A blocked ear can be a feeling very uncomfortable! It is more likely to occur, either due to inflammation or blockage in the fallopian tube (these are the tubes that connect the middle ear to the back of the throat) of the ear, which means that this tube is not open and close properly.
Some of the common symptoms are:
- ear problems
- ringing in the ears
- Loss of balance
- Elimination of the affected ear
Reduce hearing, popping sensation in the ear, the sound of wind in the ear wax buildup in your ears, stuffy nose, colds, allergies, sinusitis, accumulation of water in the ear are some of the causes of plugged ear
home Remedies for clogged ear:
Fortunately, there are some effective home remedies that are natural, safe and readily available to help clear your ears plugged. It is good to know the cause of the problem first to follow the appropriate remedy.
Remedies for clogged ear due to infection
attack of sinusitis are often a cause of clogged ears, these remedies can help give relief if this is the cause.
1. The apple cider vinegar and rubbing alcohol
Apple cider vinegar is an effective treatment because it helps break up mucus and drain out of the body. It also has anti-bacterial properties that help cure other infections that lead to accumulation of fluid and cover their ears.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Rubbing Alcohol
- cotton pad
- dropper or squeeze bottle or rubber bulb
- Take equal amounts of vinegar and apple cider alcohol and mix well.
- Pour into a bulb syringe or dropper.
- lie on your side, keeping ear plugged up and push the solution in it.
- Keep a cotton pad in the ear and turn face down ear.
- remain so for a while.
- This process helps the fluid to drain.
- Plain vinegar can also be used.
2. Saline nasal spray:
A clogged ear can also be the result of a cause allergic inflammation for a sinus infection. A saline nasal spray acts as a mild decongestant that help not only to unlock the blocked nose, but also helps get rid of clogged ears.
- Water – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- uniodized salt – 1/4 teaspoon 1/2
- sterilized jar with lid or bottle
- dropper or bulb syringe or squeeze bottle – 1
- boil water in a saucepan to sterilize.
- Let cool to room temperature and poured into a sterile container.
- Add a non – iodized salt (like kosher salt) and baking powder and mix
- pour into a pear rubber bottle, dropper or squeeze..
- tilt your head to the side 45˚ and place the tip of the dropper bottle or into your nostril and gently push the saline his nostrils.
- Let the solution drop the nose or mouth and spit in any case it remains in the mouth.
- blow your nose before repeating on the other nostril.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day, but do not store the solution for more than 2 days.
Garlic is an effective natural antibiotic. Garlic contains a strong antibacterial property that helps remove any infection in the ear.
Method 1 (garlic oil):
Regular use of garlic oil not only helps prevent infection, but applying hot oil will complete relief ears covered.
- cloves garlic – 2 to 4
- Any oil like olive oil / mustard / sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
- peel the skin 2-3 garlic cloves and crush them.
- In the oil of your choice and heat for a few minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Lie on your side and poured into the ear blocked.
- Use cotton pad to keep the oil in two minutes.
- Now allow the fluid to drain out of the ear.
- Repeat regularly.
Method 2 (garlic and salt Compressing):
salt helps absorb water from the ear.
- cloves garlic – 4 to 7
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Water – 1 glass
- Thin reconstructed clean cloth
- peel the skin of the garlic cloves, add the water.
- heat for 10 – 15 minutes before removing the teeth of
- Grind the teeth to make a paste.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Apply the paste on a thin piece of fabric and wrap it out.
- Hold compress against clogged ear infection for a few minutes.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a day
4. Tea tree oil:
tea tree oil has antiseptic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. that help cure ear infection. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties that make this tea oil the best remedy for sinus infection or any other nasal or respiratory infections.
Method – 1:
- tree oil Tea – few drops
- boiling water – 1 glass
- Add few drops of oil of tea tree in a cup of boiling water and mix well.
- tilt your head on the glass and allow steam into his ear.
- This process will provide immediate relief.
Method – 2:
- tree oil Tea – few drops
- hot olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- tree oil tea diluted with warm olive oil.
