Sweet potatoes are a particular type of potato same order as the regular with the difference that they are part of different species and a different family. You can find the sweet potatoes in a variety of colors.
found that most often are those with white-cream and yellow-orange. There are also sweet potatoes with purple flesh and are extremely abundant in antioxidants. The most important of them is that they have excellent nutritional values.
15 Nutrient Data:
1. Sweet potatoes are an excellent choice for diabetics because they contain natural sugars that reduce and stabilize the insulin resistance in diabetics. They are also good for the regulation of sugar levels.
2. Sweet potatoes are rich in dietary fibers that are good for digestion. They also prevent colon cancer and helps with constipation.
3. Sweet potatoes contain carotenoids that help in the production of vitamin A. This vitamin regenerates the respiratory system. Therefore, people with respiratory problems, especially smokers should consume sweet potatoes more often.
4. Vitamin D is also contained in sweet potatoes. This vitamin is good for teeth, heart, skin, bones, energy levels, and for the normal function of the thyroid gland.
5. In general there may be a better functioning of the heart with the help of potassium. This vitamin reduces the impact of sodium, regulates blood pressure and makes a balance of electrolytes.
Sweet potato has vitamin B6 that prevents heart attacks, strokes and degenerative diseases.
6. The potassium in sweet potatoes is good for healthy tissues and muscles. It also helps in reducing swelling and cramps, provides energy and relaxes muscles. It also regulates heartbeat and nerve signals.
7. Beta-carotene in sweet potato acts as a -oxidant against. This helps arthritis, gout and asthma, protects against lung cancer and breast and also reduces the effects of aging.
8. Since sweet potatoes are rich in folic acid, which are a great source of folic for healthy fetal development. Pregnant women should eat more sweet potatoes.
9. The potassium content in potatoes increases oxygen flow, regulates the water balance of the body and normalizes the heartbeat. The magnesium content, on the other hand acts as an anti-stress agent.
10. Vitamin C is essential for the function and sweet potatoes whole body has plenty of it.
11. Sweet potatoes are also rich in iron plays a crucial role in the production of red blood cells and white blood. That’s why they help against anemia.
12. Did you know that you can use the water from boiled potatoes to treat skin? Especially for skin irritation, cleaning the pores and absorption of impurities.
Vitamin C contained in sweetpotato produce collagen, while vitamin E help in improving the complexion of the skin. Anthocyanins help in removing wrinkles and purification of dark circles around the eyes.
13. If you suffer from painful premenstrual symptoms, iron and manganese in sweet potatoes calm.
14.Having problems with damaged hair and dandruff? Beta-carotene prevent them and also stimulate hair growth.
15. Since sweet potatoes have a lot of essential vitamins for the enzyme, protein and carbohydrate metabolism you should eat more often. However, it is necessary to consult a doctor if you have had oxalate urinary tract.
The 15 reasons why sweet potatoes are perfect for diabetics! appeared for the first time in healthy lifestyles 365 .