When the gas accumulates in the stomach and intestines, stomach swells and it feels uncomfortably full. Swelling it can be caused by constipation, overeating, menopause, premenstrual syndrome, irritable bowel syndrome, smoking, and peptic ulcers. Besides being uncomfortable and unattractive, cause belching, flatulence, cramps, shortness of breath, low back pain, and even diarrhea.
You can prevent swelling and everything that comes with it, making simple changes in your diet and lifestyle, and can cure at this time using home remedies listed below. Try them all until you find the one that works best for you.
Home Remedies for swelling
Ginger is a carminative, which means that relieves pressure bloating, gas helping pass through the digestive system. It also thins the blood to improve circulation. It contains gingerol, which act as analgesics and shogaols, calming and relaxing the intestinal muscles.
- Peel and cut a piece of fresh ginger root.
- In a cup, mix the slices with lemon juice and honey.
- Pour hot water and let stand 10 minutes.
- Drinking regularly before and after meals.
- Peel and grate a piece of fresh ginger root.
- Eat 1 teaspoon whenever you need immediate relief from swelling.
- Used in your kitchen.
2. caraway seeds
caraway seeds have a carminative property, which helps prevent gas buildup, aiding in the rapid expulsion . Caraway seeds also have antimicrobial properties, thereby eliminating bad bacteria that cause gas, allowing good bacteria flourish and promote proper digestion.
- Chew a pinch of caraway seeds several times a day to relieve swelling.
- If you do not like the seeds, try caraway cookies.
- Crush 2 teaspoons caraway seeds and put them in a cup.
- Add hot water and let stand 10 minutes.
- drink regularly.
fennel contains volatile oils which prevent gas and act as an anti-spasmodic, helping easily pass entrapped gas through the system .
- Crush 2 tablespoons fennel seeds and put them in a cup.
- Add honey and hot water and let stand 10 minutes.
- drink regularly.
- . Note: you can also just chew a teaspoon fennel seeds
peppermint oil contains menthol, which it acts as an antispasmodic, relaxing the digestive tract and help in the passage of food and air. It also helps absorb iron from food.
- Gather and wash fresh mint leaves.
- Let dry in the sun and hairs on them.
- Put them in a cup, add honey and sugar, pour in hot water.
- Let stand 15-20 minutes.
- Drink 1-2 times a day.
- . Note: You can also get mint tea bags
5. Chamomile tea
Chamomile relaxes the digestive system, and contains anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties the gas and bloating, and heartburn, menstrual cramps, pain in joints and relieve.
- Put 2 tablespoons of chamomile in a cup.
- Add boiling water and steep 15 minutes.
- Strain, add honey and lemon and drink.
- Eat 2-4 times a day between meals.
- . Note: You can also use a bag of chamomile tea
dandelion tea is a natural laxative and diuretic that helps regulate the digestive system and relieve gas and bloating.
- Put 1 teaspoon of dried dandelion leaves in a cup.
- Add boiling water and steep 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon and honey.
- taken regularly to relieve swelling.
7. anise seeds
anise has carminative and antimicrobial properties that help expel the gases that accumulate in your intestinal tract. As an anti-spasmodic, which relaxes muscles and allows a smoother digestion.
- Eating a teaspoon anise seeds, chew well.
- Or, add anise seeds to your kitchen.
8. Warm lemon water
Lemon is rich in vitamin B and C, riboflavin, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein. It stimulates the production of hydrochloric acid, which helps the body break down food more efficiently. clean water toxins from your system. In combination, lemon and water help the liver function better.
- Add lemon juice freshly squeezed in a glass of warm water until the water is cloudy.
- stir well and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning.
- drink regularly to get rid of the swelling.
Spicy foods and foods rich in fiber and fat take longer to digest, and natural bacteria in the large intestine break them down , it occurs in this process gas and cause swelling. Vitamin A in pumpkin avoid all that by promoting proper digestion.
- Take a cup of pumpkin and eat regularly for baking or grilling or streaming or find a recipe for pumpkin you like and eat it regularly.
Exercise is one of the most effective ways to prevent gas, as it helps the digestive system function and body correctly.
- Finding a workout that you enjoy and do it regularly.
- can be anything from walking to swimming to take dance lessons.
- In the exercise of breathing through the nose and exhale through the mouth to get the best results.
- If you’re stuck in the office, get up and walk frequently.
- Try taking the stairs instead of elevators.
Massaging the stomach and lower abdomen helps pass the incorporated through your digestive system to relieve pressure gas swelling .
- Lie on your back and use your fingers to massage her stomach in a circular motion.
- massage for 15 minutes or until the swelling subsides.
- Note: You can do this standing, but do so in a sitting position, as it traps gas in the digestive system
Active carbon 12.
activated carbon is oxidized with steam or hot air that makes it very porous. Your pores trap chemicals and other bacteria that cause gas and bloating. Activated carbon is available in tablets and capsules. Consult a physician or label for recommended and take it whenever you need relief from bloating dose.
Probiotics keep your digestive system healthy. Regularly eat foods such as yogurt, kefir, kimchi, or sauerkraut will make sure you have plenty of them in your diet.
14. Diet Plan
- Foods rich in magnesium reduce fluid retention. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and nuts.
- Avoid fast food, processed foods and other foods high in fat, spicy, sweet, fried, or salty.
- peaches, prunes, oatmeal, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, apples, lentils, cabbage, corn, dairy products and whole grains cause bloating and gas. Try to avoid them.
- Potassium helps regulate fluid levels in the body. Eat a lot of bananas, mangoes, mushrooms and tomatoes.
Tips to avoid gas and bloating
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins and impurities that cause swelling.
- Avoid salty, sugary, carbonated drinks.
- Drink fruit juices, soups and herbal teas with calla lily, cardamom and mint.
- Eat slowly and chew thoroughly to avoid swallowing air.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day.
- Reducing stress through physical activities such as yoga.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid salt as it promotes water retention.
- Eat less carbohydrates and starches. These also water retention.
- Do not use straws or chew gum. Both lead to air consumption.
- Do not talk while chewing.
- Add turmeric powder 1 tablespoon hot water, let stand 3 minutes and drink.
- Mix the lemon juice with baking soda to make a paste, dissolved in water and drink to get relief.
- Although uncomfortable, swelling is usually harmless. However, if your condition is chronic, consult your doctor.
Have you tried any of these home remedies for swelling? Do you know any we have not mentioned? Share your experience with us!