It seems that the increase in brain power and improving concentration are constant activities in our modern world, and some strategies are better than others. Some of the best ways to improve concentration include administering their attention, avoid constant sensory input, prioritize, set a schedule, regulating your diet, and eating the brain boost food , just to name a few .
Without getting too scientific, concentration is the ability to choose what pats attention and what you ignore. Concentration is one aspect key our social, professional and personal lives and drives much of what we do. If we are not able to concentrate on the road, it would be impossible and unsafe to drive. If we can not concentrate on a project or a textbook, then we are not able to function normally. Therefore, in the world of high performance today, with the seemingly constant flow of sensory information competing for our attention, the question of how to improve concentration is very important. The concentration is mainly controlled by the frontal region of the brain, and is closely linked to our working memory.
To improve our concentration, it is not a magic pill that can be taken or proceeding may suffer. Thus, the concentration is a much less tangible to improve our health problem. Of course, there are certain disorders attention that negatively affect concentration, such as ADD and ADHD , among others. These conditions are caused by a slower front or underdeveloped brain that controls our behaviors attention. This problem may be mediated through medication. However, there are many strategies and behavioral methods that can help improve your concentration, if you suffer from a disorder of real attention, or simply want to increase your attention span. That said, let’s take a closer look at some of the best ways to improve concentration.
11 Ways to improve concentration
1. Avoid constant sensory input: This may seem difficult to start question, but could be the most important since the current state of our modern world. We are constantly bombarded with sensory information from the ads in all buildings to the demands beeps our mobile phones and tablets. Daily life forces us to constantly change our focus and attention , which many believe is the cause of increased attention disorders. As we grow, we learn certain behaviors, and as evidence by clouds ADHD diagnoses, young people are particularly susceptible to develop bad habits of concentration. Put the phone down, avoid constant input, and the practice of concentrating on one thing at once!
2. Stay calm: Stress causes our body enters a heightened state of awareness, due to the release of certain hormones and neurotransmitters when we are ” stressed “. By remaining calm, even in potentially tense situations, it can be very difficult, but establishing a sense of calm in your life will help your mind to jump from one thought to another. It is necessary to establish a peaceful mentality before concentrating on one thing.
3. Learn to meditate: One of the most relaxing and invigorating ways to improve their concentration is meditating . There are many ways and different philosophies meditation , which goes beyond the scope of this article, but clearing your mind and focus on “nothing” or a single mantra, you are training your brain to clear the distractions in your normal life. This can be very powerful if you struggle to stay focused.
4. Manage Your Attention: You should try to stay present and participated in a single task or idea without losing the attention and get lost in another thought. By “manage” their attention, can improve their powers of organization, both mentally and physically. This intention to stay present and focused is not easy to do, but you remember what you’re looking for -. Better concentration skills
5. Prioritizing practice: Very often, life seems overwhelming, because there are too many things to do. His to list continues to grow and it is difficult to focus on a task without thinking about the dozens of other things that had to be done by the end of the month. Prioritization can eliminate that source of stress, so choose the most important “deadlines” or short-term or liability, either get food, finishing a document, or pick up a friend from work, and gradually release which one major things. This will give you more control over your schedule and your mind, instead of letting their responsibilities are controlled!
6. Regulate your diet: Comer has a great impact on the way we function in everyday life. If you regularly skip meals due to an uncertain schedule, or if you tend to overeat when under stress, which is doing a lot harder to concentrate . The body and mind need proper nutrition and regular energy intake to run correctly. If you are “hangry” and thinking how much you want to have eaten lunch, you will not be able to concentrate on anything until you get a bite.
7. Establish a schedule: Make a schedule life is daunting to some people, and impossible to conceive by others. However, if you are willing to regulate your life a little more, even with set times to go to sleep and waking, your body will be in more of a rhythm and your stress levels will decrease. This will help you focus on the normal order of the day, instead of trying to put together your plan every morning, distracted by thousands of possibilities.
8. Eat Brain-boosting foods: Things deciding to eat also have an impact on your concentration. Foods that are high in Vitamins minerals , and organic compounds that stimulate the body and mind are great for concentration, while high in saturated fats, artificial sugars and empty calories will not do any favors when you are trying to concentrate. Try Adding green Tea , blueberries , Salmon , Oatmeal and eggs his weekly diet and see if your brain does not get a little boost!
9. Surround yourself with people focused concentration, can be developed even by watching others. If you struggle to stay focused at work, try co-work with someone is a great performer, or never seems stressed or under-the-gun deadlines. You can see a strong power of concentration throughout cinemas to your office work, so pay attention to the physical signals, movements, the visual focus, and bubble approach that seems to surround these people. Imitate those same traits to improve their own concentration.
10. Establish clear objectives: chasing dreams and specific make firm targets and deadlines help keep you responsible for the tasks at hand. Without working towards something, motivation to work faster or more efficient is gone. You need to have a reason to concentrate and remain dedicated to a single concept or idea, or any other potential distraction that comes can be enough to break his concentration.
11. Use Concentration Exercises There are a number of simple exercises that can strengthen your brain and power of concentration. You can find many of these guides online exercises, and most strategies and “training” can be completed in a few minutes each day. Training your brain is like training your body; you will not see improvement unless you work at it!