Small cavities or hollow spaces in the skull are called sinuses and normally kept filled with air. Your job is to produce mucus and discharge it outside the body collecting bacteria, contaminants and dust particles. The problem begins when the nasal passage becomes inflamed or irritated due to allergies, air pollution, smoke or viral infection such as colds and flu. The easy flow of mucus and air is therefore stagnated leading to bacterial infection. It can be an acute sinus infection or chronic sinus infection. Acute sinusitis lasts seven to ten days and can give headache along with nasal congestion, difficulty in breathing, the thick mucus discolored, facial pressure and pain. Chronic sinusitis is maintained for an extended period, even for four months or more, sometimes occur due to defects in the structure of the nasal passages or nasal polyps. They block the sinuses and prevent them from draining. Structural deformity, you may have to undergo surgery, but other symptoms such as headache, congestion, etc. you can always take the help of home remedies for sinus infection.
Natural remedies for sinus infection
1. Ginger for sinus infection
Ginger is perhaps one of the oldest ingredients that have been used by various civilizations for a variety of ailments. The common ginger we use in our dishes casually contains many useful components including volatile oils, gingerol, shogaols and spicy phenols. Of these, it is believed that phenols and spicy ginger volatile oils to be excellent expectorant. According to the American Journal of Rhinology magazine and Allergy, dietary polyphenols as gingerol, quercetin and EGCG, are able to inhibit secretion of mucus from the respiratory epithelial cells while normal nasal ciliary movement remains. The use of ginger, therefore, can allow easy breathing and comfort of the nasal pressure is due to blocked sinuses. You can use ginger for sinus infection in a variety of ways.
How to use ginger sinus infection?
1st way to use ginger for sinus infection: Ginger tea
- fresh ginger root 1-2 inches piece
- The (preferably boiling) hot water – 1 cup
- Honey (optional) – 1-2 teaspoons
Do the following:
- Grate ginger
- Place the grated ginger in a pot, glass or cup.
- Pour boiling water over the ginger.
- let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and add honey if used. Honey soothe sore throat if accompanies your cold and cough.
- enjoy your ginger for relief of nasal congestion, cough, etc. cold due to sinusitis.
second way to use ginger for sinus infection: Ginger extract
- fresh ginger root 2/1 inch piece
- mortar and pestle
- sieve or cheesecloth
Do the following:
- Mince the ginger into small pieces.
- crush the chopped ginger with the help of mortar.
- Place the ginger crushed in a sieve or cheesecloth.
- With the help of the back of a spoon or fingers press the ginger to extract the juice.
- Take 1-2 teaspoons this ginger extract twice daily.
third way to use ginger for sinus infection: The Compressing Ginger
- fresh ginger root 2-3 inches piece
- The (preferably boiling) hot water – 2-4 cups
- hand towel 1
- Make ginger tea by following the steps given above in the 1st way to use ginger for sinus infection. Do not add honey though.
- Allow the tea to cool slightly. Check your temperature with your finger after some time. If you can tolerate this, the tea is ready for later use.
- Immerse hand towel in hot ginger tea to absorb and soak tea. Now take it out and squeeze to drain excess tea.
- lie on your back and close your eyes.
- place hot towel on your face and breathe deeply.
- Repeat this 4-5 times or until the ginger tea is completely cold.
2. Garlic for sinus infection
Garlic is an antibiotic of nature! Every time you go to the doctor for sinus infection, is given a lot of antibiotics. It is true that these antibiotics kill the bad bacteria, but also kill the good bacteria in your body. You can protect these good bacteria while killing the bad guys with garlic, raw garlic. Yes, if you really want your garlic cloves to work as antibiotics, keep raw and crushed. To crush a clove of raw garlic to activate its anti-bacterial anti-viral component allicin anti-fungal properties, and. So here it is how to use garlic for sinus infection!
How to use garlic for sinus infection?
1st way to use garlic for sinus infection: Garlic inhaler
- raw garlic cloves- 04.05
- water ½ cup
- hot water (optional) – ½ cup
Do the following:
- Take the garlic cloves and soak in water for some time, about 5-10 minutes.
