originally discovered in dry lake beds in Tibet, borax is a mineral composed of sodium, boron, oxygen and water. Borax has a history dating back more than 4000 years ago. In fact, it is extracted from the earth and then partially dried and ground to be sold as borax.
Did you know that the Borax has many uses household cleaning? It can also be used to get rid of insects and pests in your living space.
15 more practical uses for borax
1. All Purpose Cleaner. Make all-purpose cleaner by mixing 2 tablespoons of borax and 2 cups hot water in a spray bottle.
2. Clean the toilet: Dissolve 1/2 cup borax with 1 gallon of water. Scrubbing the bathroom with a stiff brush, let it rest and flush to rinse. This non-abrasive cleaner can also be used in the bath or in counters.
3. Unclogging drains with 1/2 cup borax followed by 2 cups boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes, then run the water for a few minutes to flush out.
4. Deodorize your trash – pour 1/2 cup borax and 1 gallon warm water in the can. Scrub with a brush or rag. Rinse and let dry.
6. Oxide – make a paste with borax and lemon juice. scrub oxide paste. Rinse with clean water.
7. Water stains – to remove, add 1 tablespoon of borax to your dishwater
8. Pots and Pans.. Rub borax in cookware with a damp sponge; rinse well.
9. mattress stains – Mix 1 part borax and 1 part baking soda and sprinkle all of your mattress. Let stand for 30 minutes, then vacuum up. This will get rid of stains and neutralize odors in your mattress.
10. Mold and mildew remover – Mix 1 cup of borax with 1 liter of hot water and pour into a spray bottle. Spray the mold and mildew until saturated, wait several hours, then rinse thoroughly.
11. clogged drains – Pour 1/2 cup borax into the drain, followed by 2 cups boiling water. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Let the water run for a few minutes to rinse.
12. Flea Killer – sprinkle borax on your carpet and let stand for 1 hour before vacuuming
13. Insecticide. -. Sprinkle borax around the perimeter of your home and any area inside your home, where insects are entering
14. Mice – sprinkle borax on the floor along the wall to keep these little rascals out your home
15. Herbicide -. sprinkle where you have seen the evil unwanted, as in the cracks of your particular herbs. * Do not use in gardens, which will kill the plants.