Many people are victims of cardiovascular disease. Usually it is a direct result of how one spends his life and the type of diet is followed. sedentary lifestyles, along with a rich and unhealthy diet leads to heart problems. It has been found that seventy percent of heart disease can be prevented if the right choice in food is done. Not only will your heart stay healthy by eating the right foods, the risk for atherosclerosis or hardening and narrowing of the arteries is significantly reduced which usually leads to strokes and heart attacks. A diet that is healthy for the heart is generally rich in lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, grains and low in unhealthy fats, cholesterol and sodium.
Top 15 Super Foods for a Healthy Heart
Oatmeal has many beneficial properties that make it a healthy choice for your heart to breakfast.
• It is known that is rich in omega-3
fatty acids • Contains useful minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium and soluble fiber
• Buy a package of instant oatmeal
• Cook a cup of oatmeal in milk like consistency they like
• Add sugar or honey if you want
Such a meal for breakfast keeps a feeling of satiety for a longer period of time than other items. When fruits nutritional value of meals increases are added at the end.
2. Black Beans
Black beans provide many useful nutrition that makes it good for the heart. One or more servings of black beans is recommended by health experts, especially for people at risk of developing heart disease or those who have already suffered from heart ailments.
• Black beans are rich in vitamins B
• Other minerals it contains are magnesium, calcium and niacin
• Black beans are rich in soluble fiber and omega-3
• provide high protein without the bad cholesterol as found in the flesh of animals
One can eat black beans prepared as part of an item of sauce dish or even as boiled as a side dish. It can be added to soups or salads as well.
3. Wine red
Did you know that red wine is good for the heart? While you may be asked to refrain from drinks beyond a certain level, an alcoholic beverage that offers beneficial properties is red wine.
• Increases levels of good cholesterol or HDL in the system
• There antioxidants such as resveratrol and catechins that help keep the walls of the arteries in good condition
• cancer prevention properties found in red wine
it is advisable that a glass of red wine you can drink every day, but no more. Again, if you’re on certain medications like aspirin and others, it is advisable that red wine refrained from.
Among the fish that can be consumed, it is said that the salmon to be great for the heart.
• There is a lot of omega-3 like DHA and EPA in fish that makes it healthy for the heart
• omega-3 fatty acids reduce the risk of disorders resulting from rhythm heart
• These beneficial fatty acids help lower blood pressure and keeps out the risks of coagulation
• blood triglycerides are reduced and inflammation
a serving of salmon or two a week can help reduce the risk of dying from a heart attack by about a third. The fish can be taken in the form of grilled or baked with pasta, rice, salads or soups.
5. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
extra virgin olive oil is made from olives the first press of olives. many heart benefits offered.
• It consists of antioxidants such as polyphenols
• There are fat monounsaturated, as well as in the oil that makes it rich in good fats that are safe for heart
• it has been shown that regular consumption of olive oil extra virgin which helps reduce cholesterol and protect blood vessels
the oil can be used as a means for cooking, salads as well as with bread.
6. Chocolate black
If you have a sweet tooth, is limited due to food restrictions that could still be in the black chocolate regularly.
• The black chocolate contains seventy percent cocoa makes it good for the heart
• This in cocoa flavonoid helps reduce pressure blood
• blood flow to the heart is improved
• the damage caused by free radicals is reduced
therefore, it is good to enjoy black chocolate and have a small piece every day.
7. chia seeds
Such seeds offer many nutritional benefits as well as a minimum of calories.
• The chia seeds help lower bad cholesterol levels
• The buildup of plaque is thus reduced
• Blood pressure and triglycerides decreased
• chia seeds can be eaten by the spoonful
• you can add in milkshakes
• they can also be added to soups, salads and yogurt
in such ways you can increase this beneficial food into your daily diet.
Blueberries have many beneficial properties that help one to keep a healthy heart.
• Blueberries contain lutein and beta-carotene, and ellagic acid, anthocyanins
• Other vitamins and minerals are potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin C and fiber
• All these nutrients are good for heart health
• You can add fresh blueberries on your cereal, yogurt or pancakes
• you can add in milkshakes and other desserts
other berries such as raspberries, blueberries and strawberries have similar nutrients that are good for the heart as well.
Among fruits, oranges are known to be good for the heart.
• This fruit contains beta-cryptoxanthin, carotenoids, flavonoids, fiber, folic acid and potassium
• The above nutrients and vitamin C make the fruit especially good for the heart
• blood pressure is controlled and the functionality of blood vessels
One can eat like a fruit or drink juice too. It can increase their nutritional value by using cinnamon or lemon juice along with it.
This nut has healthy fats and other nutrients that are good for the heart.
• Nuts contain omega-3, folic acid, fiber, magnesium, vitamin E and polyunsaturated fats that help promote heart health
• one will be able to reduce the risk of cholesterol and inflammation of the arteries
nuts added to cakes, muffins, cookies, pastas and salads are different ways that you can enjoy this nut and its benefits.
11. Whole grains
whole grain is the whole kernel while refined grains are milled. When the germ and bran are removed also it leads to certain beneficial nutrients that are removed.
• Whole grains such as brown rice are rich in vitamin B, E and fiber
• Whole grains tend to be rich in iron
Rich fiber whole grains help reduce cholesterol levels and risk of heart problems.
Moderate drinking can be good for your heart.
• Alcohol makes the blood less likely to clot
• The good cholesterol levels rise
• Reduces inflammation of the arteries
However, one must exercise moderation when drinking. Only two pins are healthy for men, while for women only one. Red wine is the most beneficial among all other alcoholic beverages.
If you are avoiding the meat of animals that you could try using tofu. This could be added to food to provide the following benefits.
• Tofu is rich in minerals like calcium, potassium and magnesium
• Niacin and folic acid are other valuable nutrients included therein
One you can enjoy the taste for fine cut and marinated grilled or her. Made from soy, which is a great way to increase protein levels in food.
These seeds can be added to different foods for added nutritional benefits.
fatty acids • fiber rich
These seeds can be added to cereals, cookies, salads and pastas.
Peppers of different varieties, such as peppers red variety, yellow and green are good for the heart.
• The peppers are rich in beta-carotene
• Contains vitamins and minerals like B complex, potassium and folic acid
Peppers can be added to each meal boiled, sauteed or cooked form, as well as in salads, in raw form to enjoy their nutritional benefits.
Do you believe that heart disease herald the end of indulgences in food? With knowledge of the super foods for the heart in the above list, you can make healthy menus and recipes to spice up your life and maintain heart health in check. It is also imperative to couple these diets with an active lifestyle. Going for a walk every day and do chores will keep you fit and active.