is an effective antiseptic Listerine mouthwash that many people include in their care routine daily oral health. This mouthwash is known to improve oral health and has been on the market for over 100 years.
Listerine scientific studies have found to be effective in reducing the development of plaque and gingivitis, thanks to its antiplaque antigingivitis qualities.
However, this mouthwash is not only effective for washing away the plate and improve overall oral health. Due to its antiseptic, antifungal, astringent properties and disinfecting properties and its alcohol content, Listerine has certainly proved useful in our daily lives in many other ways. Make sure you use the original Listerine brown, not blue.
Here are 10 amazing uses of Listerine mouthwash “I’ve never heard of.
1. cures toenail fungus and athlete’s foot
If you have a nail fungus or athlete’s foot, his bottle of Listerine mouthwash regularly can help treat the problem in a few days.
Listerine contains thymol, which has antifungal properties that help kill the fungus responsible for nail fungus . It provides rapid relief of symptoms such as itching and burning and excessive itching.
also it acts as an antiseptic to prevent further infection.
- For the treatment of mild nail fungus, DAB some Listerine mouthwash on cotton balls and place them on the affected toenails. Wrap with a small bandage or tape to hold cotton balls. Leave them in about 45 minutes, then gently rub the toenails a soft toothbrush. Wash and dry thoroughly. Repeat once daily.
- For serious athlete’s foot ‘, mix equal amounts of white vinegar and Listerine. Soak your feet in the solution for 30 minutes before washing. Repeat 2 or 3 times a week.
2. It is used to treat ringworm
You can use regular mouthwash to treat jock itch, which causes a lot of itching and discomfort. Its cooling property can relieve itching instantly.
Listerine Antiseptic nature reduces pain and inflammation, while its content of thymol and alcohol helps kill the fungus that causes this infection.
- soak a cotton ball in Listerine.
- Rub gently on the affected skin.
- Let it dry by itself. Then rinse.
- Repeat this remedy 2 or 3 times a day for a few months to complete relief.
Along with scabies, Listerine can be used to reduce the itching caused by insect bites and itchy reactions to poison ivy or poison oak.
3. Whitens yellow nails
If your nails are discolored due to some kind of fungal infection, Listerine can reduce yellowing and make your whiter nails than ever .
Listerine contains several active ingredients having antifungal, such as menthol, eucalyptol and thymol properties. These help fight infection and restore the health of nails.
- Mix equal amounts of vinegar and Listerine. Soak discolored nails in this solution for 20 minutes, then gently rub the nails with a soft toothbrush. Repeat every day for a few days until your nails turn white.
- Alternatively, soak nails in Listerine faded for 20 minutes. Do this every day for a week, then take a break for a week, and repeat the procedure next week.
4. Reduce dandruff
Listerine can be used to treat dandruff, thanks to its antifungal properties and alcohol content.
- Apply some Listerine to the scalp. Massage with fingers in a circular motion for a couple of minutes. Leave on for 5 minutes and then wash hair as usual. Follow this remedy 2 or 3 times a week.
- You can also rinse your hair and scalp with a mixture made of ¼ cup of Listerine and 1 cup water. Later, wash your hair as usual. Repeat 2 or 3 times a week.
This popular mouthwash can also be used to treat childhood cradle cap, which is a severe form of dandruff.
5. Kills Head Lice
Listerine works well in killing lice, a common annoying problem among school children. It is safe and effective for use in young children. menthol content of cooling also helps relieve itching.
- Massaging the scalp and hair with some mouthwash.
- Cover hair with a shower cap for 2 hours.
- then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- While hair is still damp, use a lice comb remove dead lice and lice eggs remaining .
- do this for a couple of days, then repeat weekly, depending on the degree of infestation
. Note: to apply the Listerine on the hair and scalp, make sure that does not enter into his eyes and nose. Also, do not apply on open wounds on the scalp.
6. Soothes dry, cracked heels
To soften dry heels and Listerine is very effective. It is used often in the foot soak to soften heels, which can also prevent cracked heels.
also it contains thymol, an ingredient that kills the bacteria responsible for foot odor. In addition, astringent character helps reduce the amount of your sweaty feet, which helps reduce odor.
- Put 2 cups of hot water in a foot tub.
- Add 1 cup each of white vinegar and Listerine.
- soak your feet in this solution for 20 minutes.
- Add more hot water to keep warm water.
- remove the feet of the solution and use a pumice stone to scrub off dead skin cells.
- Finally, wash your feet, dry thoroughly and apply a little moisturizer.
- Follow this remedy once a week to keep your feet soft and smooth.