Hemorrhoids (piles) are swollen, inflamed veins in the anus and lower rectum. This could be due to the straining during bowel movement or increased pressure in the veins during pregnancy, along with some other causes. Hemorrhoids can be located both external and internal, affecting about half of adults over 50.
- bleeding without pain during bowel movements
- itching or irritation
- pain or discomfort
- leakage of feces, etc.
internal do not cause any pain or discomfort, but can lead to external hemorrhoids.
Some common causes include:
- Straining during bowel movements
- Sitting for a long period of time in bathrooms
- Chronic diarrhea or constipation
- anal intercourse
- low fiber diet
Fortunately, there are many effective treatments available, plus some lifestyle changes that will result in complete relief of the problem. These natural remedies are also cost effective and without side effects.
home remedies for hemorrhoids:
Ice helps constrict blood vessels, reduce swelling and give relief immediate pain.
- Wrap ice in a cloth or ice pack.
- Apply to affected directly and leave for about 10 minutes area.
- Repeat several times a day until the hemorrhoids disappear.
- . Note: A package of frozen vegetables such as peas or corn wrapped in cloth also work well
- apply to the affected area for about 20 minutes, do this three times a day.
2. Aloe Vera:
Aloe vera is known for its anti-inflammatory and therapeutic properties that help reduce the itching, inflammation and irritation of hemorrhoids. It is used to treat both internal and external hemorrhoids.
Method – 1: (internal hemorrhoids)
- Take the aloe vera leaf ensure that cut the sharp thorns.
- Cut the leaves into strips and freeze them.
- apply to the affected area.
- Repeat this regularly to get relief from hemorrhoids.
Method – 2: (external hemorrhoids)
- Take a sheet of aloe vera gel and extract.
- Apply this gel to your anus and slowly massage the affected area for a few minutes.
- repeat this application of gel to get relief from external hemorrhoids.
3. Lemon juice:
Lemon juice has antioxidant, vitamin C and other nutrients that give relief from hemorrhoids by strengthening the capillaries and blood vessel walls.
- Soak a cotton ball in freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon -. 2 lemons
- Apply this directly on hemorrhoids.
- Initially there will be some tingling or burning sensation, but this will only last a short time.
- Alternately, mix half a lemon juice with a cup of hot milk and drink.
- repeated every 3 hours.
- Another option is to mix 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice, ginger juice and honey together and take this mixture once a day.
4. Almond oil:
Almond oil has emollient properties and absorption properties of the deep tissues that can be used to treat hemorrhoids external.
- Dip a cotton ball in pure almond oil.
- Apply this directly on the affected area.
- Repeat this several times a day.
5. Olive oil:
Olive oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties that are used to treat external hemorrhoids. It helps increase the elasticity of blood vessels to reduce inflammation and reduce the size of swollen blood vessels in the anal canal.
- consume a teaspoon of olive oil a day.
- Alternatively take a plum leaves and crush them to extract the juice.
- Mix it with olive oil and apply to the hemorrhoids.
- repeat this newspaper.
6. Whole grains:
whole grain products contain a good amount of fiber that is very effective in relieving symptoms and bleeding. It also allows the colon to work more effectively. fiber foods helps soften the stool to reduce stress during defecation. So try to have foods like oats, barley, brown rice, millet, quinoa, corn and buckwheat in your diet.
Potatoes have astringent properties that help relieve pain and itching associated with this condition.
- wash 2 potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Blend to a liquid form.
- Add a few teaspoons of water (if dry) and spread in a thin gauze bandage.
- fold in half and applied to hemorrhoids for about 5 -. 10 minutes
- Repeat this process as needed.
8. Coconut oil:
Coconut oil contains medium chain saturated oils, your body requires to prevent hemorrhoids. It also has anti-bacterial properties antiviral, antimicrobial and.
Method – 1:
- Clean the affected area with a dry cotton.
- Apply the oil on the affected area gently.
- Repeat several times a day for relief of pain and discomfort.
Method – 2:
- Dip a cotton ball in a bowl with the oil.
- Place on the affected area and hold it for a few minutes
- Repeat this procedure until the zone of calm and relieved the pain completely.
prunes have a laxative effect that helps soften the stool, which in turn helps to treat hemorrhoids.
- Coma 2-3 daily plums.
- Alternatively, supplements plum or prune juice can be consumed daily.
10. Witch Hazel:
contains witch hazel mild astringent and healing properties that help relieve the discomfort associated with hemorrhoids. Help getting inflamed blood vessels, relieves pain, itching and swelling.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in water distilled witch hazel.
- Apply this on the hemorrhoids.
- Repeat 3 times a day to get relief from pain and bleeding hemorrhoids.
- medicated pads can be purchased and applied containing witch hazel.
- These can be used instead of or in combination with toilet paper.
11. Apple cider vinegar:
The astringent property of apple cider vinegar helps reduce inflamed blood vessels and gives relief from inflammation and irritation both internal and external hemorrhoids.
Note: vinegar unfiltered and unpasteurized get faster results
Method – 1:. (Internal hemorrhoids)
- Add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- stir well and drink at least twice a day.
- Honey can be added to make it taste better.
Method – 2: (external hemorrhoids)
- soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar for a few minutes.
- Gently press the ball against the inflamed area that may initially cause a stinging sensation.
- Repeat this several times a day.
12. Black Tea Bags:
The tannic acid in tea has natural astringent property that helps reduce swelling and pain associated with hemorrhoids.
- Dipping a tea bag in hot water for a few minutes before removing.
- Let cool slightly before applying the tea bag to the affected area for about 10 minutes.
- Repeat 2 -. 3 times daily
- Note :. You can apply the bags of cold tea and used for hemorrhoids for 5 – 10 mins
Drinking an adequate amount of will water helps cleanse the internal system and hydrates the entire body. It also helps facilitate bowel movements and keep stools soft. 8-10 glasses of water a day is recommended.
Tips for reducing hemorrhoids:
These tips can stop hemorrhoids and relieves symptoms get worse.
- Dry the anus gently with white toilet paper moistened with water or a cleaning agent (as Balneol) after each bowel movement, wipes can also be used.
- Rinse or wipe himself in the shower instead of using toilet paper.
- Use soaps that do not contain perfumes or dyes.
- Take some painkillers without a prescription to reduce pain and swelling.
- Apply ice followed by a warm compress several times a day.
- Having a hot bath.
- Make sure not to sit or stand for a long time, when hemorrhoids are irritated. Also avoid heavy lifting.
- Always wear cotton underwear to prevent moisture buildup. Also wear loose clothing to reduce the pressure in the anal area.
- Resting on your side or stomach can help reduce inflammation of hemorrhoids. If you are pregnant, you have to be helpful to lie on your side. If you are not pregnant, then sleeping on your stomach with a pillow under your hips to reduce inflammation of hemorrhoids.
- Straining or hold your breath when trying to pass a stool puts increased pressure on the veins in the lower rectum.
- do not expect to have a bowl movement.
- Staying active will help prevent constipation and reduce pressure on the veins.
- Sitting on a cushion donut-shaped and have short walk breaks if you have to sit for long.
- Having balanced daily diet to strengthen your immune system.
- Eat rich in vitamin C and plant (foods like lemons, oranges, broccoli, etc.) fruits to strengthen and tone of blood vessels.
If symptoms are not relieved within a week, consult a doctor.