hyperthyroidism or overactive thyroid is defined as a condition in which the thyroid gland produce too much of the hormone thyroxine. Energy and accelerates the body’s metabolism very significantly, by causing sudden weight loss, sweating, rapid or irregular heartbeat (palpitations), nervousness or irritability. Do not worry about it, as there are several treatment options available to treat this hyperthyroidism.
Generally, doctors recommend anti drugs – thyroid with radioactive iodine to reduce thyroid hormone production. Or in some cases, it is surgery to remove all or part of the thyroid gland. But make sure that this hyperthyroidism will become a serious problem, if you ignore it without getting timely treatment.
causes some wide variety of signs and symptoms include increased appetite, sudden weight loss (although the appetite and the amount or type of food you eat stays the same or increases), increased appetite, rapid heartbeat (over 100 beats per minute), palpitations, nervousness, anxiety and irritability, sweating, tremors, increased sensitivity to heat, changes in menstrual patterns, enlargement of the thyroid gland (goiter) that appears as swelling at the base of the neck, changes in bowel patterns (which has more frequent bowel movements), thinning skin, trouble sleeping, thin and brittle hair, etc.
We all know that the gland that is present in front of the neck is called thyroid gland, which is the main function of regulating the body’s metabolism through the secretion of T3 hormone (triiodothyronine) and T4 (thyroxine) . The thyroid has some effects on bones, muscles, heart and cholesterol. This Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland becomes overactive and begins therefore more secrets of T3 and T4 in the body amounts.
This hyperthyroidism is usually caused by different reasons, such as due to Graves disease (an autoimmune disorder that attacks itself overactive thyroid gland), excessive intake of iodine, an enlarged thyroid gland (goiter), thyroiditis, abnormal secretion of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), malfunction of the immune system, thyroid nodules (small growth in the thyroid gland). If then causing heart problems and bone untreated and, in certain cases, it leads to a thyroid storm or thyrotoxic crisis.
Anyone can suffer from this hyperthyroidism but this condition occurs almost 8 times more common in women than in men. This thyroid problem usually develops in the late 30s, but its symptoms are more common in women over 60. Although there are many signs of this hyperthyroidism, but is a bit difficult to diagnose the problem quickly but it would be easier to heal and gain control with other medicines, supplements, natural remedies and changes in lifestyle.
Home Remedies for Hyperthyroidism
Follow these natural home remedies that are safe and effective in the treatment of hyperthyroidism.
Bugleweed or Lycopusvirginica is effective for the treatment of hyperthyroidism remedy. This remedy is used especially in the case whenever you are experiencing symptoms such as palpitations, weight loss, difficulty breathing, anxiety and agitation, along with the problem. It works well to reduce the amount of hormone that is produced by the thyroid gland. Bugleweed has lithospermic acid lowers the levels of certain hormones in the thyroid hormone thyroxine (T3) is also included in it.
The presence of this acid also helps prevent the antibodies to bind to cells in the thyroid gland and this overactive also prevents burn out. Several studies have been conducted and proven to help reduce levels of TSH and T4 and impairs the synthesis of thyroid hormone synthesis. Inhibits the production of excess thyroid hormone by restricting thyroid stimulating anti – bodies in Graves’ disease. This bugleweed is able to block or slow down the conversion of T4 to T3. For treatment of the hyperthyroidism, you have to use this Bugleweed in tea and tincture, in which the recipes are explained in detail below.
Method – 1: (Bugleweed tea)
- Dried herb bugleweed – 1/2 to 1 teaspoon (O) Bugleweed tea bag – 1
- hot or boiling water – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Take a cup and good place dry grass or bugleweed tea bag in it.
- Then pour hot water over it and cover it.
- Allow it to steep for about 8 – 12 Barrio
- Now strain the tea into another cup.
- let it sit for a few minutes for it to cool.
- Add honey to it and have this stirring well.
- keep drinking this tea once a day until completely cured hyperthyroidism.
Method – 2: (Bugleweed Tincture)
- tincture Bugleweed – 4 to 8 drops
- juice fruit or water – 1 teaspoon
- Take a small bowl and pour water or fruit juice in it.
- Then add the tincture of Bugleweed falls to it.
- Stir well and place this mixture under the tongue.
- make this process three times a day on a daily basis to get relief from hyperthyroidism.
- However, you have to be patient while after this process, as it takes about a year or two to cure hyperthyroidism, but remember that you can start to feel better within a few days after use this resource continuously.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should not use this herb because it causes some side effects.
- Avoid taking this herb, if you are using or taking some thyroid medications or treatments.
