Our digestive system needs a small amount of hydrochloric acid along with other digestive juices to the food we eat is broken. Digestion done this way leads to the absorption of energy taken through food that is required for all bodily functions. Acidity (acid dyspepsia) occurs when the hydrochloric acid in the stomach is overproduced and also not used in the digestion of food. It then leads to various inconveniences, such as a general feeling of unease. It would have heartburn or acid reflex, and sometimes this feeling of nausea or even vomiting. You can even experience sour belching. Heartburn can also cause severe constipation. Most of the time, the acidity is due to poor eating habits and lack of body movement. While you may need to change your diet habits and lifestyle to completely get rid of heartburn, here are some home remedies for heartburn that can provide some relief from the discomfort accompanied by heartburn.
Home Remedies for Acidity
1. The acidity of spearmint
If your heartburn is due to indigestion, and that is why, in most cases, you can use spearmint as a remedy for heartburn. While mint leaves are said to be effective in curing indigestion, some experts believe that heartburn sufferers should not use mint leaves. Since the esophagus relaxes the valve, which can actually worsen the symptoms of heartburn. But because spearmint does not contain as much as mint menthol, which can be used in case of heartburn caused due to indigestion. Spearmint actually helps relax the stomach muscles thus reducing the symptoms of nausea and other digestive problems.
Click peppermint tea to relieve heartburn
- spearmint leaves 5-8
- Hot Water 1 cups
- Honey (optional) – 1-2 teaspoons
Do the following:
- place mint leaves in a cup.
- pour hot water over the leaves.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- may strive or let the leaves are there in your tea.
- Add honey, if you like sweetened tea.
- Having this tea after meals.
2. Coconut water for acidity
The water in a tender coconut is a natural isotonic beverage that has the same level of electrolytic balance we have in our blood. It is, therefore, a magic drink that is beneficial in various health conditions, including acidity. When you drink coconut water, the acid level in your body pH becomes alkaline which gives immediate relief of discomfort due to heartburn. Furthermore, the coconut water has a lot of nutrients in IT- natural sugars, minerals such as potassium, sodium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, copper, sulfur and chlorides, B vitamins and ascorbic acid and small amounts of protein . Therefore, you not only get relief from acidity, but also get nutritious delicious treat when the drink coconut water!
How to drink coconut water for heartburn?
You just have to get pure coconut water and drink this 3-4 times a day, can be a cup every time. Do not forget to take a cup of coconut water in the morning, even if it will not take throughout the day. It may be that that’s all you need. Also be careful not to be sweetened or flavored bottled coconut water artificially. natural is necessary. If available in your area, they prefer to have water directly from young coconut.
3. Lemon juice for acidity
Lemon juice is a natural antacid! Lemon contains citric acid which changes its internal acid in an alkaline environment. So get rid of heartburn. Now you can have a doubt as to how acidic lemon juice becomes alkaline! Here is the answer. In its natural form (ie outside the human body), lemon juice is an acidic substance whose pH is less than 7. However, once it goes into your body and is completely metabolized to dissociate its minerals into the bloodstream, alkalizing becomes raise the pH of the body above 7 and therefore what is alkaline.
ways of taking lemon juice for acidity
- mix juice of half a lemon in a glass of warm water. Having him in the morning on an empty stomach. If necessary, add a little honey to this.
- Mix juice ½ to 1 lemon in half a glass of water. Take this before meals. Add the honey, if necessary. You can also add sugar.
4. The acidity of cilantro
Cilantro is one of the favorite ingredients of cooking in many parts of the world, especially Asian countries. coriander seeds are widely used in Chinese medicine and Indian as well. Europeans also coriander tea to help treat indigestion and relieve acid reflux . Why is the question. Essential oils such as borneol and linalool present in the cilantro seem to help digestion, and proper functioning of the liver. These oils, with all its aroma, help the proper secretion of enzymes and digestive juices in the stomach and stimulate digestion and peristalsis. Coriander bioactive compounds prevent nausea, vomiting and other stomach disorders. And if your appetite is suppressed due to the continuing cases of heartburn, which can be happy to know that fresh cilantro leaves are great snacks too! Many studies have found that cilantro can reduce dyspepsia (indigestion) when added to your regular diet.
ways to use Cilantro for heartburn
- Take some coriander leaves and crush them with the help of little water to get your juice. Mix 1 tablespoon coriander leaves juice in a glass of buttermilk and have it after meals or 2-3 times a day. You can also have a coriander juice without mixing with the whey.
- Make some tea with coriander seeds. Crush a tablespoon of coriander seeds. Place them in a pot. Pour a cup of hot water over it and let stand for 5-8 minutes. Strain and add honey if you need to sweeten otherwise have this tea without honey 2-3 times a day, preferably after meals.
