Our eyes are often tired these days, thanks to the digital equipment we use throughout the day. From the morning when we started looking at our screens of mobile phone and then do our work on computers or watching TV and playing games on digital devices, our eyes are at work and themselves too tired! However, eye fatigue is often not a serious illness and can take simple measures in the home and office to save themselves from annoying condition caused by eye strain.
First let’s take a look at the causes of eyestrain.
What causes eye strain?
From activities that require intense eyes to bright light, there are many causes of eyestrain:
- sewing, embroidery or any other works that need eyes to squint to see the minute details.
- Exposure to bright light
- Trying to see in low light
- Looking to digital devices for a long time, such as computer screens and smart phone, video games, etc.
Symptoms of eye strain or fatigue immense
Therefore, when there will come to know that it is not just the normal eyestrain, but the eyes of train or eyestrain?
- eye pain and irritation
- difficulty focusing vision on something
- Dry eyes
- watery eyes
- blurred vision
- Double vision
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Pain in the neck, shoulders or back
Lack of sleep can also sometimes eyestrain, as it is during sleep that our eyes the essential nutrients are replenished.
Tips to ease eye strain
Whatever the reason for your eye fatigue, give your eyes a rest, reinforce and relieve eye strain with remedies.
1. Give your eyes a relaxing massage
It makes them work so hard! So, why you can not give your eyes some relaxation every day by massaging them for a while! Massage improves blood circulation in the eye and helps to relax the muscles around the eyes. Massaging eyes will also stimulate the lacrimal glands. This means that you will not have dry eyes and therefore without fatigue too.
How to give your eyes a massage?
- Using your fingers, gently massage the upper eyelids after closing the eyes. In addition, a massage at the rest area, just above the eyebrows. Do this for about 20-30 seconds.
- gently massage the area under the eyes, along the bone you can feel under the orbit of the eye. Massage with gentle strokes outward for about 20-30 seconds. This will help you get rid of puffy eye bags as well.
- Repeat 2-3 times a day to reduce eyestrain
2. palms eyes reduces eyestrain
Palming can be understood as covering her eyes closed palms. This is actually a technique borrowed from Yoga. After a yoga session is complete or when he concluded the eye exercises for yoga, both palms rubbing against each other and then cover their eyes with these palms warmed to relax not only the eyes but also the whole body and mind. Once this is done, you will get to know the effectiveness of this technique is.
How do Palming Eye?
- sit in a relaxed position, either on the floor or in a chair
- Rub your palms together for a few seconds to a couple of minutes until hot.
- Close your eyes and cover your eyes closed with the warm palms, while only putting gentle pressure.
- Take a deep breath while in this position for a few seconds or a minute.
- repeat steps 2-3 times or more if desired.
- You can palm your eyes many times a day as desired. In fact, whenever you feel the tension in the eyes, simply rub your palms and hold them against your eyes for a few seconds.
3. trataka yoga eye strain
When it comes to yoga, there is still another very potent eye strain than palms eye remedy. This is called ‘Trataka’ which means looking yogic and is basically a practice for those who aspire to meditate. However, it is also very effective in treating various eye disorders including weak eyesight. In addition to solving the problem of eye fatigue and weakness of sight, Trataka also improves concentration. While doing Trataka, the gaze is fixed on an object for some time. After that, the object is clearly displayed with closed eyes, as an internal image in the center of the eyebrow. By making learning meditation, Tratake is best done by fixating on a flame, but when it comes to reduce eyestrain, you can use your hands to stare.
How do Trataka to reduce eyestrain
- stretch and keep your right arm in front of his face.
- Focus your vision on the thumbnail for a few seconds.
- Now change the focus and gaze at the tip of his own nose for a few seconds.
- Stare image again and then the tip of his nose.
- Do this several times to give exercise to the eye muscles.
- After doing this for about 3-5 minutes, rest your eyes by palms of hands method described in the previous resource for eyestrain.
4. Sun bathing strained eyes
Bask has many positive effects on your body. Why not think of sun bathing her eyes too! In fact, in many countries, it has been a technique of traditional medicine for the eyes. Helioterapia traditionally refers to treatments that use natural sunlight, including eye treatment. It was believed that when the eyes are exposed to sunlight, which stimulates the secretions of vital elements in the eyes and brain benefited in a major way. modern scientific tests also discusses the relationship between sunlight entering the eyes and the secretion of pituitary and pineal glands in the midbrain. Sunlight also gives the essential vitamin D for the whole body. If you are concerned about the harmful effects of UV rays, expose your eyes to the sunlight in the morning or evening, when the sun’s rays are not as strong.
- Stand in the sun so that the direct sunlight reaches the eyes.
