Stiff neck, although not a serious medical problem, it may annoy active daily and make it difficult to sleep because of the associated pain. Many people will experience a stiff neck, at least once in his life as tendons and nerves of the neck are a delicate part of the body. stiff neck is painful and makes it difficult to move the neck and is caused by injury, chronic discomfort, as part of an underlying disease, poor posture, sleeping in an awkward position, exercise stress, and even stress.
home remedies for stiff neck:
Try these home remedies for natural treatment of stiff neck.
1. Cold and Heat Application:
Cold compresses relieve neck pain and neck stiffness easily by limiting the buildup of lactic acid. Ice numbs the pain and reduces inflammation. The heat compresses the muscles tighten and should after application of cold and applied to help increase blood circulation in muscles
- Fill a plastic bag with ice and wrapped in a towel.
- Apply to the neck, between the shoulders, or at the base of the head for 20 minutes.
- Apply heat application, such as a hot shower or bath, heating pad, hot water bottle or a hot towel for 20 minutes.
- repeat this for three times a day until the complete relief of neck stiffness.
- Note: You can use a cold compress artificial or bag of frozen peas
2. Analgesic home.
To a relief immediately stiffness in the neck to use the balm containing menthol as coconut oil, beeswax, peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil to create a homemade painkiller to soothe the muscles and skin.
- Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil and a tablespoon of beeswax over medium heat.
- Add 5 drops of peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil.
- Let cool for 5 -. 10 minutes
- Apply to the affected area.
- balm store in a tightly closed container and apply when needed.
3. Proper Application Herbs:
Many herbs treat stiff neck pain, either in cream or salve.
- Menthol is an herb that has cooling effect and relieves pain.
- camphor reduces inflammation and increases blood circulation, warming of the application site.
- Capsaicin has anti-inflammatory properties that relieve pain by gently numb the nerve endings in the application area.
- Turmeric cure the pain with its natural healing properties.
4. Therapeutic massage and exercises:
Stiff neck is quickly relieved by performing tension releasing exercises. Isometric exercises are performed without moving the head. Massaging the neck, either by itself or with a professional, will relieve stiff neck. Repeat these exercises for 15 minutes, as needed. Be careful not to overexert yourself as you could pull a muscle.
- Nodding up and down bringing your chin to your chest and then looking at the ceiling. If it hurts more to stop the exercise.
- Nod your head from side to side and. tilt your head to the left side and the right side to stretch the neck muscles.
- Turn your head slowly from left to right and back side for a few minutes. It’s very painful, but prevents neck pain.
5. Isometric exercise:
Isometric exercises can be performed without moving the head.
- Sit upright and gently press your head in the palm of your hand to stretch the neck muscles. Start with your hand on his forehead and push your head forward.
- then place it on your right and click on the right check.
- But be sure to use your hand to resist movement of the head. Do the same with the left side.
- Place your hands behind your head, elbows out to the sides. Pull the chin and move your head back in the hands gently.
- Repeat four times a day to get relief.
neck massage helps give relief from stiff neck.
- Grab your neck with your thumb on one side and your fingers on the other.
- Kneading the neck, squeezing gently for 1 -. 2 minutes
7. Relaxation and breathing:
Emotional stress can cause muscle strain. Think creatively about ways to reduce stress in your life. Manage stress through relaxation techniques or abdominal breathing.
- progressive relaxation : Find a quiet place to sit or lie down. Close your eyes and from his head, consciously or tense tighten all the muscles in your body down, one by one.
- Abdominal breathing : Sit quietly and breathe slowly and deeply into the abdomen and exhale slowly. Place one hand on your abdomen to feel that expand and contract. Repeat this several times.
- Other relaxation techniques : This includes meditation, exercise, yoga, or involve himself in any activity of interest to relax and unwind
. 8. Professional Help:
- Chiropractors use a special holistic exercise technique to relieve stiffness and pain in the neck.
- Physiotherapy (physical therapy) treatments offer relief from neck pain.
- Acupuncture a traditional Chinese treatment to glue the skin with small needles to stimulate certain pressure points, effectively relieves pain and symptoms of stiff neck . Alternatively, try alternative methods such as cupping, moxibustion, and qigong.
- Professional massage , as mentioned above, is also a great way to relieve neck pain.
9. home Painkiller:
Try this homemade analgesic for rapid relief of neck pain.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a tablespoon of beeswax.
- Pour into a small saucepan and heat over medium this fire.
- Add 5 drops each of peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil.
- Let cool and pour into a container having lid.
- Apply this to get rid of neck to neck stiffness.
- Repeat regularly.
- When suffering from a stiff neck, reduce physical activity for 1 -. 2 days
- The practice of good posture will relieve neck pain. This means balancing head and spine in relation to gravity. Sit and stand tall without excessive curvature of the neck to practice good posture.
- Take frequent, short breaks when working and preform neck exercises, especially if looking at a computer screen all day. Also, make sure your computer is at eye level.
- always sleep in a comfortable position. Use a pillow that suits your sleeping position and provides support for the neck.
- In the exercise, using proper training techniques. Be careful not to overexert yourself as you could pull a muscle or otherwise leave. When lifting weights, always consult an instructor.
- Magnesium relaxes effectively debilitating muscle pain and is ideal for those who suffer from stiff neck. Consume the daily dose of Epsom salt or a magnesium supplement 310 mg to 420 mg or alternatively take a hot bath with Epsom salts for best results.
- Reduce weight and stay healthy to avoid stiff neck.
- avoid activities that cause stiff neck as placing your phone between ear and neck, falling asleep in a chair, or washing your hair in the sink.
- With strengthens the neck and back and help with the pain of stiff neck.
- mild painkillers such as Tylenol, Advil, ibuprofen and aspirin temporarily reduce pain in the neck stiffness.
- Always close the windows while sleeping as cold drafts can cause neck muscles to become stiff. Cover the neck with scarf light when the weather is cool, too.
- Consult a doctor if not cured within 2 to 3 days as a stiff neck can lead to other problems. stiff neck symptoms are similar to those with diseases such as meningitis and heart attack. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience symptoms such as fever, vomiting, dizziness, chest pain, pain in the left arm, or trouble touch your chin to your chest.
Have you tried any of these methods? Do you know of any other method to treat stiff neck? Share your experience with us!