5. cumin seeds for heartburn
cumin seeds belong to the family of the Umbelliferae, the same to which they belong caraway seeds, parsley, chervil and dill. These seeds, which is widely used in Mexico, Spanish, Indian and Middle Eastern cooking, are rich in iron, manganese and other minerals and vitamins. Many studies have shown cumin seeds to stimulate the production of pancreatic enzymes that aid digestion and therefore maintains its acidity at bay. Also get rid of many of the symptoms associated with acid such as nausea and vomiting.
ways to use the cumin seeds for Acidity
- Take 1 teaspoon cumin seeds and boil it in a glass of water for about 5-6 minutes. Allow to cool and then drink it.
- Dry roast some cumin seeds. By the aroma, while roasting, means are carried out. Lightly crush a teaspoon roasted cumin seeds is in a glass of water or whey. You may strive or leave the seeds in water or whey. Having this after meals. Store roasted cumin seeds in an airtight container for future use.
- for immediate relief of heartburn, take a pinch full of raw cumin seeds and chew.
6. Whey heartburn
traditional milk serum, which is breaking the curds in order to separate the butter or cream, is a good remedy for acidity. It is the liquid remaining after removal of stirred yoghurt butter. Lactic acid whey neutralizes acidity in the stomach. It is widely used in India, especially during the summer months. It has a lot of vitamins, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and trace making it also the most nutritious. This is a very good and tasty to soothe the stomach and relieve stomach upsets natural drink. You can add ingredients such as asafoetida, coriander leaves, ginger, curry leaves and sea salt, etc. to improve their digestive properties.
ways to use butter for heartburn
- Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds and crush with a little water to make a paste out of it. Add this to a glass of buttermilk and have it.
- Take 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice. Add this to a cup of buttermilk. Allow this to sit for about 5 minutes and then drink it.
- Add some black pepper powder with a glass of buttermilk and have it.
- Add a pinch of rock salt or black salt and a teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds in a glass dry whey and have it.
- Get juice 1 teaspoon coriander leaves and add it to a glass of buttermilk. Have it.
7. Eat bananas for heartburn
There are many foods that help cure acidity and heartburn. The banana is a fruit such. Bananas are rich in potassium, which is an alkalizing mineral having a pH of 14. A ripe banana, therefore, reduces the acidity in the stomach by raising the pH level. Not only this, bananas have a chemical that stimulates the stomach lining to produce more mucus that protects the stomach acids. This even prevents stomach ulcers. Bananas are also high in fiber speeds digestion. Therefore include at least a banana in your daily diet so you can get rid of heartburn and heartburn caused by it.
precautionary A few people develop heartburn as a reaction to eating bananas. This may be because eating banana is not a more mature one. Potassium in an immature banana is in the form of potassium nitrate that actually gives you heartburn. Therefore, try to have a ripe banana on, the one with brown spots on its shell. Its so tasty as a ripe banana!
8. The acidity watermelon by
Foods with low levels of acid are useful in the treatment of heartburn. The lower the pH, the greater the acidity in food. Watermelon has pH greater than 9. Therefore, it is highly alkaline. A 2011 study, 20 subjects with reflux said they felt 95 percent improvement following a strict diet low in acid. Therefore, it is a good idea to have watermelon and other low-acid foods, such as grapefruit, lettuce, broccoli and celery.
ways to eat watermelon acidity
- Get ripe watermelon and cut into small pieces. Store them in the refrigerator covered. Whenever you need to suppress heartburn or heartburn, you can take the container and eat 5-6 pieces of ice watermelon. To do so, throughout the day. Do not consume a cut watermelon stored in the refrigerator for more than three days.
- Blend the watermelon pieces to make a refreshing drink and have cooled down.
- Add to watermelon other fruits to make a salad, like banana and grapefruit.
- watermelon juice mixed with coconut water and have to get relief from acidity.
9. Fennel for Acidity
There is a tradition in India to a chew fennel seeds after meals. This, in fact, makes it faster digestion and also saves you from conditions such as acidity and heartburn, constipation, flatulence and bloating and indigestion not forget. Fennel has carminative property. The seat of your digestive tract and reduces acid and inflammation, as well as gas and bloating. It has a variety of active components including volatile oil comprises substances such as fenchone, trans-anethole, limonene and pinene one. All these substances give fennel herb its calming effects. You can use the grass in all its forms- the extracted oil, seeds or even tincture made from it.
ways to use fennel Acidity
- Chew ¼ to ½ teaspoon fennel seeds after meals.
- Add 1 teaspoon fennel tincture to a cup of water and have it three times a day.
- Consume ½ teaspoon fennel extract liquid every day.
- Click fennel tea by adding 1 teaspoon fennel seeds in a cup of hot water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Strain and keep it. It has a slightly sweet taste you need not add honey to this. You can actually choose not to strain the tea and make chewing fennel seeds in it.
