Oranges are round citrus fruits with finely textured skins are, of course, like orange their pulpy meat. ), …
Oranges are round citrus fruits with finely textured skins are, of course, orange like its pulpy flesh. Orange specifically, the sweet orange is the fruit of citrus species Citrus × sinensis family Rutaceae also includes grapefruit, mandarin (tangerine) and grapefruit.
The word is derived from orange Sanskrit word for “orange” (naranga), probably of Dravidian origin. The Sanskrit word reached European languages through Persian (Narang) and Arabic (Naranj) derivative.
The fruit of Citrus sinensis is considered a sweet orange, while the fruit of Citrus aurantium is considered a bitter orange. The orange is a hybrid, possibly between pomelo ( Citrus maxima ) and tangerine ( Citrus reticulata ), which has been cultivated since ancient times. Popular varieties include sweet-Valencia, Navel, Persian and blood orange variety.
bitter orange (Citrus aurantium) are often used to make jam or marmalade, and enthusiasm serves as a flavoring for liquors like Grand Marnier and Cointreau .
oranges originated thousands of years ago in Asia, in the region of southern China to Indonesia from which they spread to India. Spanish explorers are responsible for bringing oranges to Florida in the 16th century, while the Spanish missionaries brought to California in the 18th century, from the cultivation of this citrus fruit in two widely known for its oranges states.
15 juicy and healthy SECRETS ORANGES need to know:
- Against Cancer : The oranges have a potent blend of super antioxidants like vitamin a (carotenoids) and C and limonoides citrus that inhibit and prevent free radicals from destroying the cells of the body to fight off cancers stomach, mouth , larynx, colon, skin, lung, breast and liver.
- AIDS metabolism :. orange contains compounds that stimulate metabolic processes, helps burn fat and stabilize the levels of blood sugar and insulin in the body
- Immunity Booster: studies show that the abundance of polyphenols in citrus fruits such as oranges, protects against viral infections and flu like symptoms
- healthy blood sugar levels :. inOranges healthy fiber prevents the absorption of cholesterol in the bloodstream, thus avoiding spikes in blood sugar that cause major problems for diabetics
- Heart Health :. potassium in oranges, an electrolyte mineral responsible for healthy heart function, deficiency of which contributes to multiple cardiovascular complications including fatal arrhythmia, an abnormal condition of the heart rate
- clear vision :. The rich variety and quantity of carotenoid compounds in oranges are converted to vitamin A by the body’s cells. Vitamin A is vital for eye health component and prevents the degeneration of muscles and conditions such as macular degeneration age-related eye
- Aid Digestive System :. Oranges offer a fiber that balances your metabolism, soothes the digestive tract, helps gentle removal of waste from the colon, and stimulates the digestive juices to provide relief from constipation
- stabilizes blood pressure :. the abundance of potassium, magnesium and hesperidin flavonoids, present in oranges helps regulate high blood pressure hypertension, heart disease and stroke
- the bone health :. potassium plays an important role in maintaining bone density and prevent / delay the onset of bone diseases such as osteoporosis and athritis
- anti-inflammatory :. the studies show anti-inflammatory properties of orange on a chemical called hesperidin, helping to prevent heart disease, cancer, arthritis and other deadly diseases
- Assists kidney function :. consumption prevents regular orange juice kidney disease and reduces the chance of kidney stones formation
- Antioxidant :. oranges contain high levels of vitamin C antioxidant known for its ability to stimulate the immune system, preventing oxidative stress on body cells and can help prevent heart disease and premature. aging by neutralizing free radicals
- Maintains pH balance even though oranges are acidic before the digest, containing many alkaline minerals that help balance the pH of digestion positions. pH levels are vital to the proper functioning of the heart
- smart carbohydrates Source :. Oranges are sweet but are very low on the glycemic index. In oranges moderation can provide complete healthy nutrients, without the burden of calories or carbohydrates, which means no sugar spikes or unnecessary weight gain
- Skin Care :. Oranges are filled with beta-carotene, a powerful antioxidant avoiding damage cells from free radicals, the replacement of the skin cells and protect it from possible signs of aging.
Side Effects and Precautions:
- aerosol insecticides are applied extensively on orange crops. Therefore, it is recommended to wash fruits in cold water before use. orange organic fruits are devoid of these chemicals and are most suitable for the preparation of zest.
- In children, the consumption of large quantities of sweet orange peel is not safe. It can cause cramps and seizures.
- fructose-rich beverages such as soft drinks sweetened with sugar and orange juice can increase uric acid levels in serum and, therefore, the risk of gout.