Commonly confused as migraine or tension headaches, sinus headaches , a side effect of sinusitis, occur when the lining of the sinus membrane becomes swollen and inflamed and pressure around the eyes, cheeks and forehead. This causes pain and can make the affected area sensitive to touch.
Other symptoms of sinus headaches, which can worsen with movement and activity, include fever, congestion, fatigue, cough, sore throat, runny nose, and a decreased ability to smell and taste.
home remedies for sinus headache:
Try these natural home remedies for relief of sinus headaches.
A balanced diet is good, many health and beauty, strengthens the body’s immunity and fight infection.
- frequently drink liquids to hydrate your body. nostrils become engorged when the airways become inflamed and can not drain. Liquid pressure and decrease inflammation. In addition, consumption of hot water opens the sinuses and reduces inflammation, providing better relief than cold water sinus headache.
- Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants that fight sinus infections and stimulate the immune system. Eat foods rich in vitamin C, such as oranges, lemons, pineapples, broccoli, strawberries, currants, cauliflower, and pomegranates. Drinking tea rich in vitamin C like lemon or lemon green tea. You can also take a daily supplement of vitamin C.
- hot soups help with nasal congestion and reduce inflammation, the immune system heal quickly. Add pepper to the soup for added relief.
- Spicy foods help with nasal congestion, providing relief from sinus headaches. Try to eat Mexican food or Thai. jalapenos are so spicy that will bring tears to your eyes, but quickly drain the sinuses and provide additional relief.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages that may result in the sinuses and nasal tissue swelling.
2. hot and cold compress
hot and cold compresses help relieve blocked sinuses and reduce inflammation.
- Apply a hot compress on the affected area for 3 minutes.
- Replace immediately with a cold compress for 30 seconds.
- Repeat. 3 – 5 times a day for best results
Ginger contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that cure sinus headaches.
- Cut fresh ginger root into slices and boil in water for 10 minutes.
- drink water while hot.
- Repeat regularly for best results.
- . Note: Alternatively thoroughly chew the root or take any supplement form
Neti pots increase the drainage and reduce swelling and pressure in the nasal passages that cause sinus headaches.
- Fill a neti pot with a solution of warm salt water (saline).
- tilt your head to one side while hovering over the sink.
- Place the Neti pot at the opening of the upper nostril.
- Lift the pot until the water flows through the upper to the lower nostril nostril. Remember to breathe through your mouth.
- blow your nose and repeat with the other nostril.
- Repeat twice a week for best results.
Acupressure, the art of applying pressure to certain areas, relieves sinus pressure and headaches. Try this at home by applying pressure to the thumb and index finger meet.
steam clears the nasal passages and relieves nasal congestion, soothe the mucous membrane.
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- place a towel over your head and inhale the steam for 5 -. 10 minutes
- Repeat regularly for best results.
- . Note: Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and peppermint oil to relieve the aggregate
7. saline spray
saline spray moisturizes and soothes the nasal cavity congestion. Make a solution of warm water and salt spray in both nostrils.
This process opens allowing space sinus drainage and gives pain relief. Use your fingers or ask someone to gently massage the painful areas, while she slept. Place your thumbs just above the eyebrows and draw it towards the hairline. Then draw the temples thumbs and lift in the hairline. Continue until the entire region has been massaged his forehead.
Cinnamon is a valuable herb that cures sinus headache effectively.
- Mix a tablespoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of sandalwood powder and water to make a paste.
- correspond to the front.
- Leave for 5 to 8 minutes and rinse with water
- Repeat regularly for best results..
- Wash your hands as often as possible to prevent infection of the upper respiratory tract and sinuses.
- Avoid irritants such as cigarettes, allergens and other air pollutants that cause sinus membranes swell and worsen headaches.
- Use a humidifier or vaporizer to increase humidity in a dry and prevent sinus infection. Overuse can lead to mold growth and dust mites. Always clean the humidifier.
- environment Proper ventilation will reduce the growth of microbes and air fresheners.
- long, hot showers twice a day will open blocked sinuses.
- Rest is important when suffering from sinus headache. Increase your rest to relieve sinus pain and avoid overexertion.
- Try using aromatherapy massage, oil baths or steam inhalation to relieve sinus.
- Consult a doctor if symptoms persist for more than ten days, if you have a fever over 100.5, or if you have multiple sinus infections a year since all these are signs of issues respiratory or sinus health.
Have you tried any of these methods? Do you know of any other method for the treatment of sinus headaches know? Share your experience with us!