- Now crush the garlic for garlic paste.
- this paste near your nose and inhale while breathing deeply. Most of the time, your nose is blocked so that neither can breathe deeply, nor have any sense of smell. Therefore, the bad smell of garlic will not be obtained and if you can smell, this is a very small price to pay for getting relief from sinus infection.
- Even if you can not breathe deeply, inhaling the fragrance tries (or smell) of garlic paste. This will loosen mucus and help breathing comfortably.
second way to use garlic for sinus infection: Eating raw garlic
There is nothing better than having crushed raw garlic. This can fight your sinus infection effectively. Only 2-3 cloves garlic crushed and swallowed with water. If you can not do this, there are more delicious ways to eat raw garlic.
- Make a paste with 3-4 cloves of garlic. Mix this paste with 1-2 teaspoons of honey. Have this twice a day, five minutes before meals.
- You can also make a juice or soup. Just mix 3-4 cloves garlic with 2 tomatoes. Add the juice of ½-1 lemon and a pinch of sea salt to it.
- Mince the garlic cloves 2-3 and add them to your bread spread. This can be anything from butter mayonnaise. Bread and spread this to have it.
- Include raw garlic, and onions raw, in salads.
- Make a sauce by mixing minced garlic with garlic mashed avocado.
3. Fenugreek seeds for sinus infection
If you are suffering from nasal congestion due to inflammation, you can use fenugreek seeds remedy for sinus. When there is nasal congestion, you may feel sinus pressure in his eyes, cheeks, teeth and forehead, along with sinus headache, cough, decreased or absent sense of smell and taste, as well as drip post nasal. post-nasal drip is the continuous drip of mucus in the back of the throat that can lead to a sore throat, cough and bad breath. All this is due to membranes engorgement. Fenugreek herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties that can give relief from the discomfort. You need to make tea of fenugreek seeds for this.
How to make fenugreek seeds Tea for sinus infection Remedy?
- 2-3 teaspoons fenugreek seeds
- Water 1 cup
Do the following:
- Add fenugreek seeds to water.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- boiling water until it is reduced to half its original amount.
- Strain and drink this tea.
- this fenugreek tea 2-3 times a day until you get relief from your sinus infection.
4. Mustard seeds for sinus infection
Did you know that mustard seeds have enough heat in them that can relieve congestion! This is probably the reason why these hot seeds have been used in plasters pectoris. Not only this, mustard seeds, when applied externally, it can even deplete the nerve cells of substance P, a chemical that has the function of transmitting pain signals to the brain. This herb has anti-fungal properties as well. So, why not use it to reduce nasal congestion, pain and fungal infection if your sinusitis is caused by a fungus!
Using mustard seeds for sinus infection ?
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Water 1 cup
- Dropper- 1
Do the following:
- Add the mustard seeds for the glass of water.
- Boil the water until it is reduced to half its quantity.
- let it cool.
- When only a little heat, use the eyedropper to pour this water 3-4 drops of mustard in their nostrils.
- Namely clear your nasal passages.
5. Mustard oil for sinus infection
Mustard oil is a natural antimicrobial. According to the Journal of Food Science, certain components of mustard oil have been found effective against a variety of bacteria such as Salmonella, Shigella, Listeria and Staphylococcus.
How to use mustard oil for infection breasts?
- With the help of a dropper, pour 1-2 drops of mustard oil in their nostrils.
- You can also take 2 drops of mustard oil in his palm and extract this oil through the nostril. Repeat with the other nostril. This remedy can instantly give your blocked nose and pain relief.
6. cumin seeds for sinus infection
cumin seeds have been used in many systems of traditional medicine in the world, especially in Ayurveda, folk medicine India. Ayurvedic scriptures categorized as cold cumin seeds in action and light, dry and slightly warm in nature. They can submit mucus in your body. Not only reduce the formation of mucus, but also cure inflammation and therefore are a good remedy for sinusitis.
How to use cumin seeds for sinus infection?