- Cut the white bottom of fennel plant and make a salad by adding this baby arugula and spinach.
10. carom seeds for heartburn
This is one of the best remedies for heartburn, in fact, for all problems related to the stomach and digestion! These seeds increase the activity of digestive enzymes and also reduce the transmission time for food. Carambola, also known as bishop’s weed, has an excellent digestive, antispasmodic, carminative and properties. Known as ajwain in India, carom seeds are an important part of Ayurvedic and Unani medicine. If you happen to be in India, it is possible that some preparations of herbs made with carom seeds. One is ‘ajwain-Arak’, which can be found in the city of Calcutta in India (where it is known as Jowan-er-arak) and the other is Omum that can be found in the southern states of India. Arak is like a tincture made with alcohol, carom seeds and water. Omum is the aqueous portion is left after the essential oil is separated. It is possible, however, to use carom seeds directly to cure your heartburn and other digestive problems.
ways to use carom seeds for heartburn
- Take a teaspoon of carom seeds in the palm of your hand. Crushing and pressing the seeds with your other hand. This releases the oils in seeds carambola. From here, take this with a glass of water.
- Add few drops of lemon juice and ginger juice to a teaspoon of carom seeds. Mix well and have it.
- If you can stand the strong bitter taste and a little pepper carom seeds can even chew after meals.
- If you can get ‘ajwain Ark’, as mentioned above, this take 1 teaspoon in a glass. Pour half a cup of water on it and have it, preferably after meals. You the miraculous effect of this potion in just a few minutes you will feel.
- If you can get omum liquid, add 1 teaspoon of the water and keep it. For immediate relief from heartburn, mix 1 teaspoon omum water with 1 teaspoon cumin seeds. Add the two in a glass of water and boil for about 5-6 minutes. Having this when you feel heartburn attack.
- Take some carom seeds (about 3-4 tablespoons or more). Add the same amount of rock salt to it. Now they grind finely to get their dust. Store this powder in a glass jar or bottle sealing. Mix ¼ – ½ teaspoon of this powder in a cup of hot water and have 2-3 times a day. If you think, you can even have a pinch of this powder without mixing with water.
11. Basil leaves for heartburn
basil leaves sacred tulsi has many components that make them excellent digestive agent. These components stimulate the basil in your stomach to create more mucus. Basil leaves have the ability to reduce the effect of peptic acids in the stomach. This prevents excessive acidity there. Not only heartburn, gas basil leaves and help heal swelling too.
ways to use basil leaves for heartburn
- Take 5-6 leaves basil, wash properly and chew slowly, preferably after meals.
- Take 8-10 basil leaves, wash and crush them. Now add this paste of basil with a glass of warm water and keep it. This reduces the pain that comes from the acidity. It also helps relieve heartburn as a whole.
12. Ginger for heartburn
Ginger is an herb or spice alkalizing foods or whatever you call it. Your body is healthier and comfortable when the pH is maintained between 7.35 and 7.45. The pH is measured on a scale of 0 to 14 indicates how acid or alkaline body is. A pH from 7.35 to 7.45, your body is slightly alkaline which is good for the tissues, cells and other organs. When you suffer from heartburn, stomach acid flows back into the esophagus too. Ginger stimulates the production of saliva which then washed acid has refluxed into the esophagus.
Click ginger tea for relief of heartburn
- Fresh Ginger 1 inch piece
- heat 1 cup water
- honey or sugar (optional) – according to taste
Do the following:
- Wash, peel and slice ginger.
- Place of ginger in a pot.
- pour hot water over it.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain and add sweetener if necessary.
- Have 2-3 times a day.
If you can not stand the ginger tea, there is another way to take ginger in powder form but more ingredients needed him.
13. Remedy acidity with ginger powder
- dust- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Roca Sal- a pinch
- Water 1 cup
Do the following:
- Add ginger powder, asafoetida and rock salt to the bowl of water.
- Mix well.
- Having this.
- This can give you instant relief from heartburn.
14. The decoction of herbs for heartburn
You know the therapeutic properties of many herbs and seeds above remedies for heartburn. Now you know that fennel or anise seeds, carom seeds, cumin, etc are all beneficial in getting relief from heartburn. This decoction of herbs used some of these seeds to give it a full energy remedy for heartburn problem.
- coriander seed 1 teaspoon dust-
- cumin seeds 1 teaspoon dust-
- dust- fennel seed 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Water ½ cup
Do the following:
- Mix all the dust of the seeds and sugar in half a cup of water.
- drink this every morning fasting to prevent and get relief from heartburn.
The above home remedies for heartburn are time-tested and many people are used effectively to counteract the acidity. However, because each body is different and reacts differently, some of these remedies may work for you, while others may not. Just try them and you sure know at some point, what remedies for heartburn is intended for your body!
mane maddu for acidity | manemaddu for severe acidity in kannada language |