- Stir well and then use an eyedropper to insert a bit on the ear.
- will cause the trapped mucus drain out of the Eustachian tubes and help decongest sinus.
Gargling helps to drain impurities in the mouth and also to clean the sinuses, colds, coughs and other infections that cause clogged ears. It is best to use a hot saline.
- salt – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 glass
- Stir the hot water and salt.
- Pour a small cup of this solution in your mouth and start gargling for 20 – 45 Barrio
- then spit it out without swallowing.
- Repeat this process twice daily.
home remedies for clogged ear due to pressure
Sometimes, the unequal distribution of ambient pressure inside and outside the eardrum result in blocked ears. Follow the below listed remedies to unlock the ears and equalize the pressure.
6. Valsalva Maneuver:
Valsalva maneuver is defined as the process of the action takes places where one tries to exhale his nostrils by closing the mouth . This will increase the pressure in the middle ear and chest.
- Close your mouth and nose caught.
- Now try to blow through the nose until you hear a “pop” sound in her ear.
- After doing this process, you are free to open his mouth and nose.
- Remember not blow hard as this may damage your hearing.
Wriggle jaw 7.
This is one of the simplest methods that help unlock ears very effectively. You can make the process instantly anytime and anywhere.
- Open your mouth widely.
- Wriggle its jaws open mouth moving back and forth in a rapid and regular movement.
- will continue until your ears pop.
Otovent is another easy way to equalize your ears, in which a small balloon is inflated through the nose to blow ears.
- Take a ball and hold firmly against the right nostril.
- Keep the left nostril closed and then inhale deeply through your mouth.
- Shut your mouth and inflating the balloon is inflated until it arrives.
- repeat the same process by placing the ball on the left nostril
- periodic monitoring of this process.
9. Toynbee Maneuver:
This process can be completed by swallowing a sip of water by closing the mouth and nose.
- drink a glass of water.
- Pinch your nose and close your mouth and swallow water.
- This process helps equalize the pressure in their ears and disconnect.
- Repeat this process as needed.
10. Hop on one foot
This process uses the force of gravity gently jumping on one foot. This method is effective if the water trapped in the middle ear after swimming.
Process – 1:
- stand on one foot and tilt the head to one side that is blocked.
- hop on one foot with his head bowed down.
- remains in this position until relieved.
process – 2:
- Lie on your side with a pillow under the blocked ear.
- remain in that position for 15 -. 30 minutes
- This process will drain fluid that has built the pressure in the ear.
- repeat the process if necessary.
Home Remedies for clogged ears due to ear wax
earwax has to be cleaned frequently to perfect hearing and other ear drum performance. Usually, will fall by itself, however sometimes (due to Q – tips, pins, ear plugs) it will be pushed too far into the ear canal and jams. Here’s how to get rid of that annoying earwax:
11. Olive oil:
Wax impaction is a condition that means hardened wax is stuck in the ear canal. To soften the wax, oil can be used, so it is more easily falls.
Method – 1:
- Pour olive oil in a dropper warm temperature.
- Then pour 3 to 4 drops of olive oil in the ear before sleep
- Lay with ear plugged up..
- Repeat for 3 nights in a row.
- In the 4th night ap , replace the olive oil with water to clean the ear.
Method – 2:
- virgin olive oil
- ear buds
- Heat some olive oil in a pan for a few minutes.
- Let cool.
- Use an eyedropper to pour some in the ear plugged.
- let it sit for about 10 – 15 Barrio
- Use headphones to gently remove the wax softens.
- . Note: Baby oil or mineral oil can also be used
. Note: Never use this olive oil or any other oil to remove the wax if the eardrum is perforated
12. Hot or warm compress:
The application of heat is the best way to soften the wax, but also loosens congestion if you have a cold. Although be careful not to make the ear too hot.
Method – 1:
- Iron a clean cloth.
- Keep the ear blocked for a few minutes until the fabric cools.
- repeat this process for about 10 – 15 minutes
- Or simply lie on the bed and place the warm cloth below the ears covered.
- Repeat regularly.