1st way to use the cumin seeds for breast: roasted cumin Paste
- cumin 1 teaspoon seeds-
- Honeywell 1 teaspoon
Do the following:
- dry roasted cumin seeds .
- grind roasted cumin seeds to get their dust.
- Add the cumin powder to honey and mix well.
- Having this paste once each day.
second way to use seeds cumin for breast: cumin Decongestant
- teaspoon cumin seeds-1
- perforated cotton fabric / voile / chiffon
Do the following:
- Place the cumin seeds in a fabric that is woven loosely or one with small holes.
- Lace fabric loosely.
- this cloth near your nose and inhale to get the fragrance of cumin seeds.
- This is beneficial in opening blocked nasal passages due to inflammation.
7. black cumin seeds for sinus infection
black cumin seeds are derived from Nigella sativa plants and are also known as the seeds of Nigella or Kalonji. It is an anti-inflammatory substance and very effective natural analgesic. black seed oil contains many chemical plants such as beta-sterols, carotenes, oleic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic, stearic and melathin and volatile oil nigellone call. This oil has potent antioxidant, analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-fungal, anticonvulsant, angiogenesis antihistamine, anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic and anti-tumor expectorative, hemolytic and immune stimulating properties. You can use black cumin seeds or oil to get relief in case of sinusitis.
Using seeds Black cumin infection the breasts?
- Take 1 teaspoon of black cumin seeds and place on a clean cloth, preferably a perforated cotton cloth. This fabric tie or wrap loosely. Bring near the nose and inhale the fragrance for relief.
- If oil black cumin seeds used, mix half a teaspoon of this oil in hot water and inhale the steam.
8. Canela for sinus infection
The aromatic herb sweet cinnamon spice tasting is antibacterial, antiseptic and antiviral. It has been traditionally used to treat respiratory problems such as sore throat, flu, nasal congestion and sore throat. The chemicals in cinnamon bark, such as eugenol and cinnamaldehyde can destroy harmful bacteria that cause sinus infection. Not only this, cinnamon is also anti-inflammatory and may give inflamed sinus relief that makes their airways narrow and leave you with breathing difficulties. In order to use the resources of cinnamon to soothe the lining of the sinuses and get rid of mucus.
ways to use cinnamon for sinus infection
- Mix ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon honey and have this day to clear blocked sinuses and relieve chronic cough and colds.
- can also mix 1-2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder with a little water to make a paste. Apply this paste all over the forehead and nose to clear clogged sinuses.
9. Home Essential oils diffuser sinus infection
You just read the benefits of cinnamon for cleaning your blocked sinus. When cinnamon oil is mixed with some other essential oils and make a diffuser, you can actually get immediate relief of nasal congestion not only, but also the sinus headache. This is a recipe for a diffuser such home using cinnamon, cloves and thyme essential oils which all have anti-bacterial properties.
- cinnamon essential oil 1-2 drops
- Thyme essential oil 1-2 drops
- clove essential oil 1-2 drops
- water to fill a pan
Do the following:
- boil water in a pot and put the flame.
- Add all essential oils of this hot water.
- tilt your face to the pan while sitting straight is.
- I drapé towel over his head and cover skillet way the steam from the pot could be inhaled by you.
- inhale the steam for a few minutes.
- Repeat 3-5 times a day.
This is one of the best remedies for sinus infection and also for bronchitis. This also cure any headache or ear pain caused due to sinusitis.
10. Horseradish for sinus infection
The horseradish root herb has been traditionally used as mucolytics to cure sinus infection. Mucolytics loosen mucus and help in proper sinus drainage. Therefore, horseradish makes itself as one of the best remedies for nasal congestion. The antibiotic properties horseradish may be the result of its high sulfur content. While it has been recognized as a safe herb for internal and external use, you should always start with smaller amounts.
Using Horseradish for Sinus Infection?
Start with lower doses as low as ¼ teaspoon.
- grate fresh horseradish root for ¼ teaspoon of grated grass.
- Place the grated horseradish root in the mouth and hold it there until the moment do not feel its flavor for longer.