Lemon balm is also the same as bugleweed, as both belong to the mint family. This balm is very effective in curing various problems like migraine headaches, nervousness, hyperthyroidism and hypertension. Blocking receptors for hormones that stimulate the thyroid and this will inhibit the binding TSH thyroid tissues. This also inhibits the binding of self -. Antibodies in Graves’ disease
You can use this lemon balm in tea or tincture form of cure hyperthyroidism. This is also available in capsule form, but be sure to consult the herbalist doctor know the correct dosage before using this balsam in capsules or any other supplement form. Here is the recipe for how to prepare tea lemon balm for the treatment of hyperthyroidism.
- herbs lemon balm – 2 tablespoons
- Hot water – 1 cup
- screen or strainer
- Take a pot and put this herb lemon balm on it.
- Then pour hot water over the herb in the pot.
- Allow to stand for about 5 -. 10 minutes
- Now strain the tea and leave for a few minutes to cool off.
- Having this lemon balm tea to get rid of the problem.
- regulate the intake of this tea for 1 -. 2 times a day on a daily basis until you get rid of hyperthyroidism
Agripalma is another herb belonging to the mint family, is very good at the treatment of hyperthyroidism. This herb does not work directly on the thyroid gland or hormones but helps achieve balance by reducing symptoms that are related to overactive thyroid, such as anxiety, palpitations, insomnia, depression of appetite, etc. This herb also acts as a natural product beta blocker which helps prevent diseases like high heart rate and palpitations. Motherwort can use this as a tea or tincture to get relief from the problem.
Method – 1: (Agripalma tea)
- Agripalma – 1 tablespoon
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Take a glass of herbal tea and set this motherwort on it.
- Then pour boiling water over the herb in the pot.
- cover it and let stand for about 15 -. 20 minutes
- Strain the tea into the cup and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Now they have this tea to get relief from the problem.
- make this process motherwort drinking tea once or twice a day until it is completely relieved from hyperthyroidism.
Method – 2: (Motherwort Tincture)
- tincture Motherwort – 10 to 20 drops
- Take a small bowl and place this dye in it.
- Then add a little water for this dye.
- Stir this mixture well and have to treat hyperthyroidism.
- repeat the same process for twice daily until complete relief of the problem was achieved.
- If you are using any heart medications, then be sure to consult your doctor before using this herb.
4. omega – 3:
We all know that fatty acids are major components of cell membranes and also play a vital role in regulating inflammation through prostaglandins. These prostaglandins act as hormones that perform many important functions in the body such as cell growth. But if you are not in these fatty acids then it becomes more difficult to function normally thyroid gland (again as one above).
Apart from this, its deficiency also leads to inflammation which in turn activates the auto – immune response and therefore releases thyroid antibodies. Therefore prostaglandins produce omega – omega 3 – 6 fatty acids. However omega – 6 is very essential fatty acid for various body functions, but must be well balanced with the sufficient amount of omega – 3. Here are the sources of omega – 3 fatty acids and 6 are given then. Having them regularly to get control of hyperthyroidism.
Omega – 3 fatty acids acid source:
- cold-water fish such as salmon, herring, sturgeon, mackerel, anchovies, etc.
- Grass – animal products fed
Omega – 6 sources fatty acids:
- vegetable oils
But remember to have more omega – 3 instead of omega – 6 fatty acids in your diet why because omega-3 and it is neutral omega – 6 is pro – inflammatory. This means that if you increase omega – 3 of 6 below affects tissues to produce inflammation and if more delay omega – 6 to 3 that increases inflammation. The last thing to know is that inflammation needs to be well regulated to avoid triggers for Graves’ disease.
Gromwell or Lithospermum is another effective herb that is very beneficial for the treatment of overactive thyroid glands. gromwell purple is also called as stoneseed or pearl plant will help maintain thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) under control. Apart from this, gromwell also maintains the auto – antibodies tend to bind to the TSH are under control. You can use this gromwell in the form of tea to treat this hyperthyroidism.
- grass Gromwell – 1 teaspoon
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Take a pot and put this herb in it.
- Then you have to pour boiling water over the herb in the pot.
- Let stand for about 10 -. 15 minutes and then strain the tea using a sieve or colander
- Let cool for a few minutes to warm up.
- Now drink this hot tea to prevent hyperthyroidism.
- keep drinking this hot tea for gromwell. 2 – 3 times a day until it disappears completely hyperthyroidism
- But remember that pregnant women should not take this herb. And also if you are using any medication, then consult your doctor before using this herbal remedy.
