If you can not stop the urge to snack scalp occasionally, you need to give serious thought! itchy scalp is not only uncomfortable and embarrassing in some social situations, but is also a danger to the health of your scalp and skin. You can become itchy scalp due to fungi, ringworm, yeast, and even parasites, lice popular. If not so, because these microbes or lice, your itchy scalp could have been caused by dandruff or dry skin. Sometimes his grave also because they can be caused by psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis shown himself as red spots with large, yellow, fat flakes that can form crusts on the scalp. If not controlled in time, this may affect the face and ears, armpits, groin, and even in the chest! Less serious causes for itchy scalp include inadequate cleaning, washing and peeling. The scalp may also react to some products like shampoo or other things that are used in hair. If your diet lacks vitamins B and D, and zinc as well as good fats, then you may also suffer from itchy scalp.
When you go to your doctor, he will prescribe anti-fungal drugs and anti-fungal shampoos, etc or other medications or supplements based on the cause behind itchy scalp. The good news is that there are many natural ingredients that can help get rid of the itchy scalp. These home remedies for itchy scalp that talk of such natural things.
home remedies for itchy scalp
1. tea tree oil The best home remedy for itchy scalp
For centuries, tree oil tea has been used for dandruff, dry hair and itchy scalp and not in vain! The terpinene-4-ol component gives the tea tree oil to its strong antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory. fungi and bacteria that cause overproduction of skin cells leading to dandruff are removed. It also clears clogged hair follicles to release itchy scalp.
ways to use oil tea tree for itchy scalp
- If you can stand the strong oil composition tea tree, use undiluted. Take 5-10 drops of this oil and gently massage the scalp.
- If your skin is too sensitive, dilute the tea tree oil with a little baby shampoo. Add 10-20 drops of tea tree oil to 1/2 cup baby shampoo. Use this day to wash the scalp and hair to get rid of the itchy scalp.
- You can even massage oil diluted tea tree on the scalp. Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil to 1 tablespoon of carrier oil such as jojoba, olive, coconut or almond oil. Massaging the scalp with this newspaper. Leave the oil mixture for 1-2 hours before washing the hair off with a mild shampoo.
- For method even easier, buy shampoo tea tree oil, especially when your itchy scalp has begun to give a lot of problems due to dandruff. In applying this shampoo for the scalp, wait at least one minute before washing it off with water. Use it daily or every other day to cure itchy scalp.
- can also make a mouthwash with tea tree oil. Add 5-10 drops of tea tree oil in enough water to wash the scalp and hair. After shampooing, wash your hair with this water. Use this as the last rinse water. You can use running water to wash away the shampoo properly and then use this tea tree oil mixed water.
[ See also: simple and effective home remedies for dry hair ]
2. Aloe Vera Soothes itchy scalp
aloe vera gel has antipruritic properties which means it can relieve itching. Aloe gel has glycoproteins in it. Among its many functions, these glycoproteins also moisturize well, as they are a great lubricant and protective agent. Not only this, aloe vera gel also has antibacterial and antifungal to treat scalp against fungi and yeast properties. When the aloe vera gel on the scalp, which is deeply absorbed by the scalp is applied, because it also contains lignin. As if all this were not enough, the enzymes in the aloe vera gel also exfoliate dead skin cells and amino acids in it to facilitate the growth of healthy tissue. Therefore, it gives you a clean scalp with hair strong and shiny.
Using Aloe Vera Gel for itchy scalp
- sheet Aloe vera
- bought gel shop aloe
Do the following:
- If you have an aloe leaf, cut a piece of it and slide open with a knife.
- remove the inner gel of the same.
- wash your hair with shampoo and warm water so that no dirt or oil stays there.
- Take about 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Massage this into your scalp.
- leave it there for 5-10 minutes.
- rinse hair.
3. Remedy sesame oil for treating itchy scalp
Sesame oil can help combat dry scalp to relieve itching. It has soothing and calming properties. Sometimes when the heat, such as sunburn, damaged hair follicles, sesame oil can come to your rescue and work as a refrigerant that works from within. moisture is locked inside and thus prevents dryness. If the itching is due to lice, then sesame oil also can help through its anti-bacterial properties. You can add other essential oils to treat head lice and get rid of the itching.
How to use sesame oil for itchy scalp
- sesame oil 1 -2 tablespoons
- lemon juice (optional) – a few drops
- hot towel (optional)
Do the following:
- Heat sesame oil to be warm (not hot).
