If you see a white or yellow spot under the tip of the toenail, which may be a fungal infection commonly known as nail fungus (onychomycosis). If untreated, this nail fungus enters the nails and makes them thick, crisp and discolored with crumbling edges. therefore their nails become unsightly and can suffer from pain as well. This nail fungus is much more stubborn and it takes a long time to get rid of nail fungus. Not only this, once cured fungal infection can be repeated over and over again. There are certain home remedies for nail fungus that can come to your rescue. However, you must be patient with these home remedies because it can take weeks or even months to cure your nail fungus.
Remedies for nail fungus
1. tea tree oil for toenail fungus
is obtained Tea Tree Melaleuca alternifolia of the Myrtaceae family , native to Australia. It has antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, insecticides, fungicides and properties, among many others. This oil is one of the best remedies for most viral, bacterial and fungal infections, including nail fungus. One of the causes of nail fungus is the weak immune system and because tea tree oil is a stimulant of the immune system also can even cure nail fungus that are more difficult to remove.
ways to use oil tea tree for toenail fungus
- tree oil painting tea in their fungus affected nails twice daily . Do this at least 2-3 months.
- Pour a few drops of tea tree oil on a cotton ball and place it on your nail with fungus. Leave this overnight. You can use a tape to hold the cotton in place.
- Simply apply 1-2 drops of tea tree oil for toenail 2-3 times a day.
2. oregano oil for nail fungus
oregano herb, culinary pleasure pleasantly scented, you can also get rid of fungal infections, such as Candida , athlete’s foot and nail fungus. This oil is one of the best antibacterial agent and natural antifungal. The component of this oil, carvacrol, is the germicidal agent that eliminates fungi and bacteria.
- oregano oil 2-3 drops
- carrier oil such as jojoba or olive oil (optional) – 1 teaspoon
Do the following:
- After washing and drying your feet properly, take oregano oil drops on a cotton ball .
- Apply this to the affected nail fungus.
- can also pour oil directly on the nail, but try not to use too. 2-3 drops is only what you need to treat fungi.
- If the oil undiluted feels strong or experience redness or itching, dilute the oil in your carrier oil and then apply this to your nail fungus.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
- You may have to continue doing this for 2-3 months or until a new nail does not grow on your toe.
If you suffer from recurring nail fungus due to compromised immunity, may be taken also internally. To do this, add 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and do it twice a day. This will help strengthen your immune system.
3. grapefruit seed extract for nail fungus
In a 1990 study, researchers found that the extract of grapefruit seed as effective and sometimes even better than 30 and 18 antibiotic fungicides. This makes this natural extract derived from the seeds and grapefruit pulp suitable for very nutritious cure a wide variety of fungal infections. It can be applied topically and taken internally. When taken internally, cure fungal infections , thrush, candidiasis, nail infections and athlete’s foot .
ways to use seed extract grapefruit nail fungus
- Take a few drops of seed extract grapefruit and apply this to your nail fungus 2-3 times a day.
- Add 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract in a cup of water and have it three times a day.
4. Garlic to cure nail fungus
in home remedies, garlic has always found a significant place because of its health benefits. Modern studies have proven to be even more excellent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of garlic. It is this compound in garlic called Ajoene which is a strong anti-fungal agent. This ajoene is actually formed by the combination of the compound and enzyme alliinase allicin, both present in raw garlic. When you step on or crush a clove of raw garlic, allicin and allinase these two components come into contact and form Ajoene.
- nder cloves- 1 each for each affected toe nail.
- cotton gauze
- Hot water
- cotton cloth or ball
- bandage or tape
do the following:
- Before applying the garlic, if applicable warm and moist heat to your affected nail fungus, which will bring the fungus to the surface so get rid of them all. damp, warm environments always attract fungus.
- Soak the washcloth or cotton ball in warm water, drain excess water and place it on the nail.
- crush a clove of garlic and place this on a cotton gauze and cover it with another cotton gauze so that the garlic is sandwiched between two gauzes.
- Place this gauze with garlic on the affected toenail fungus and use a bandage or tape to hold it in place.
- Replace this dressing after every 3-5 hours. Discard the garlic used and the use of fresh garlic each time a new gauze.
- In addition to the application of garlic to your toenail, eating 1-2 cloves of raw garlic a day. This will eliminate the fungus from your body and keep it prosperous and recurrent.
5. vinegar nail fungus
Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, use vinegar as early as 400 BC to treat infections. Modern research has also confirmed the anti-microbial properties of vinegar. However, this is with respect to the properties of vinegar as food preservatives. Although there are no strong scientific research supporting the contention that favor traditional remedies vinegar as an effective remedy for infections, many people who have used it to treat your nail fungus they had succeeded in eliminating the infection. This may be due to natural acids present in vinegar.
foot soak in a vinegar solution
- Vinegar 1 part
- Water 3 parts
Do the following:
- Mix one part vinegar with 3 parts water.
