Home » Alternative Medicine » 11 Toxic Houseplants That Are Dangerous For Your Children And Your Pets!

11 Toxic Houseplants That Are Dangerous For Your Children And Your Pets!

Plus it can be an ideal decoration for your home, but most houseplants also create a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. In addition, vegetation is to be found in every home, because some plants can actually cleanse the house and create a healthy environment and positive vibrations.

However, here are also some plants that can trigger allergic reactions or even adversely affect their health:

1. Adelfas

1-Oleander_Flowers

Your safety and the safety of their pets may be threatened by this plant. If you are driving this plant without wearing gloves because of its milky latex that can lead to skin irritation. Oleander also includes glycosides, which is a compound resulting in symptoms such as sweating, vomiting, excessive salivation, mouth irritation, shallow breathing, nausea, irregular heartbeat, diarrhea, congested mucous membranes, lack of coordination. That’s not all, but can also be fatal.

As you can see, oleander should be out of reach if you have small children or pets cat. Also, be careful if this plant is brought into contact with fire, as smoke can be very toxic.

2. Crown-of-Thorns

2-7

has a toxic compound known as esters of diterpenes that can be dangerous for you, because it can lead to irritation of the mouth and stomach as well as other symptoms such as swelling of the mouth or eyes, excessive salivation, vomiting , stomach pain or diarrhea.

Moreover, as a result of its toxic compounds present in the milky latex, this plant can also contribute to redness, swelling, or blisters on the skin.

3. Asparagus

3-4

This plant looks wonderful, but it is the worst enemy of pets. Its berries and leaves have been found to be toxic because they have a toxic compound called sapogenin. In addition, if your pet some of these leaves or berries, which can lead to abdominal pain, diarrhea and vomiting swallowed.

When hanging asparagus fern collection and its berries when they grow can prevent your pets to be in contact with this plant.

Related Post:  14 Signs Your Blood Sugar Is Way Too High!

4. Philodendrons

4-5

may have negative effects on the health of you or your pets because of their insoluble calcium oxalate crystals called raphites.

To be more specific, if contact with the sap of the plant, you may experience swelling of the tongue and lips, irritation and a burning sensation on the skin. On the other hand, pets can experience swelling of the tongue, increased salivation, difficulty breathing, vomiting, decreased consciousness, difficulty swallowing food, and seizures. Therefore, this plant is recommended to stay out of reach, especially if you have pets.

5. Caladium

5-5

Although decorating and cools the house, but this plant includes some poisonous ingredients such as asparagine and insoluble calcium oxalates.

If ingested, can cause the following symptoms: lips, tongue, mouth and irritation, excessive drooling, difficulty swallowing, diarrhea, a hoarse voice, and vomiting

.

Furthermore, depending on the amount ingested, other symptoms that may be experienced as abnormal speaking and swallowing. However, in the worst case, can result in coma or death.

Please note, if you or your pets ingest some of it, must take into account the treatment of the affected areas with warm water.

6. Elephant ear

6-3

The leaves and stems of elephant ear can be very harmful to your health and the health of their pets because they contain toxic elements such as oxalic acid and asparagine. Perhaps a lot of people ignore the fact that this plant can be harmful to the environment because it is a very good-looking plant.

Inflammation of the eyes, throat or mouth, vomiting, nausea and diarrhea are possible symptoms of ingestion of this plant. Therefore, if you or your pet experience these symptoms, consult a doctor or veterinarian.

7. Arrowhead plant

7-5

Only a few know that the sap is the most poisonous part of this plant, as it has oxalate crystals. Remember, it is highly recommended to use gloves when handling this plant. If not wearing gloves, sap can cause skin irritation and inflammation of the throat, mouth and stomach.

Related Post:  IS NOT WATER WITH LEMON: This is the only drink that you need to consume every morning!

By contrast, the possible symptoms that may experience pets are :. excessive drooling, vomiting, swelling of the mouth, pawing at his mouth and difficulty swallowing

8. Muda cane or Dieffenbachia

8-3

calcium oxalate crystals in the form of needle and asparagine, which are both toxic compounds are present in this plant. These compounds can be harmful to the health of their children and pets. That is, if ingested, can experience severe mouth irritation, swelling, difficulty swallowing and breathing, excessive drooling and numbing.

9. Plant Mauna Loa peace lily or

9-4

is also a good-looking plant that has toxic elements, which are harmful to humans and pets. This plant can cause swelling of the mouth, lips and tongue, difficulty swallowing, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.

If your pet chews or swallows, can lead to vomiting, sore mouth, face kicking, drooling and foaming.

10. Devil’s ivy or golden pothos

10

It can be especially dangerous for your pets due to their insoluble calcium oxalates. If the pet has ingested, then you may experience swelling of the tongue or lips, vomiting, scratching his face, drooling, loss of appetite, and foaming.

11. Daffodils

11-1

have bulbs that are toxic to humans and pets. Unfortunately, the bulbs of this plant are usually confused with shallots or onions and if consumed, can cause serious stomach problems, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, and in the worst cases, death.

However, in reality it does not mean that these plants should not be grown at home, but you should be very careful and do not let your children or pets to play with them.

Source: dietoflife.com

You May Also Like :
==[Click 2x to CLOSE X]==
Trending Posts!