Method – 2:
- Hot water (o) Bags hot water
- clean cloth
- soak a clean cloth in hot water.
- compression remove excess water and keep the cloth on the ear plugged.
- let it sit for about 5 -. 8 minutes and use your palm to rub the ear
- Alternatively you can wrap a hot water bottle in a thin towel and place it in the ear covered, for about 5 -. 10 minutes
- Repeat regularly.
Method – 3: (Hot Water)
Washing the ear plugged with warm water can help unlock it.
- Warm water – 1 cup
- syringe ear
- Fill a syringe ear with warm water.
- tilt the head with ear plugged up.
- Pull the earlobe down to open the ear canal and press the syringe into the ear to dislodge the earwax.
- let it sit for 10 -. 15 minutes and tip your head to the opposite side so that the water and earwax out easily
- Repeat this regularly.
- . Note: Be sure to apply the water carefully
Inhaling steam can help clear blocked ears because loosen mucus that can lead ears covered.
- A large bowl
- Hot water
- Oil essential
- Pour hot water into a bowl.
- Add a few drops of any essential oil such as lavender, peppermint or tea tree oil and stir well.
- Put the side just above the water and cover your head with a towel.
- inhaling this vapor slowly and continuously until his ear plugged it opens.
14. Homemade ear wax solution:
- Hot water – 1/4 to 1 / 2 cup
- glycerol or mineral oil – a few drops
- Spoon / pear rubber rubber / dropper / Squeeze bottler
- Add mineral oil or glycerin to heat water.
- Stir well and lie on your side with the ear covered set up.
- Pour this solution into the ear using a tool of your choice.
- remains in this position for about 10 minutes.
- Then tilt your head to the other side to drain the solution of the ear.
- Gently pull the earlobe down to completely drain the solution.
- not repeated more than 3 times a day.
- consult your doctor if you did not get complete relief from clogged ear.
- If you feel that the condition can be caused by an infection, do not try this process.
- If you have symptoms such as yellow or green discharge, fever or pain, be sure to consult your doctor.
15. Hydrogen Peroxide:
Hydrogen peroxide is another effective way to clean wax from ears and completely easy remedy. However, it is not sure to overexploitation.
- Hydrogen peroxide
- wash cloth
- Pour 2 to 4 drops of hydrogen peroxide 3% in a dropper
- drop in the affected ear.. a bubbling sound is heard within a few minutes, this is the wax dissolution.
- Let stand for about 10 minutes or until bubbly sound stops.
- Now tilt your head to the opposite direction and allow the solution to drain earwax.
- Use a cloth to clean the ear after ear wax completely
- Follow this. 2 – 3 times if necessary
Tips prevent clogged ear:
Follow these tips to prevent clogged ears:
- is important to regularly clean the ears.
- Avoid extreme temperatures placed in the ear.
- A hot shower for 15 minutes can relieve your ears covered.
- needs Scuba diving or diving to be done slowly so the ears are accustomed to the pressure. Do not do if you are suffering from respiratory infections such as asthma, colds, bronchitis, sinusitis, etc.
- The intake of hot foods such as garlic, onion, radish, jalapeno, peppers, chilies, etc., which helps relieve congestion.
- hot soups soften the mucus to prevent clogged ear. You can also have soups, tea or coffee, etc.
- gently inhale and exhale through the mouth and nostrils closed will helps you to disconnect your ears plugged.
- When flying, it helps if you suck a candy or chewing gum. Chewing gum eustachian tube opens and relieves excess pressure in the ears and open your ears plugged.
- There are several over the counter medicine ear drops and ear drops cerumol, care eardrops sodium bicarbonate, relief Similasan ear, etc., that provide effective relief to give ears covered.
- Be sure to consult your doctor (ENT) if there is a foreign object in the blocked ear while the wax is removed. Never use waterpik or any other mechanized water jet ear, also never scratch the tympanic membrane with a fingernail unclog it, as these can seriously damage the eardrum.
Make sure you give your opinion on what worked best for you! Do you know of any other remedy that worked please share with us know.