When it comes to Restless Legs Syndrome, there are a number of home remedies available, including having sex reducing caffeine intake is regularly, drink tea , to get a massage , and the addition of valerian to your diet herbal , among others.
Restless Legs Syndrome
If you have ever shaken himself awake with a flick of your leg or arm, then you have experienced symptoms of Restless Legs Syndrome . The disorder is characterized mainly by contractions or sudden and unpredictable jerks of the body’s extremities. As this occurs mostly in the legs, as its name implies, it can also affect the torso, head and arms. Restless Legs Syndrome is considered a spectrum condition, as the range of severity can be quite dramatic, ranging from mild discomfort to constant interruptions of sleep and a serious impact on quality of life. The condition is actually secondary symptom, like most people who suffer from RLS complain of itching, ringing in the muscles, electrical impulses, or even the feeling of something crawling on the body, resulting in contraction, even when “asleep”.
These spasms occur more frequently in a state of restful vigil, which often precedes sleep, or when the body is relaxed and stationary. There are many causes for RLS, but the most common explanation is related to body iron stores. Basically, if you have a deficiency of iron or too much iron stored in your system, then RLS is much more likely to affect them.
That said, research has shown that RLS affects many other people suffering from other condition of possible causal , such as sleep apnea, ADHD , thyroid disease, Parkinson’s disease, and [19459017deficiencia] magnesium , among others. While many doctors recommend everything from antiemetic and antidepressants to dopamine agonists and anticonvulsants, there are also many natural ways for you to improve or eliminate symptoms of restless leg syndrome. That said, let’s take a closer look at the best home remedies for restless leg syndrome.
11 home remedies for restless leg syndrome
1. Having Sex – One of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to moderate symptoms of Restless Legs Syndrome is sex ! The strong release of endorphins and the subsequent relaxation period following intercourse is connected to a lower onset of RLS symptoms, so you can finally have a good night’s sleep. As for home remedies go, there are some that are more fun to try!
2. The reduced levels of caffeine – As everyone knows, caffeine is known as a booster energy (or an essential part of every morning ), but it is also a strong stimulant. If high levels of caffeine you consume, your body can remain stimulated by this “drug” all day and well into the night. Stimulants affect the nervous system, which is the main system that is involved in restless leg syndrome. If you are suffering from RLS, one of the first ways to stop the symptoms is to transmit that last afternoon espresso – let your body calms down
3. Get a massage – A massage relaxing is a wonderful way to moderate or eliminate symptoms of Restless Legs Syndrome. Not only is the release of toxins and the development of painful muscle knots, is also allowing your body and mind to slow down and rest. Chronic stress and muscle tension can cause RLS, and one of the best ways to combat stress and feel good is to immerse yourself in a massage once a month or so.
4. Drink Tea – tea all varieties contains soothing and beneficial compounds, including catechins Vitamins , polyphenols, flavonoids and other anti-inflammatory substances. These can calm the mind and soothe the body, and are highly recommended for people suffering from RLS. Green Tea and chamomile tea are two good places to start, and these are also excellent substitutes coffee in terms of high caffeine consumption.
5. Add valerian your herbal regime – Valerian root is a respected grass and is widely known as a muscle relaxant and substance to induce the dream. In essence, the herb valerian can “kill two birds with one stone” – not only soothe the muscles so that spasms and tremors do not occur, but also deepening their sleep so RLS symptoms that occur They are not strong enough to disturb your rest.
6. Taking regular walks – Keep the blood flowing is important for overall health, but is also a key part of their home remedies for RLS. By ensuring that the movement is in good shape, and that your metabolism is running at a normal level, your body will be a more efficient machine from top to bottom, including iron absorption in the intestine and nervous system, tremors and jerking prevent at night.
7. To occupy his mind – You can compare Restless Legs Syndrome your body is bored; in essence, the muscles begin to spasm, as they have been immobile for too long, and several collections of chemicals and compounds cause a spasm to occur. It is hard to miss, but the body could have something else to focus on. Some research has shown that occupying the mind before bedtime can help redirect the focus, and promote sleep, instead of being with his racing mind and eyes closed. Try doing a crossword puzzle, soduku, or reading a book, as this could only keep the legs in place!
8. Stretching exercises – Stretching is a key to our muscle health, and not only prevents injuries, but also reduces the appearance of RLS. This is particularly true if you stretch before and after exercise , and before going to sleep. The stress and pressure accumulated in the muscles can be released and not come out as a contraction of the arm in the middle of the night.
9. Set a schedule and stick to it – Altering your bedtime ritual or may not have a regular schedule for when and where you sleep may exacerbate RLS symptoms. If you are suffering from a more serious or chronic case, try to regulate your sleep patterns and get Circadian rhythms of the body to a comfortable and normal. This will help you fall asleep and stay that way without unexpected distractions of your nervous system.
10. Wear socks – While the science behind this particular resource is not fully understood, anecdotal evidence of people who have suffered from RLS say that had socks may reduce symptoms. This may be due to the numerous nerve endings in the feet, which are more easily stimulated with bare feet.
11. Modify your diet – Your diet can have a significant impact on your nervous system, as it has done in every aspect of your body. Depending on the condition that is causing your EPIRB (iron deficiency, magnesium deficiency diabetes , etc.), you will have to modify your diet accordingly. Boosting your intake of iron is easy – just add red meat, beans, spinach and cereals – but each person will be different. Talk to a doctor about what is the likely cause of RLS is and then adjust your diet from there!