- After all the flavor is gone, swallowing what remains in your mouth.
Thus, horseradish components begin to loosen mucus and drain immediately by the throat. Not only will you feel relief from the pressure, but also will get rid of the sinus infection.
11. Onion for sinus infection
For the same reason that horseradish is good remedy for sinus infection, onion is also good for cleaning your blocked sinuses. Yes, onion is also rich in sulfur and therefore can be used to get rid of sinusitis. This is probably also why mourn while chopping onions. The chemical compound quercetin in onions has antihistamine and anti-inflammatory properties which makes the raw onion effective in clearing congested sinuses.
Using onion sinus infection?
- If you have only a mild infection of the sinuses, chop some onions himself while cooking. This will make your eyes water and nose and nasal passages run being canceled.
- If you do not like it this way because of irritation from unwanted eyes, you can cut onions into thin slices and add to boiling water. Boil for about 5-7 minutes and then inhale the steam.
- can also add chunks of raw onion to the hot broth or make a clear onion soup. Take this broth or soup in a cup and sip. While inhaled vapor that while breathing near the cup, also raw onions for additional cleaning benefit consumed outside the breast.
12. Apple cider vinegar for sinus infection
apple cider vinegar (ACV), one of the almost magical remedies for hundreds of ailments can also come to help with sinus infection! Vinegar breaks down mucus in your body to give relief of chronic sinusitis. The content of potassium rich ACV also helps get rid of nasal discharge. It also has antimicrobial properties that kill to get rid of the sinus infection.
Using vinegar apple for sinus infection?
- try taking apple cider vinegar (ACV) as experiencing the onset of allergy or cold, such as sinus, nasal congestion or watery head, etc.
- Mix 1/8 to 1/4 cup (2-4 tablespoons) ACV with 16 ounces (about 2 cups) water. Drink this water throughout the day.
- can also swallow undiluted ACV, about 1-2 tablespoons of it, at the same time. This, however, will give you a burning sensation in the throat, but can immediately clear the nasal passages.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water. Use this water to rinse the nasal cavities. You can use the Neti pot for the purpose.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of ACV to a bowl of hot water. Now inhale the steam.
- Take 2tbs of apple cider vinegar, raw 1tbs lemon juice and 8 ounces of water. You can also add 1tbs honey (optional). Take this mixture 3 times a day and see an immediate result. You can also use this home remedy to cure acne / pimples , digestive problems and sore throat
13. Echinacea for sinus infection
Echinacea herb belonging to the sunflower family has been long used by native Americans to treat colds and flu. It has also become recognized as an effective treatment for sinus infection remedy because of its strong antibacterial properties. As echinacea also strengthens the immune system, which is thought to be a better option to kill the bacteria or viruses that do not easily return.
Click Echinacea Tea for Sinus Infection Remedy
- echinacea- 1 teaspoon dried
- boiling water 1 ½ cups
Do the following:
- boil water.
- Add echinacea to boiling water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain and drink the tea.
- Have 4-6 cups of echinacea tea daily to get relief from sinus infection.
If you take any medication, it is best to consult your doctor before taking any herbal remedy for sinus infection.
14. Oregano oil for sinus infection
Among the many components of oregano oil derived from medicinal herb, the two components-carvacrol and thymol are of great therapeutic value. These components make oregano oil antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antispasmodic and antiseptic. Not only oregano oil fight infections, pain and inflammation, but also strengthens your immune system. Along with many other diseases, oregano oil is effectively used to treat sinus infections as well.
ways to use oregano oil for sinus infection
- Dilute 1-2 drops of oregano oil with 1-2 teaspoons of water and keep this under your tongue.
- mix a few drops of oregano oil with olive oil and rub on the forehead, nose to open blocked sinuses and nasal passages.
- Add 2-3 drops of oregano oil for hot water and inhale the steam.
The aforementioned home herbal remedies for sinus infection that speak of several natural ingredients that can give relief of symptoms of sinusitis and infections. You need to deal with them one by one and find out the exact remedy that works for your sinus infection!
urinary infection tamil | pankaj phatak for sinus |