- Close your eyes and feel the warmth of sunlight on the lids and sides of the eyes.
- Stay there for about 5-10 minutes.
- You can make your palms after bathing the eyes with sunlight.
- Do this at least once a day.
5. Open and close your eyes and get rid of the strain
This is especially effective for those who have to sit in front of the computer screen for a long time. While you focus on your work on the computer screen, flickering is reduced. You are both in your work that you forget to blink! When not blinking eyes become dry and collect waste accumulate due to lack of water in his eyes. Keep blinking to moisten the eyes and wash the remains there to prevent all kinds of eye diseases. This also relax your eyes.
- is ideal when blinks slowly for at least 10-15 times per minute. However, we can not always count or only focus on flash. Work is important, after all!
- Therefore, make it a habit to open and close his eyes after every 10-15 minutes. Take a break from work one minute and twinkling eyes.
- While doing so, they concentrate on relaxing the eye muscles.
6. splash of cold water in the face and eyes
This is an instant remedy to soothe tired eyes. Just splash some cold water on the eyes. This helps to relax the eye muscles overworked.
- When in the office (or home), just splashing cold water on your face and eyes closed. Keep doing this for a couple of minutes to get immediate relief from strained eyes.
- When at home, you can also soak a cotton cloth or in cold water and place them on your eyes for a few minutes to get rid of eye strain
7. Hot compress for eye strain
If you also suffer from pain in the eyes, with tired eyes, you might consider using a warm compress over the eyes and face.
- Take a little warm water and a clean cloth.
- soak the cloth in hot water.
- Drain excess water.
- Close your eyes, preferably after lying down, and place the warm cloth over your eyes and if you want, especially his face.
- Relax for a while until the fabric becomes cold.
- dip again in hot water and place over the eyes.
- Do this for about 5-10 minutes.
- This will instantly get rid of pain and eye fatigue.
8. Rosewater for eye strain
Rosewater needs no introduction as one of the best and most widely used remedies for eye strain. Water soft and aromatic roses has been used for centuries for medicinal and beauty therapies. It has some magical properties that almost instantly makes you relax and not just your eyes.
Ways to use rosewater for eye strain
- Take a little rosewater and enjoy two cotton balls with it. Place these cotton balls on eyes closed and relax for 10-15 minutes.
- Lie down and put 2-3 drops of rose water in both eyes. Close your eyes and relax for 10-20 minutes.
How to reduce eye strain from computer
Prevention is the best cure! When you use the computer a lot, you know, you have to have eye strain. Or, take appropriate measures to modify everything that can give your eyes a lot of voltage measurements!
9. Make changes to your computer screen
Position of the computer screen and cleaning their stuff a lot.
- Place the computer so that its screen is 20 to 26 inches away from your eyes. It should also be slightly below eye level.
- Make it a habit to clean the computer screen every day. Smudges on the screen can reduce the contrast. This increases problems with glare and reflections that lead to eyestrain.
- is better to use these screens to tilt and rotate so that you can adjust the position of the screen whenever you feel that your eyes are strained.
- Use a filter look on the computer screen.
10. Making changes to the display device
Displays the configuration of the computer screen means a lot when it comes to eye strain.
- Adjust the brightness so that it is almost the same as your workstation that surrounds it. It should not be too bright or too dark.
- Keep the text size, color and contrast that is easy to read. Usually, the black print on a white background is the best combination for the comfort of their eyes.
- Reduce the color temperature of the screen. As is bluer light, strained his eyes would be.
11. Making changes in your workplace
you need to bring changes in their environment as well.
- If you have to work with computer and papers and look at both turn by turn, you can place a huge strain on the eyes as the muscles have to be adjusted every time according to the printed material and equipment as his eyes once you have to look down and then up and so on. It is advisable to use a copy support is placed near the monitor. This way your eyes will stay more or less in height and would not lead to tension.
- Measures were also taken to illuminate the back foot properly. While using a desk lamp seems the best option, make sure your light is not directly reach your eyes as well as on the computer screen.
- sit on an adjustable chair while working on your computer. Always keep the center of the screen of your computer in about 10 to 15 degrees below eye level.
12. computer use eye wear to prevent eye strain
If possible achieved as computer glasses even more if you use contact lenses. Eyes tend to be dry and irritated during teamwork sustained if used continuously contact lenses.
If you did not know, computer glasses are prescription glasses specially designed for people who have to work a lot on the computer. When you use these crystals, you can focus your eyes on the distance from the computer screen, which is usually farther than reading material. These computer glasses are also anti-glare and avoid eyes get strained.
Taking all the above steps can help prevent eyestrain. If you still feel tense, use one or other of the home remedies for eye strain described earlier in this article.
15 different uses of computer |