- MASSAGE some warm sesame oil on the scalp for about 10 minutes before going to bed every night.
- After massaging, can wrap your head in a warm towel and leave for another 10 minutes before bedtime. However, this is an optional step. You can omit the use of a hot towel wrap.
- If a hot towel is used, remove the towel and let the oil be there overnight, as well moisturize the area.
- Wash the scalp and hair in the morning.
- Do this daily until you get relief from itching of the scalp.
- can also add a little lemon juice to heat the sesame oil before the massage on the scalp. This will add to the treatment of dryness of your scalp.
4. Coconut oil is a good remedy for itchy scalp
itchy scalp dry is benefited greatly by coconut oil, as moisturizes the skin very well and can also help reduce redness and irritation. The antibacterial properties of coconut oil combat folliculitis, an infection of the hair follicles, as well as other fungal infections such as ringworm of the scalp. These are the main causes of itching as also explained above. Coconut oil not only relieves the itching of the scalp caused by dandruff, but can also soothe cradle cap in infants. It is safe to use oil for babies too. In fact, you can use coconut oil not only to treat itching of the scalp, but to avoid completely. When the hair is washed every day, the fat lost leading to dry hair and frizzy. When coconut oil, which acts as a protective barrier to keep the smooth silky hair and itch free is also used!
Using coconut oil for itchy scalp
- coconut oil 3-5 tablespoons
Do the following:
- Heat the oil to be warm (not hot). Although this is optional. Coconut oil at normal temperature also works well. Heating becomes essential place when coconut oil is solid. However, every time you take it in your hands, melted by the heat of the body as well.
- The massage oil on the scalp and hair roots.
- Do this for at least 10 minutes.
- wrap your head in a towel or shower cap and leave the oil to soak for 2-3 hours.
- may also leave it overnight.
- shampooing and water.
5. Lemon juice is used to treat itchy scalp Well
The low pH of lemon juice makes it an excellent antibacterial agent and is why if your itchy scalp is the result of some microbes can help you. Lemon juice can then treat your scalp itchy and dry. However, do not use if your skin is broken as this may cause stinging.
ways to use lemon juice for itchy scalp
- Take 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and massage it into the scalp directly. Now rinse with water. Now take a teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it in a cup of water. Rinse your hair again with this solution. Do this every day until you get rid of itchy scalp.
- Or you can just apply fresh lemon juice on the scalp. You may even dilute the lemon juice with a little water, especially if you do not suffer from dandruff. Leave it there for about 5-10 minutes and then wash your hair with shampoo.
- There is a way, the mixture of lemon juice with yogurt. Add 5-10 drops of fresh lemon juice with 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt. Apply this to your scalp, leave for 5-10 minutes and wash with a mild shampoo. Repeat daily until you get rid of itchy scalp and dryness there.
6. Baking soda to get rid of itchy scalp
As mentioned above, the lack of exfoliation also leads to itchy scalp through the accumulation of dead cells and skin flakes, etc. Sodium bicarbonate is an exfoliating agent known that excellently clean your skin, your scalp as well. In addition, the alkaline nature helps balance the pH level of your scalp to relieve itching you.
How to use baking soda for itchy scalp
- Baking soda and 2-3 tablespoons
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
Do the following:
- massage the scalp with olive oil well.
- Now mix some water in the baking soda to make a paste.
- Apply this to your itchy scalp.
- Wait for about 15 minutes.
- Now wash with water.
7. Remedy apple cider vinegar itchy scalp
Apple cider vinegar also balances the pH levels of your scalp that helps relieve itching and there dryness. It disinfects the scalp to kill the fungus that causes dryness. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, vinegar also reduces inflammation resulting from dry and itchy scalp. The acetic acid in vinegar apple cider also makes it a natural cleanser that removes buildup on the scalp. Not only opens clogged pores but also acts as a mild conditioner to give hair shine. What else, alpha hydroxy acids in apple cider vinegar and exfoliates the upper layers of the skin and cure scalp psoriasis, even!
ways to use apple cider vinegar for itchy scalp
- Add 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup of water. Pour this solution into a spray bottle. Now she sprays the hair and scalp with it. Saturate your scalp and then wrap your head with a towel. Leave for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Then wash with water.
