An itchy scalp not only causes discomfort, but it can also be embarrassing and lead to hair loss. It is caused by dandruff, dry scalp, hair unsanitary conditions, poor diet, stress, sebaceous cysts, lice, fungal and vital infections such as eczema, psoriasis, etc. Some of the symptoms include skin infection, itching, swelling, redness and damaged hair.
home remedies for itchy scalp
follow below listed home remedies to get relief from itchy SCAP.
1. Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
Apple cider vinegar contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties that help kill the virus and yeast that causes itchy scalp. It also balances the pH levels of the scalp to remove itching.
- Rinse the hair and scalp and let dry completely.
- Mix equal parts vinegar apple cider and water.
- Apply this solution directly to the scalp with a cotton ball and massage for a few minutes.
- put a towel around your head and leave for 15 -. 20 minutes
- shampooing and water.
- Repeat once or twice a week.
2. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a potent natural anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help treat itchy scalp.
- dilute 2 -. 3 drops of tea tree oil in a tablespoon of vegetable oil
- massage the scalp to unlock the hair follicles and give relief from itching ..
- regularly use this for 1-2 weeks.
- Add 10 to 20 drops of tea tree oil to 1/2 cup baby shampoo
- Mix well and use this day to wash hair.
- Repeat the process regularly get relief from itching of the scalp.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties that helps give relief from dryness.
- Squeezing a fresh leaf gel of aloe vera.
- Apply this to your scalp.
- Leave for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash with mild shampoo and water
- repeat this process 1-2 times a week.
- can also purchase aloe vera gel.
4. Coconut oil
Coconut oil acts as a barrier that keeps the hydrated scalp and reduces dryness.
- Wash your hair and allow to dry.
- Apply a few drops of coconut oil on the scalp. Make sure you are covered.
- Leave for at least 30 minutes shampooing unscented.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
- Or you can add coconut oil to your shampoo gently warmed before rinsing hair.
5. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate exfoliate the scalp and prevents dandruff which is caused by hyperactive fungi.
- Apply a few drops of olive oil on the scalp and rub for a few minutes.
- mix one or two tablespoons of baking soda in water.
- Apply this paste directly on the scalp and leave to soak for 10 -. 15 minutes
- Rinse with water and repeat regularly.
6. Lemon Juice
lemon contains antiseptic properties and vitamin C, which helps treat dry itchy scalp and leather.
- Massage fresh lemon juice on your scalp.
- leave 5 minutes before rinsing with water.
- Rinse again with a cup of water and a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Repeat this remedy regularly.
- Note: lemon juice lightens dark hair and stings broken skin
- Mix the lemon juice and yogurt.
- Apply on the scalp and leave for a few minutes.
- wash your hair with a mild shampoo and repeat every day.
7. sesame seed oil
Sesame oil contains highly nutritious, lubrication and healing properties.
- gently heat the sesame seed oil.
- Applying this hot oil on the scalp and massage gently for 10 minutes before bedtime.
- wrap your head in a warm towel and leave for 10 minutes and then remove it.
- The next morning, rinse your hair and scalp with shampoo.
- keep doing this process regularly to prevent itchy scalp.
banana has nourishing and moisturizing properties that helps remove scale, inflammation and dryness. Relieves itching conditioning the hair and scalp.
- Mash two ripe bananas and a ripe avocado into a paste
- Apply on the scalp and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and repeat regularly.
9. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil contains a molecular structure that is closely related to the natural oil or tallow. It has an effective rejuvenating and moisturizing properties to cure itchy scalp and makes your hair grow strong.
- Massage a small amount of jojoba oil on the scalp for a few minutes at night.
- leave overnight and wash with mild shampoo the next morning.
- Continue doing this once a week.
10. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is a natural astringent that helps cure itchy scalp by reducing inflammation. Reduce the itchy scalp caused by hair coloring and blow drying.
- Mix one part hazelnut oil with two parts water.
- Pour into their hands thoroughly and apply on the scalp.
- Massage gently for 5 -. 10 minutes
- rinse hair and scalp.
11. Olive oil, mayonnaise and broccoli puree
Olive oil helps reduce excess fat, mayonnaise helps moisturize the scalp and removes lice and adds shine to the hair and broccoli deeply cleanses your hair.
- Mix these ingredients together to make a paste.
- Rub into the scalp and leave it for a few minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and repeat regularly.
Tips for reducing itchy scalp
Here are some tips that can help soothe and calm her, itchy dry scalp.
- Dry hair thoroughly every day because wet hair product buildup causes leading to dryness and itching.
- brush or comb gently 2-3 times a day, which helps distribute natural oils
- Do not use products containing alcohol.
- Make sure you do not have head lice.
- Try to reduce your stress levels by doing exercises like yoga, meditation, deep breathing, walking, swimming, etc.
- Drink water as often as possible to hydrate yourself and your scalp.
- Eating foods rich in fatty acids, vitamin A, B and C and zinc.
- Use to increase blood flow and hot oil massage reduces dryness.
- take supplements of vitamin E to moisturize the skin and stay hydrated.
- Do not scratch the scalp as this can worsen the problem.
- Try new shampoos and conditioners, oils, etc. for 2 weeks to remove any accumulation resulting from the continued use of older people.
- avoid applying chemicals to your hair.
- Regularly clean sheets and bed pillows to avoid the problem of mites.
If the itching of the scalp will not heal in a week or two, and then consult a dermatologist.
Do you think any other effective remedy losses in the article? Please share with us.