- soak your feet in this for 15-20 minutes.
- After soaking, wash your feet with water.
- nails feet dry completely turns so warm moist environment is a flowering plant for the fungus.
- soak your nails in vinegar water solution every day until your infection is completely eliminated.
If vinegar is a little too strong, the use of apple cider vinegar, which is our next remedy for nail fungus.
6. Apple cider vinegar for nail fungus
The fungal infection leads to an imbalance in the pH levels of the skin surrounding toenails. It becomes more alkaline where the fungus have the opportunity to survive and thrive. Apple vinegar makes this environment more acidic and therefore hostile for fungi. This vinegar is not very strong and has a mild effect on the skin.
1st way to use apple cider vinegar for toenail fungus: Pediluvio
- cider vinegar apple 1 part
- Water 1 part
Do the following:
- Prepare a foot bath using a portion of apple cider vinegar and one part water.
- Be sure to fill the basin enough to soak your nails.
- soak your feet in this solution for about half an hour.
- Rinse with water and dry your toenails altogether.
- Repeat this 1-3 times a day to get rid of the fungus.
second way to use apple cider vinegar for toenail fungus: Direct Application
Do the following:
- take 2-3 drops of apple cider vinegar.
- Apply this directly to your nail bed.
- Let this sit there for a couple of minutes.
- Now it spread throughout the nail.
- Repeat twice a day.
You may need to do this for 2-3 months or until a complete new nail on your toe is obtained.
7. Herbal Compress for fungus
You can take advantage of several antifungal agents while using them together. This will also ensure you get rid of nail fungus completely and forever. This solution certain herbal oils are used in conjunction with vinegar and pau d’arco tincture. Pau D’Arco or Lapacho is an herb with strong anti-fungal agents in it.
- vinegar 8 tablespoons (about ½ cup)
- Pau D’Arco tincture- 2 tablespoons
- tea tree oil ¼ teaspoon
- ¼ teaspoon lavender essential oil
- peppermint essential oil 1/8 teaspoon
- wash cloth or cotton gauze
Do the following:
- Mix all Ingredients- vinegar, essential oils, and tincture.
- Dampen the cloth or gauze in this solution herbal.
- Take the cloth and apply this to your nail fungus affected.
- let remain there for about 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat three times daily.
8. Lemon Juice for nail fungus
Lemon juice is a natural antiseptic and anti-fungal agent. Its acidic properties help balance the pH levels of the body or skin where it is applied so that the fungus can not thrive there. To be concrete, citric acid in the lemon juice helps eliminate nail fungus flowering and dissemination.
ways to use lemon juice for toenail fungus
- Apply lemon juice directly on the nail and let it sit there for about 15 minutes. Rinse your feet with warm water and dry your toenails altogether.
- Take a cotton ball and pour some lemon juice in it. Place this cotton ball on your toenail and with the help of a tape, fix it there. Remove This after 15 minutes, rinse with warm water and then dry the nails completely.
- If you find pure lemon juice too acidic or having strong drying effect on the surrounding skin, it can be diluted with a little olive oil. Massaging nails with this mixture.
is necessary to apply lemon juice 2-3 times a day until you get rid of your nail fungus.
9. Baking soda for nail fungus
Bicarbonate sodium again helps maintain the pH levels of the skin around the nails. Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is obtained from a natural mineral. It is very gentle on the skin and has a wonderful effect on fungal infections.
ways to use baking soda for nail fungus
- Mix a little baking soda with warm water to form a paste. Apply this paste to the toenail fungus affected. Let it sit there for a few minutes and rinse with water with the removal of all soft drinks there. Dry completely toenails.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of baking soda and the same amount of arrowroot powder. Add 1-2 drops each of tea tree oil, basil oil, sage oil to this. Apply this powder to your feet before putting on socks and shoes. This will prevent as well as cure any fungal infection.
- Take ½ cup of baking soda and Epsom salt. Ix them with 4 cups of hot water. Add ¼ cup of vinegar to this. Soak nails in this solution for a few minutes each day. You can also soak a cotton ball in this solution and keep this between the toes and nails a few minutes twice a day.
10. Coconut oil for nail fungus
Coconut oil has traditionally been used to treat various skin diseases including nail fungus. Modern research has now found its fatty acids responsible for the fungicidal properties of medium chain coconut oil. Among these fatty acids, caprylic acid is considered that eliminates fungus by penetrating membranes of fungi. This caprylic acid diffuses into the cell membrane of fungi and leads to cell disintegration finally kills the fungus.
Do the following:
- Take some coconut oil and rub this on your fungal toenails affected.
- Repeat this 3-4 times a day.
