Depression is a medical condition caused by an imbalance of chemicals brain, and is characterized by chronic sadness, anxiety, stress, lack of sleep, loss of appetite, and a general lack of interest in life.
Although there are prescription medications that can alleviate these symptoms, which are expensive and come with extreme side effects. You are about to learn how to treat symptoms of depression, use of effective home remedies, affordable natural. Let’s start.
Home Remedies for Depression:
Cardamom is a natural antidepressant.
- Crush 4 seeds of cardamom powder.
- Add ½ teaspoon cardamom powder in a glass of water.
- daily drink.
2. Brazil nuts
Brazil nuts contain selenium, which is a natural antidepressant. Eat regularly, along with other foods containing selenium, such as tuna, swordfish, oysters and sunflower seeds.
German researchers found that garlic lifts the mood. Eat regularly.
4. St. John’s Wort
Research indicates that St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum) is an effective treatment for mild depression. Supplements are available in most supermarkets and drugstores and should be taken at the recommended doses for about 6 weeks. Consult a physician before using.
5. Indian gooseberry
Indian gooseberry is a natural antidepressant.
- Crush 5 Indians and remove seeds currants.
- ground mixture and berries-planting with ½ teaspoon nutmeg to form a paste.
- eat this twice a day to get rid of depression.
cashews contain tryptophan, which is a natural antidepressant. Cashews eat regularly.
- Use a blender to grind powder.
- Stir a teaspoon of powder in a cup of warm milk.
- Drinking every day.
7. Light therapy
Seasonal affective disorder is a type of depression suffered by people living in areas where it is dark for nearly 24 hours a day during the winter. Light therapy simply means exposure to light that mimics sunlight for 15 minutes to an hour each day. This therapy does not cure depression, but helps relieve symptoms.
Coffee can lift the mood when consumed in moderate amounts. Do not drink more than 2 cups a day, because it can worsen anxiety.
9. Brahmi or Ashwangandha
These two Ayurvedic herbs relieve depression. Twice daily, mix 2 tablespoons of brahmi powder or Ashwangandha in a glass of water and drink twice a day.
5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is produced naturally in the body and is used to make serotonin, which improves mood. Taking supplements of 5-HTP, but not combined with prescription antidepressants.
Regular exercise improves mood and overall health. Choose a form of exercise that really interests you and you will be more likely to do it regularly. Is there a sport that has always loved? Have you always wanted to be a dancer or a gymnast? Now is the time to prove it!
Acupuncture has been shown to relieve depression. Find a trained and licensed in your area and visit her regularly professional.
S-adenosyl-L-methionine (commonly known as SAM-e or Sammy) occurs naturally in the body, and increases the levels of serotonin and dopamine. It is available in supplement form in most supermarkets and drugstores. Use at the recommended dose.
14. Ginkgo Biloba
Ginkgo biloba improves mood. It is available in supplement form in most supermarkets and drugstores. Take it regularly, but use only the recommended dose.
15. Healthy diet
As with any other health problem, the resources used for depression and anxiety will be much more effective when combined with a healthy diet.
- eat foods that contain omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon, tuna and herring.
- eat foods that are rich in magnesium, such as pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds, almonds, cashews, beans, legumes, whole grains and green leafy vegetables.
- consume foods containing vitamin C, such as citrus, tomatoes and peppers.
- Get plenty of vitamins B and D.
- drink plenty of water and juices organic fruit and vegetables to stay hydrated.
- eat foods that contain tryptophan, an amino acid that stimulates the release of serotonin. These foods include lean turkey, chicken and milk without.
- Avoid too much sugar.
Other tips to reduce anxiety and depression:
- Establish a daily schedule and stick to it.
- Get enough sleep.
- Stay busy with work, play and other activities.
- Try new things that interest you also helps get rid of depression.
- out with friends.
- When you are in depression, you feel that you can not accomplish anything. Set small goals you know you can achieve.
- to join a support group for further educate himself.
- Writing a diary to her thoughts and feelings instead of keeping them inside.
- avoid drinking and smoking.
- try yoga, meditation and breathing exercises to reduce stress.
- If none of these home remedies that help, consult a doctor.
Have you tried any of these natural remedies for depression and anxiety? Do you know of any other know we have not mentioned? Share your experience with us!