Swollen feet and ankles can be uncomfortable and embarrassing, but there are some wonderful home remedies for this condition include yoga pomelo essential oil , elevation, compression stockings, avoiding salt food parsley , rose, dandelion massage and salt water soaks, among others.
swollen feet and ankles
When you have the swollen feet and ankles can be a painful experience and unsightful, and cause embarrassment or discomfort without any idea of what is causing the problem. However, there are many common causes of ankle and foot swelling , some of which are more serious than others. The swollen area may be around the heel and ankle bones, the top of the foot, and space above the ankle. The area may be swollen and tender to the touch, and this inflammation can often be extreme – even doubling the diameter and standard shape of your ankle or foot. Obviously, this is a relative situation for many people. The most common causes of ankle and foot swelling are the ankles, pregnancy sprain, failure congestive heart , obesity, osteoarthritis, cirrhosis, Achilles tendinitis, premenstrual syndrome and venous thrombosis deep, among others. This condition is also known as edema , although it is a more general term that describes itself as an excess of aqueous liquids that collect in the tissues and body cavities.
While the basic visible symptoms are bad enough, there are secondary symptoms of this condition, which must also be handled, or used to determine the cause of inflammation. Some of these other symptoms may include high blood pressure, swollen hands or wrists, swollen eyes, weight gain or headaches . A doctor should be able to give you a better idea of the root cause behind the swollen feet and ankles, but with the exception of anti-inflammatory medication, not much can be done directly in terms of pharmaceutical treatment . lifestyle changes and natural home remedies are the most important in reducing the swelling in your ankles and feet look. With this in mind, let’s take a more detailed look at some of the best home remedies for swollen ankles and feet look.
15 Home Remedies for Swollen ankles and feet
1. Reduce salt intake – One of the main effects of excess salt has on the body is water retention. When there is excess salt in their diet , your body retains water in much higher concentrations and their desire to urinate decrease. Excess water is stored often in the ankles and feet, causing inflammation. Cut consumption of salty foods and see the swelling is gone! This is also good for heart health, which may be the cause of inflammation in the first place.
2. Massage – dabbing the affected area can be a very effective method of removing or treating inflammation in the ankles and feet. When massaged firmly a part of the body, it increases circulation and reduces swelling, which is often the culprit behind the ankles and feet swollen, especially if they are caused by injury or sprain.
3. Elevation – if elevate your feet , which is having essentially the gravity work for you and remove excess water on the feet and ankles. The liquid is drained slowly, while you are sleeping (pillow under your feet) or rest (legs elevated above your heart), and will be absorbed back into the body or excreted as urine.
4. Yoga – Yoga is known rebalance body metabolism, hormone homeostatic drive and alignment, and improve circulation. It is also a great way to get active without undue effort, and flexibility is improved. All these things can help relieve symptoms of swelling of feet and ankles, and will make even healthier than before!
5. Compression stockings – These socks set essentially prevent fluid from building up in the feet and ankles by applying enough pressure and prevent excess room . You can buy compression socks in most stores, especially maternity stores, such as pregnant women commonly swollen feet and make this solution.
6. Parsley – One of the best natural diuretics is parsley, and when you are suffering from swelling in the extremities, which means it has an excess of fluid in your body. By increasing urine production and preventing fluid accumulation, parsley could be your new favorite herb!
7. Exercise – activity will increase circulation in the body and prevent blood from pooling in the lower extremities. Although not purely inflammation of the blood, a weak circulatory system is unable to efficiently pump blood back legs, resulting in inflammation. Regular jogging or yoga positions that put their legs above the heart are very important for someone treat swollen feet and ankles.
8. grapefruit essential oil – An anti-inflammatory substance is highly potent and grapefruit essential oil can be used in a number of ways to prevent swelling in the feet. Or mix it with a hot bath or mix it with carrier oils and rub directly on the inflamed areas. There are strong anti-inflammatory compounds in grapefruit essential oil that reduce inflammation.
9. Soak salt water – soaking your feet in salt water, although salt is one of the main causes of water retention, it is actually a great way to reduce inflammation . Epsom salt baths are anti-inflammatory and can relieve pain and discomfort that usually accompanies feet and swollen ankles. A simple salt water bath a few times a week can eliminate swelling in a very short time.
10. Dandelion – Being so rich in polyphenols, flavonoids, and potassium , dandelions are great remedies for swelling in the extremities. They are also some of the most powerful natural diuretic, and help increase their rate of urination and expelling the excess water from the body before it can meet feet.
11. Rose – hips This flower may not look it, but Rose are extremely strong diuretic , and flowers and leaves also contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant compounds. This can help treat causal conditions, and also to reduce swelling in the feet and ankles.
12. Quitting Smoking – Smoking is one of the worst things you can do if you suffer from water retention. Which could damage the circulatory system and makes it weaker, and therefore can not pump blood effectively as back of the body’s extremities. The snuff is also linked to obesity, congestive heart failure, diabetes , and a number of other causes of swollen feet and ankles, so stop it!
13. Swimming – A pleasant and effective for treating the ankles and feet swollen exercise is swimming, since there is no impact on the inflamed areas but the body is getting a workout and increases circulatory system . With swollen feet and ankles, jogging can be painful and difficult, but the buoyancy of the water makes it an ideal and painless remedy.
14. Drink more water – The cause of swollen ankles and feet may be excess water, but if the salt content is high, has to be balanced properly and removed . Drinking more water can lead urination, and rebalance the blood and fluid levels in the body; Water also eliminates toxins and supports overall health.
15. Magnesium Supplements – Magnesium is closely linked for renal function and health, so those suffering from edema commonly have chronic magnesium deficiency. You can add magnesium-rich foods like spinach nuts , whole grains, fish and avocados .