11. Turmeric for nail fungus
Turmeric has been used in India and China for its medicinal properties for centuries. Is this compound called curcumin which gives this herb its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. turmeric oil also has the function effective against yeasts and fungi. Many studies have shown that the growth of pathogenic fungi may be inhibited by turmeric oil.
How to use turmeric for toenail fungus?
- The dust- 3 teaspoons turmeric
do the following:
- Add a little water to turmeric powder to make a paste.
- Apply this to the affected toenails.
- Let stand half an hour.
- Rinse with water. You can also use the hot water as turmeric stains and needs some effort to remove stains from the skin form.
- be careful as turmeric can stain your clothes too.
- repeat this three times a day.
should also drink a glass of milk with a teaspoon of turmeric powder added to it every day. This cure any infection fungal or yeast inside the body. It also strengthens your immunity.
12. olive leaf extract for toenail fungus
olive leaf extract has strong anti-microbial properties that can cure nail fungus their effectiveness. Olive (Olea europaea) is the active ingredient called oleuropein present in all its parts. Oleuropein has anti fungal anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic-strong, anti-viral. A Dutch study found that oleuropein inhibits the growth of viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites. Interfere with the production of amino acid for viruses and probably has the ability to penetrate directly infected cells and viral replication stop.
Using olive leaf extract?
- Apply the extract pure olive leaf directly on the toenail fungus affected. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
- Mix 1 teaspoon olive leaf extract with fruit juice or any other food and have it three times a day. You should always have after meals. If taken on an empty stomach, may cause nausea.
consult your doctor before taking any solution herbal or medicine, especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or are taking heart medications, diabetes or any other serious illness mother.
13. Clove oil for nail fungus
Clove oil has been known antifungal agent, anesthetic and antiseptic properties. This is due to eugenol, also available from oregano oil and which has been shown in laboratory tests to have excellent antifungal properties. Clove oil is 60 to 90 percent eugenol, which is the source of its antifungal, anesthetic and antiseptic properties. This remedy is perfect for you if you also have pain due to nail fungus because clove oil has capsaicin that can cure your pain. Capsaicin is the same active ingredient that is also found in cayenne pepper.
- Clove oil 2-4 drops
- olive or coconut oil (optional) – 1 teaspoon
Do the following:
- Apply clove oil directly on the affected nails.
- If the skin around the nails is broken or if you have sensitive skin, dilute the oil by mixing it with olive oil or coconut.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day.
14. Cinnamon oil for nail fungus
Cinnamon oil, again, is a strong anti-fungal oil like clove oil. This is again due to the presence of eugenol which has an effective action against fungi. Cinnamon has been shown to be very effective against Candida yeast infection, which is also one of the causes of nail fungus. What is important is that it can be applied topically cinnamon oil to cure your nail fungus toe and also have internally shaped cinnamon tea to treat yeast infection in general.
1st way to use cinnamon for toenail fungus: Application of Cinnamon Oil
- Whenever you apply any oil or other ingredient in their toenails for the treatment of fungal infection, you should clean the area well.
- If the nails have thickened, cut and file them properly.
- If you have broken skin or sensitive skin, dilute cinnamon oil with water. Use 1-2 drops of this oil in water 1 teaspoon. It can also be diluted with a little carrier as olive oil or coconut.
- If you can tolerate the bite of cinnamon oil undiluted applied directly without mixing with water.
- use a cotton ball to apply pure or diluted with oil affected nails.
- Repeat this twice a day.
second way to use cinnamon for toenail fungus: Soaking the feet
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon oil in a bowl full hot water.
- soak your feet in this for about 20 minutes.
- If desired, you can also add a little sea salt to this, but this is entirely optional.
- After soaking, dry your feet and nails completely.
- Do this daily.
third way to use cinnamon for toenail fungus: Have cinnamon tea
- in September tea
- black cinnamon 1 teaspoon cinnamon or cinnamon stick-1 or -1 ½ teaspoon dust-
- Water 1 cup
- Honey (optional) – 1 teaspoon
Do the following:
- Place the black tea, cinnamon stick or what you are using in a pot.
- pour hot water over it.
- Let stand for about 5-7 minutes.
- Strain if necessary, and add honey if used.
- Having this tea twice a day.
Caution :. pregnant and lactating women should avoid taking cinnamon
15. preventive remedies for nail fungus
Most of the time, bad habits in wearing shoes and not take the proper care of feet leads to nail fungus. Here are some tips for you to prevent nail fungus.
- wet socks and shoes are breeding grounds for fungi. Allow the air to reach your feet to prevent warm, moist environment. If prone to nail fungus, you can use open sandals instead of shoes.
- wash socks after each use and wash in hot water.
- sprinkle baking soda into socks and toenails when closed shoes are worn.
- Whenever your feet wet, they dry thoroughly.
Proper foot care can save you from all the discomforts of nail fungus.