6. Valerian Root:
Valerian root herb is well known for its helping properties natural muscle relaxants and sleep. Insomnia is also a common symptom for this hyperthyroidism, as if you have hyperthyroidism, then it becomes difficult to fall asleep or fall into a deep sleep.
This root helps increase gamma – levels aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the body, which is a chemical or neurotransmitter that was used by the nervous system to send certain messages to the brain and so thus it causes the nerves to get calm. This eventually causes sleep without any disturbance or inflammation in the body. Use this valerian root as a tea to get rid of the problem.
- Valerian herb root – 1 teaspoon
- Warm water – 1 cup
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Take a pot and place this root in it.
- Then pour hot water into the pot and cover.
- Allow to stand for about 10 – 15 Barrio
- Strain the tea and add honey (if preferred) in it and mix well.
- finally have this tea before going to bed at night.
- regulate drinking this tea valerian root in every night until relieved of hyperthyroidism.
Passionflower is another herbal remedy used to treat hyperthyroidism by treating insomnia and anxiety. Relaxing the body muscles, it reduces pain, improves mood to sleep and heart rate slows to treat hyperthyroidism by preventing symptoms and strengthening the immune system.
modern medical passionflower Many herbalists use this to treat patients with hyperthyroidism to relieve physical and mental symptoms such as irritability, confusion, insomnia and hand tremors. So to get relief for hyperthyroidism must use this flower as a tea to relieve symptoms that are related to overactive thyroid gland and here is the recipe that explains how to make tea passion flower.
- fresh passionflower – 1 tablespoon (O) dried passionflower – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon balm – 1/4 lemon balm (3 / 4 teaspoon of passion flower)
- boiling water – 1 cup
- muslin bag or tea infuser
- Take a tea infuser or muslin bag and place herbs (both passionflower and lemon balm) on it.
- Then place this infusion group or a muslin bag in the cup.
- Now add hot water to it and allow it to steep for about 5 -. 10 minutes
- Remove the muslin bag or tea and have this tea an hour before going to bed at night.
- repeat this process regularly overnight until complete relief of the problem is obtained.
- pregnant and lactating women should have to avoid taking this herb.
- If you are using any anti – depression or anti -. Anxiety medicines and then consult your doctor before taking this herb
Goitrogens are natural substances that are easily found in various foods (especially vegetables cruciferous). This substance works as a natural anti – thyroid drugs, because it effectively delays the thyroid through many ways. Inhibits the body’s ability to use iodine or otherwise process in which iodine becomes thyroid hormones stops.
However, at times, actually it inhibits the secretion of thyroid hormone. So follow the below mentioned food list and have them to get relief from hyperthyroidism, remember that these foods are more beneficial if eaten raw only.
- Brussels sprouts
- Bok Choy
- mustard greens
9. Indian gooseberry or Amla:
amla or Indian gooseberry is highly effective in treating many health and beauty including this hyperthyroidism. This shows effects improve the thyroid gland and this in turn helps control the production of thyroid hormones. Thus the problem of overactive thyroid heals.
Here is the process to follow to get rid of hyperthyroidism.
- powder of Indian gooseberry
- Take a small bowl and pour a certain amount of Indian gooseberry in it.
- Then add enough honey to it.
- Mix well to make it a thick paste.
- Consume this paste in the morning before breakfast.
- follow this process regularly in the morning time until it reaches cure this overactive thyroid gland.
Consumption of soy in moderate amount is very effective in the treatment of hyperthyroidism. However, for those whose who are suffering from this hyperthyroidism has two types of views in the consumption of soy products. One view says that this soy is a rich source of isoflavones and proteins that can suppress thyroid functions.
However, some experts believe that the isoflavone genistein is much more effective than some of the hyperthyroidism drugs in the case of inhibition of thyroid function. According to the study conducted on animals it has shown that the average consumption of moderate or soya sterols reduce the intensity of hyperthyroidism, but higher doses will have the effect of an opposite way. Upon reaching the other view, it is said that the people who are suffering from this hyperthyroidism should not take this soy because it increases the problem.
There is some evidence that others say about soy interference with the absorption of thyroid hormone. So it would be better to have a bit of soy products like 1 – 2 ounce of soy for a period of two to three months. Or you can also have a small amount of tofu or soy milk. Finally, the relationship between soy and hyperthyroidism is not very clear, so its best to consult a doctor before taking these soy products, especially if you are using thyroid hormone medications.
