Stuffy also refers to nasal congestion, nasal congestion or stuffy nose. It is caused by a cold, flu, allergies (all types) or sinus infection, which in turn is caused by inflamed or irritated in their breasts or membrane that lines the inside of blood vessels nostrils. Produce excess mucus in the nose, which block the airways. Fortunately, this problem will be cleared with these natural home remedies and advice.
Home Remedies for nasal congestion:
Steam is one of the best remedies for respiratory problems. This helps thin the mucus in the nose or sinuses so that the inflammation is reduced.
- Heat water in a container and then remove from heat.
- Place a towel over your head and the top of the head and belly so that air or steam to escape.
- Slowly inhale and exhale steam until the congestion relief.
- Repeat twice a day, once in the morning and one at night.
- You can add a few drops of essential oils like tea tree oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, etc., or a teaspoon of crushed carom seeds in water vapor.
- Note :. Not really put your face in the water
Garlic acts as a natural anti-viral which releases secretions that helps drain the nostrils and breathing it becomes more comfortably. It also helps boost your immune system when taken regularly.
Process – 1:
- Take a few cloves of freshly peeled garlic and eat regularly
- Chewing garlic help to give relief from blocked nose and discomfort.
- Alternatively, you can eat this regularly in the form of soups, or any form of cooked foods, recipes, etc.
process – 2:
- Boil 3 – 4 Freshly peeled garlic cloves in a cup of water
- Add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder.
- stir well and drink.
- Regular consumption gives the best results.
3. Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider vinegar helps clear a blocked nose by thinning of the mucosa rapidly.
Process – 1:
- Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Drink this to get relief from nasal congestion.
process – 2:
- Add two tablespoons of vinegar apple cider and a tablespoon of honey to a cup of warm water
- Mix well until they have dissolved.
- consume 2 to 3 times a day for quick relief.
Acupressure also work well to reduce sinus pressure, one of the old remedies. Acupuncture means applying pressure on specific points where you get relief from the problem. Here you have to apply pressure on both sides of the eye socket.
- Place both index fingers on each side of the eye socket ie above the nose and just below the eyebrow.
- Start massaging breasts outer circles around the nose with your fingers.
- Repeat this for 20 -. 30 seconds
- Then place your index fingers on the outside and below the eyes.
- follow the same process again.
- Then, finally, place your thumbs on any of your cheekbones and massage in circles outward.
- Repeat for 20 – 35 seconds
- repeat the whole process massage. 4 – 5 times to get relief from sinus pressure
5 . tomato juice
tomatoes are rich in vitamin C which will boost your immune system, it also works to open the sinuses to remove mucus and inflammation in the vessels.
- Mix one cup of tomato juice, a tablespoon of minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, 1 tablespoon juice lemon and a little celery salt.
- Bring to the boil.
- Drinking this hot tomato juice at least twice a day for quick relief.
6. Neti pot
Neti pot is used to clean the nasal passages by eliminating congestion. It is specially designed to remove impurities and mucus in the nasal passages. Do not use this process if you have the flu or if you’re doing it for the first time without any doctor.
- Dissolve a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm distilled or sterile water.
- Pour into a Neti pot as saline.
- tilt your head over a sink and place the nozzle into your nostril pot.
- tilt the pot until the water comes into the nasal passages.
- This will clean the impurities and mucus to reduce nasal congestion.
- Continue for a minute or two and then switch to the other side.
- regularly repeat this process, but ensuring that water flows out completely every time.
Always use humidifier or vaporizer to increase humidity in your room, because this machine add more moisture to the air. Inhalation of moist air will help soothe irritated tissues and inflamed blood vessels in the nose and sinuses causing blocked nose. The thinning of the mucosa of the sinuses and emptying of liquids in your nose will return your normal breathing.
to make your own humidifier, turn the pot and pour water into it. Bring this to a boil and place in your room.
Fenugreek is a natural anti-inflammatory that helps open the sinus cavities and thin mucus. Fenugreek hot solution and moisture dissipates thick mucus and clears the nasal passages and reduces inflammation of blood vessels.
- Mix fenugreek seeds in a cup of drinking water.
- Boil for a few minutes before turning off the fire.
- Strain and drink the hot solution.
- repeated several times a day.
9. saline and bulb syringe (baby)
Nasal congestion is a problem that threatens the lives of babies because they can not breathe with mouth.
- Place your baby on a flat surface with a rolled towel under the shoulders to the top of the head backward.
- Place a few drops of saline (mix 1/4 teaspoon salt in 1/2 cup warm water completely) in each of the nostrils and allow the mucus removed during 30 -. 60 seconds
- Now turn your baby on his stomach allowing mucus to drain completely.
- Take a bulb syringe or nasal aspirator and remove the air inside.
- inserted into the nostril and gently release the babies bulb so that the mucus will be vacuumed, cleaned in a tissue.
- repeat the same process for the other nostril.
- Or you can just take a tissue, roll into a small cone and swab around their nostrils.
10. Staying hydrated
Staying hydrated also helps prevent nasal congestion because the extra moisture in your step will help soothe your nostrils irritated or and reduces swollen nasal obstructions. Always keep liquids such as water, fruit juices, sports drinks, herbal tea or ordinary, soups, broths, etc. in your diet.
11. Vapor Rub
Vapor Rub rub in the throat, chest and nose to clear a blocked nose. Alternatively, Rub one or two drops of peppermint oil, will give the same results.
12. Diet Plan
Your diet greatly affects your health, therefore, needs careful planning:
- Eat spicy foods to give relief from engorged breasts. Drink plenty of water while you’re eating the dish and at the end of the meal you find that you have a stuffy nose. Then dry the mucus as you can.
- Stay away from wheat and other whole grains, milk and other dairy products, as it will increase the problem.
- Add pepper to chicken soup which is a well known by people suffering from nasal congestion diet.
- Include food containing vitamin C, zinc, etc in your diet to help strengthen your immune system.
- Include foods such as ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, pepper and other spies in your diet.
- Avoid refined sugar and sugary products such as sweets, chocolates, donuts, cakes and biscuits.
- Avoid cold drinks and other carbonated drinks increase the problem, instead of drinking hot beverages.
Tips for reducing stuffy nose
Are you having a problem breathing because of nasal congestion this? Then follow these simple tips to effectively reduce the problem.
- Having a steam shower to thin mucus and relieve inflammation.
- Use a warm compress regularly made of a hot damp towel, which helps open your nasal passage from outside. Hold
- Blowing your nose repeatedly when you are suffering from nasal congestion will make the situation worse.
- Have a mint or chewing gum Royal Mint, which helps prevent congestion. Regularly taking the supplement mint as mint tea, etc., which helps thin mucus and open the nasal passages.
- get an extra pillow that is soft / firm while sleeping to elevate your head for a comfortable sleep in a vertical position.
- inhaling the smell of peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil or crushed carom seed powder to help you breathe better.
- avoid swimming in chlorinated pools as it can irritate the mucous membranes of the nasal passages.
If you are suffering from more than one week, make sure that you consult a doctor.
Do you know other home remedies to clear a stuffy nose, we would like to hear from you. Please share your experience with us.