restless leg syndrome (RLS) causes pain and discomfort in the legs , especially in the evenings or when falling asleep. This problem can occur at any age but becomes more common with age. RLS disrupts sleep, makes it difficult to walk or stand, and makes the trip had difficult. Symptoms include throbbing, itching, pain, burning, and leg spasms.
home remedies for restless leg syndrome
There are several home remedies that help to combat this problem.
Walking is the best way to exercise your legs. Lack of exercise and excessive exercise can cause restless leg syndrome. Whenever you have RSL walk around your house and its surroundings to soothe the SPI. Exercise not only distracts your body, but your brain can distract your mind and relieve symptoms. Read, play games, and crafts are some ways to exercise your brain.
Avoid caffeine and caffeinated products such as coffee, tea, chocolate, and even over-the-counter medications. Caffeine alters the body naturally makes sleep restless legs.
Stress does not cause but exacerbates RLS. regular exercise and relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation and visualization provide stress relief. Relax your mind before bedtime to prevent restless legs at night.
4. Hot or cold packs
Temperature Change relieve restless legs to calm the sensations in the extremities. Start with a cold pack filled with a cold towel on your legs and put your feet in cold water. Then switch to a hot pack. Alternatively, take a hot bath with apple cider vinegar, Epsom salt and baking soda water before bedtime.
5. Cut alcohol and snuff
avoid alcohol and snuff as these trigger substance restless leg syndrome. The snuff contains nicotine and both active smoking and passive makes RLS worse. Alcohol has detrimental effects on your sleep. Avoiding these to get relief from restless leg syndrome.
6. Good Sleep
Going to sleep and wake at the same time helps your mind and body to get comfortable and relax. Make sure your sleep environment is cool, calm and comfortable. Experts believe that wearing socks to bed also helps cold feet causes RLS worse. Many believe that putting a bar of soap under the sheets at the bottom of the bed reduces cramping overnight. Since this is harmless, try to see if it works for you.
7. Massage and stretching
Try to stretch your calves, hamstrings, glutes and muscles before bedtime. Take a hot bath and massage the legs before bed to relax the muscles. Do this regularly for best results.
8. Chamomile tea
Chamomile is an herb to relieve stress which helps induce sleep by SPI. Steep one teaspoon of dried herbs chamomile in a cup of hot water for 10 minutes and drink twice a day.
acupuncture, Chinese traditional needle-based therapy is an alternative strain relief has been known to help RLS. Consult your doctor before trying this method.
10. Diet Plan
Proper diet is the best defense against SPI, because it is caused by deficiency of iron, folic acid, magnesium, vitamin E, calcium and vitamin B in the body. Eat foods rich in essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals such as black strap molasses, wheat germ, oysters, fish, green leafy vegetables, orange juice and beans.
Tips for reducing restless leg syndrome (RLS):
- Drink plenty of water every day to stay hydrated, especially during exercise. Dehydration causes RLS worse.
- Control your weight, as it is one of the causes of restless leg syndrome. Putting too much weight and stress on the legs causes more problems with the SPI.
- turn off the television or computer at least 30 minutes before bedtime to sleep better. Your room should always be free to television and computer.
- Many believe that having sex helps relieve the symptoms of RLS, although there is no real evidence of this. One reason may be an intimate encounter helps relieve stress.
- Drink 1/4 cup quinine tonic water before bed as quinine settles the nervous system and relieves restless legs.
- Apply creams and ointments menthol legs to relieve RLS.
- 30 lunges leg (for each leg) before bedtime relaxes muscles and tones the thighs.
- taking apple cider vinegar tablets or drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before bedtime to solve the nervous system.
- Avoid sinus and cold medications because they can worsen RLS. When you are sick, see your doctor for other treatments or medications.
- Do not sit or stand in one position for long periods of time.
- Always wear comfortable shoes at home and work to relieve RLS.
If you do not notice any improvement after using these remedies, consult the doctor to cure the problem.
Have you tried any of these methods? Do you know of any other method to treat restless leg syndrome? Share your experience with us!