11. Sea Vegetables:
Sea vegetables is a rich source of iodine that is very mineral essential for thyroid health, as this iodine naturally present in vegetables sea help normalize the thyroid – related disorders, such as congestion of the lymphatic system and obesity. All these marine plants have a rich amount of vitamin K, B -. Folic acid, iron, calcium and magnesium
So include these sea vegetables such as kombu, kelp, arame, palm sea, nori, hijiki, palm sea, etc., which are readily available in dry forms in any grocery store. You can use these marine plants simply cut, crushed or shredded and mixed in any of the mixture, such as pizzas, rice, soups, stews, sauces and salads. Include these vegetables in your daily diet to get relief from overactive thyroid gland.
The berries are generally high in vitamins and several anti – oxidants that help reduce inflammation of the thyroid gland by strengthening the immune system. So you can include different kinds of berries such as blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, etc., in your daily diet for at least a portion of these berries in every day to get relief from the problems of hyperthyroidism.
Oatmeal is very effective in healing hyperthyroidism fighting weakness and exhaustion caused due to this excess secretion of hormones by the thyroid gland in the body. These excess thyroid hormones increase the body’s metabolic rate and also increases the activity of the sympathetic nervous system.
Therefore, it increases stress levels and leads to fatigue in the body. So to address this problem, you have to take the oats, which has the mild stimulant and tonic property also effective nerves in the nervous weakness. Therefore, they have 1 -. 2 servings of this oatmeal in your daily diet to completely eliminate hyperthyroidism
Hawthorn is a European medicine widely used to treat cardiovascular benefits. It has also tested by both conventional and modern studies has been shown to have positive effects on coronary blood flow, anti – inflammatory, uses of energy and combating -. oxidant properties that help treat the symptoms of cardio involving conditions of hyperthyroidism
vitamins and essential for Hyperthyroidism minerals:
All mentioned vitamins below and minerals are very effective in treating and preventing this hyperthyroidism. So they include them either in your diet or take it as a supplement.
Free radicals are one of the main causes of overactive thyroid gland. What intake of vitamin C which is filled with excellent properties anti – oxidants help fight free radicals and treating these overactive thyroid glands. This vitamin C is one of the most effective and recommended to treat hyperthyroidism supplements.
eat more fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in vitamin C can also take supplements of vitamin C (about 1000 mg per day) together with vitamin C enriched foods. But be sure to consult your doctor before taking these high doses of nutritional supplements of vitamin C.
We all know that several B vitamins, attend basic metabolic functions in the body. For this overactive thyroid gland, vitamin B12 is very effective. Therefore, vitamin B12 deficiency leads to hyperthyroidism certainly in people. Consuming foods that are rich in vitamin B12 regularly will help to combat this hyperthyroidism.
This B vitamin is found naturally only in animal products such as seafood, mackerel fish, red meat, beef liver, crab and eggs. Apart from these, it can also be found in some fortified cereals and soy products like tofu, but synthetic forms. Or you can also take vitamin B12 supplements to promote normal glandular functions. But consult your doctor first to get the proper dosage that suits you.
Magnesium is another important mineral that plays an important role in health maintenance thyroid paper. This helps to iodine metabolism that is very important for the body to make its functions. A study carried out in hyperthyroid patients has shown a significant reduction in the concentrations of calcium, zinc and magnesium.
Therefore intake of calcium-rich foods such as nuts, green leafy vegetables, seeds, etc., in your diet will help to compensate for their deficiency in the body. So they have these magnesium-rich foods in your daily diet to get rid of hyperthyroidism.
Diet for Hyperthyroidism:
Although a healthy diet will not cure or prevent hyperthyroidism completely, but healthy food intake can help relieve symptoms of hyperthyroidism. So they have these foods, including them in your daily diet.
- Drinking more water will also help you get relief from hyperthyroidism, as this cleanse toxins and other wastes from the body.
- avoid taking too much sugar and sugar products, carbohydrates in your daily diet.
- Stop drinking caffeinated drinks and sodas to get relief from pain and irritation or discomfort caused by this hypothyroidism.
- take more dietary fiber in the daily diet or supplements you can also be used to get rid of thyroid problems.
- Regular consumption of organic food and whole grains such as meat, eggs and vegetables will help treat hormone supplements that affect the body’s ability to synthesize hormones including thyroid hormone and also fight against various infections in the body.
- Cut consumption containing gluten and dairy products, as they generally put some strain on the digestive system contributing to thyroid disorders.
- are nuts, eggs, farmed fish, quinoa and vegetables in the diet to get relief from hyperthyroidism. –
Additional Tags for this post:
how to get pregnancy with thyroid in kannada |
You May Also Like :