engaging in exercises and yoga help open the airways and drain the mucus. Try recumbent pose a limit angle for 10 – 15 minutes to get rid of chest congestion
- Smoking can aggravate respiratory problems, infections and lung problems and can also irritate the mucous membranes, causing production excessive mucus in the chest. You should stop smoking as soon as possible.
- is important to treat sinusitis and nasal infections to prevent chest infections and accumulation of phlegm in the chest.
- pranayama practice yoga regularly, which helps improve breathing and increases oxygen consumption capacity of the lungs.
- Use humidifier, especially at night, to add moisture to the air which in turn can help breathe comfortably. It also helps loosen mucus and make it easy to remove.
- Try some techniques back pat. Ask someone to help you with the procedure can loosen mucus and reduce chest congestion.
- Try some techniques like taking air before each cough to make the strongest cough. Another technique is lying in bed with the upper body hanging over the edge while keeping your head is near the ground and after coughing. This process helps to drain by gravity bases of the lungs.
Here are some preventive measures you should take to keep away chest congestion.
- Always rinse your nasal mucus to clean through Neti pot, saline sprays, gargling, etc.
- avoid dairy products that create mucus in the body
- Avoid alcohol and stop smoking and also stay away from smoke
- drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Take a steam bath to clear mucus from time to time
- always stay away from respiratory irritants that cause mucus and other respiratory problems
- Clear your room and around the dust and bacteria that cause mucus
- Having enough sleep and eating a balanced diet to strengthen your immune system.
These home remedies and tips can help reduce pain and discomfort caused by chest congestion. But you should know exactly what remedy is right for you. We hope you’re going to give these remedies and tips a shot. Share your experience with these remedies in the comments below.
cervical mucus meaning in kannada |