- If you suffer from itchy scalp due to excessive dryness, try this. Wash your hair with water. Taking apple cider vinegar in a bowl and dip a cotton ball or wash cloth in it. Now apply the solution to your scalp. Leave on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse.
- Add a handful of rosemary to three cups of water and bring to a boil. Then simmer in the position of slow cooking for about 30-45 minutes. Strain and let cool. Once cooled, half ass cup vinegar apple cider and 10 drops each of essential oils of rosemary and mint. Mix well and this solution is poured into a spray bottle. Spritz your hair and scalp with it after washing your hair with shampoo. Wait one minute and wash with water. Will moisturize the scalp and relieve dryness that causes itchy scalp.
8. Avocado Banana Mask for itchy scalp
If excessive dryness and dandruff is the root cause of your itchy scalp, try some nutritious fruits and creates moisturizing masks for hair and scalp. One such mask is made with banana and avocado. Bananas not only cure itchy scalp, but also condition the hair. The excellent nourishing and moisturizing properties of bananas treat dandruff and inflammation so get rid of the itchy scalp. The same is true of avocado too. The various nutrients of fatty avocado moisturize the scalp and hair to cure itchy scalp. When these two are combined together, work wonders for your scalp health.
How to mask banana avocado for itchy scalp
- banana – 1-2
- avocado- mature 1
Do the following:
- Mash bananas and ripe avocado.
- Mix both well.
- Apply this to your hair and scalp.
- Leave it there for about 30 minutes.
- Wash with shampoo and water.
9. The onion juice by Itchy Scalp
Onion juice has traditionally been used in many countries to stimulate hair growth, especially for Ayurvedic medicine from India. It has natural ingredients that help stimulate the hair follicles and scalp clean. It also stimulates blood circulation and leads to the roots of strong and healthy hair. In particular, it can relieve itchy scalp caused by dandruff due to its natural antibacterial properties. Its anti-fungal properties is very effective against dandruff and ringworm. It also provides the scalp with certain important nutrients like vitamins C and B6, potassium, magnesium, germanium and sulfur. We read above deficiency of certain nutrients also cause itchy scalp.
[ Do not miss – How to prevent dandruff Naturally ]
Using onion juice for itchy scalp
- olive oil (optional ) – 1-2 tablespoons
Do the following:
- Grind or grate the onion and then extract their juice.
- take about 2-3 tablespoons of onion juice.
- Apply this to your scalp thoroughly.
- If however, the onion juice undiluted seems to be very strong and can not stand the smell, mixed with a little olive oil and then massage the scalp.
- is left for half an hour.
- shampooing and water.
10. Banana-honey-onion juice mask for itchy scalp
Honey has been known as a great natural moisturizer that contains these enzymes that help block where moisture is applied. When applied to your scalp, so be sure to treat dry without any concern as it also has natural antibiotic properties. This mask also uses banana juice and onions, both of which have been seen as beneficial ingredients for itchy scalp in our previous solutions.
How to make honey-banana-onion mask Juice
- ripe banana 1
- onion juice – 2 tablespoons
- Honeywell 2 tablespoons
Do the following:
- Mash bananas.
- Add onion juice and honey to the mashed banana.
- Mix well and apply this mask to your scalp.
- Leave for about 20 minutes.
- then wash the hair with water and shampoo.
- Do this every day or 2-3 times a week until you get rid of itchy scalp.
11. Lavender oil for itchy scalp
There are many essential oils that have many properties to cure itchy scalp. One of these oils is lavender oil. Lavender oil is a highly absorbable oil. It can therefore be metabolized by the body very quickly. This makes lavender oil oil good therapeutic for various diseases, including dry scalp, itchy.
Using lavender oil for itchy scalp
- essential lavender – 5 drops
- jojoba oil 1 teaspoon
Do the following:
- Mix lavender essential oil with oil jojoba
- Apply this thoroughly on the scalp.
- massage oil mixture on the scalp for about 15 minutes.
- Leave for about 5-10 minutes.
- Wash your hair and scalp with a mild shampoo.
12. Eucalyptus oil for itchy scalp
Eucalyptus oil has antiseptic properties and natural antifungal that can help fight infections. It also prevents the construction of the waste to avoid clogged pores that can not cope with the problems of dryness, dandruff and itchy scalp. It also relieves symptoms associated with mild psoriasis.
