Radish, which belongs to the Brassicaceae family, is one of the most nutritious plant-root used in salads, as well as the main recipes. The scientific name or botanical radish Raphanus sativus and is the common name “radish” is derived from the Latin radix (root) .Radishes are spicy or sweet in flavor with a lot of juice and can be eaten raw, …
Radish, which belongs to the family Brassicaceae is one of the most nutritious plant-root used in salads, as well as the main recipes. Scientific or botanical name for horseradish is Raphanus sativus and the common name “radish” is derived from the Latin root (root).
Radishes are spicy or sweet in flavor with a lot of juice and can be eaten raw, cooked or pickled. They come in a variety of colors like black white shapes, red, purple, or, and also varied as cylindrical or round and long. Parts of radishes that are commonly consumed are leaves, flowers, pods and seeds.
The strong, spicy radish flavor comes from “isothiocyanate” composed in them, ranging from mild in the case of white-hot icicles on red balloon and other pigmented varieties.
- or daikon Japanese radish is native to Asia. In general it is grown during the winter months and elongated features, icy-white smooth roots.
- green radish is a native of the northern region of China. Its outer skin near the upper end of the stem color characteristics greens, which gradually changes to white near the bottom tip. Inside, its flesh has beautiful jade green color, sweet flavor and less spicy.
- watermelon watermelon radishes have as meat inside. They are less spicy but slightly sweet similar to that of the white varieties something.
The plant is believed to have originated from the continent for centuries in China and today is one of the crops grown widely throughout the world. DETOX and 16 other health secrets of radishes:
- Respiratory decongestant : The spicy taste of radish acts as a decongestant, removing excess mucus and help soothe chronic bronchial flare- ups, sinus infections, sore throat, asthma, allergic irritations and colds
- digestive Health :. Radishes are rich in dietary fiber that relieves the excretory and digestive systems, maintains healthy metabolism, regulates bowel movement, relieve bloating and indigestion, and prevents constipation which can lead to batteries
- Generator immunity :. Radish contains potassium, an integral component in maintaining healthy muscle and nerve function. Iron has positive effects on the blood, increases the hemoglobin and oxygen supply to the body’s cells and stimulates the immune system
- skin disorders Treats :. Vitamins A, C and K and minerals such as phosphorus and zinc, present in radishes improve cell production and cell repair and help prevent skin disorders as dry skin, pimples and acne . Radishes can be used to treat Leucoderma due to its anti-cancer properties as well as detoxification capabilities
- stabilizes blood pressure :. Radish is rich in magnesium and vitamin B which helps in stabilizing blood pressure.
- cancer radishes, due to its high levels of fiber, vitamin C, anthocyanins, isothiocyanates and folic acid, as well as detoxification capabilities, induce apoptosis (process of altering the cancer cells’ genetic pathways, causing death and unable to reproduce) in cancer cells that affects the mouth, stomach, intestine, kidney and colon
- Weight Loss Aids :. radish is high in water content, dietary fiber and has a low glycemic index, while being miserable low in fat, sugar and carbohydrates that helps increase satiety and prevent the accumulation of fat in the body.
- muscle building and repair : radishes are a rich source of protein and high water content, vitamin C, phosphorus and zinc, which nourishes and moisturizes tissues and promotes muscle development and repair
- Cardio Care .: the fiber, vitamins and minerals in radish lower cholesterol, control diabetes and regulate blood pressure and levels of blood sugar
- Hair Attention :. Radish contains various nutrients like iron helps combat problems of hair loss, stimulates hair growth, strengthens hair follicles, and fights dandruff. Its content-rich water provides hydration to the scalp
- Detoxification :. Radishes is a great detoxifying purge toxins from the liver, gall bladder, stomach and colon. Radishes contain enzymes such as esterase, amylase, diastase and myrosinase which stimulate the production of bile and regulate the production of bilirubin and wipe off excess blood, preventing the jaundice, ulcers and infections
- kidney cleaning :. radishes are highly qualified, due to its diuretic properties, disinfectants and cleaning, cleaning of the kidneys of excess toxins and help various treat urinary tract infections. They also help heal the burning sensation during urination and inflammation
- Naturally cooling :. radishes have a pungent flavor and Oriental medicine has always recommended as a food natural cooling, reducing the excess heat in the body that can accumulate during the hot summers. It can lead to high efficiency below temperatures associated with fever
- Insect bites Cura :. Radish juice has effective anti-pruritic, properties in treating bee stings and insect bites, and helps soothe the affected areas and reduce pain
- Other cures :. radishes can also serve as a regulator of metabolism, laxative, breath freshener and appetizer. Normal consumption can also improve blood circulation and dyspepsia delight, gallstones, gastric problems, whooping cough, obesity, nausea, heartburn and headache
- rich in vitamins :. Radishes contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin B. a vitamin A helps maintain eye health, metabolism of vitamin B, proteins and carbohydrates are refined, vitamin E prevents anomalies related to reproduction . Radish also contains minerals such as calcium, potassium, iron, sodium, magnesium, and phosphorus. They play an important role in the body’s metabolism, act as oxygen carriers, nutrients pregnancy and even blood pressure and sugar controllers.
Side Effects and Precautions:
- Radishes may contain goitrogens, compounds based on plants found in cruciferous and Brassica vegetable family such as cauliflower, broccoli, etc. Goitrogens can cause an inflammation of the thyroid gland and should be avoided in patients with thyroid dysfunction.