Using eucalyptus oil for itchy scalp
- White vinegar 3-4 tablespoons
- Eucalyptus oil 1 teaspoon
- cups water 5/4
Do the following:
- Combine vinegar, eucalyptus oil and water. Mix well
- Now rinse your hair with this solution so that the solution completely covers the scalp.
- wash your hair with a mild shampoo and water.
13. Neem oil for itchy scalp
The Neem grass or Indian lilac has been used for centuries by Ayurveda to relieve intense itching in leather haired. The medicinal properties excellent anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-septic avoid neem oil compilations and release of histamine and therefore cure inflammation.
Using neem oil for itchy scalp
- Neem oil 4-8 drops
- carrier oil (optional; coconut or olive oil) – 1-2 teaspoons
Do the following:
- massage neem oil directly to the scalp.
- may also be diluted with carrier oil and then massage it into your scalp.
- Leave for about 15 minutes.
- If lice are causing itchy scalp, let the oil remain on the hair for about an hour. Also not be diluted in this case.
- Wash with mild shampoo and water.
can also mix two to three drops of neem oil to your shampoo every time you wash your hair.
14. Mixture of essential oils to cure itchy scalp
can even mix all the beneficial oils and get the maximum benefit from them. For example, you can mix the above three oils- lavender, eucalyptus and neem oil and massage the scalp with it. You can even use other essential oils to get relief from severe itching. This is one of those recipes blend of essential oils to relieve intense itching of the scalp. This relaxing blend is particularly useful for scalp itching caused by psoriasis.
- Neem oil 2-3 drops
- tea tree oil 4-5 drops
- Romero 2-3 drops of oil
- lavender oil 1-2 drops
- carrier oil (olive, almond, wheat germ oil or coconut oil) – 3 teaspoons
Do the following:
- Take all essential oils. Combined must make 1 teaspoon of the mixture of essential oils.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of essential oils of your choice of carrier oil.
- gently massage the scalp with this oil.
- Leave all the time you want and then wash with mild shampoo and water to get rid of itchy scalp.
Some tips for reducing Over itchy scalp
is better to avoid itchy scalp in the first place so it is not necessary to use home remedies. Here are tips to prevent, itchy dry scalp.
1. Continue changing their hair products
When certain product is used for a long time, leading to an accumulation in the scalp. This may be due in part to the stubborn chemicals or other components in the products that will not leave the scalp howsoever effectively washed hair. Therefore, always change your hair cosmetics such as shampoo, conditioners, oils, hair gels, etc. When a new product is changed, try it at least 15-20 days before forming any opinion about later use. If your skin or scalp is too sensitive, you can even choose the baby shampoo, as they are usually very mild and do not face any problem of dry scalp when a mild shampoo such is used.
2. Buy products for chemical alcohol free hair
If your shampoo contains alcohol, dry scalp resulting in an itchy scalp. While it is a good habit to change shampoo and other hair cosmetics often it is equally important to buy alcohol-free products. You should also avoid applying chemicals to your hair. At least, choose those products that are made less chemicals
3. Dry hair properly after washing
Each time the hair is washed, dried completely. If you tie your wet hair, which will lead to the accumulation of waste in the scalp. wet and humid environment is a breeding ground for microbes such as fungi. If you do not want any fungal infection of the scalp, hair dries properly every time.
4. Brush your hair regularly
Hair Brushing helps in proper blood circulation which means healthy hair and scalp as well. In addition, when the teeth, aids natural oil secreted by hair follicles evenly distributed throughout the scalp brush. This prevents buildup. Therefore, they not face the problems associated with pores or dander, etc. This in turn saves you from itchy scalp covered.
5. Protect your head against sunburn
When you take care of the face and skin from other parts of the body, why not think of the scalp ? Yes, she is also affected by the sun and sunburn of the scalp is sure to give you an irritating itch along with other annoyances. Cover your head with scarf, hat, cap or umbrella when going to the sun. This is especially important if you frequently suffer from sunburn.
6. Keep hair and scalp clean lice
Lice have already been discussed above in the section of remedies as a cause of itchy scalp. However, you also need to know if you do not take enough care to keep your head clean, you can make your head a breeding ground for lice. They feed on dead skin cells and all debris and waste accumulation. Wash your hair regularly and dry thoroughly to keep away the lice. However, if you notice lice or their eggs in your hair, take steps to clean them with remedies, medications etc. Medicated lice shampoos may also be useful in a situation of this kind.