just began to eat the food scare away? I bet this is because he fears the burning sensation in the chest that makes its way down her throat! This is what we call GERD – Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. The disease you know with the name of acid reflux disease and heartburn.
Understanding acid reflux and heartburn
all have the LES (lower esophageal sphincter) that can be thought of as a tight seal connecting tube food on our stomach. When the LES relaxes while our stomach is still working to digest food, stomach acids travel back up into the esophagus causing inflammation, irritation and scarring. As a result, the esophagus narrows down and the food we eat gets stuck there. We also experience one or all symptoms such as hoarseness, burning, irritation, coughing, wheezing, nausea and well. Acid reflux also sometimes cause heartburn, which is the feeling of tightness, pain or discomfort in the center of the chest.
There are several reasons that lead to acid reflux include obesity, spicy or acidic foods or even large meals at once, smoking, and sometimes certain medications antibiotics that kill good bacteria in our body along with the bad. Acid reflux, in turn, may or may not cause heartburn. While over-the-counter medications are available to grant temporary relief from acid reflux, it is better to adopt home remedies to treat heartburn permanently and acid reflux.
home remedies for acid reflux and heartburn
1. Avoid foods that trigger acid reflux
Even before starting any home remedy, you should stop eat foods that will certainly lead to heartburn. Thus, caffeine is best avoided, soft drinks such as soft drinks, chocolate, peppermint, citrus fruits, tomatoes, onions, fatty foods and even when you are sure you get rid of GERD.
2. Watch what, how and when to eat
can call small changes in their habits dietery but they are essential if you want to get relief from acid reflux. Therefore, do the following
- Eating more fiber in your meals so that your digestive system is alert and moving. Best and early digestion will be sure to prevent acid reflux.
- Eat smaller meals. It is possible to eat five to six smaller of having three large meals a day meals. When too much is eaten, the stomach can not keep up with the LES closed for longer, while working with bile and acids.
- Not only smaller meals, also should take smaller bites and eat slowly. This will prevent the LES as it is and not cause it to loosen.
- Have your last meal at least two to three hours before going to bed. This ensures complete digestion of food and no chance to travel given by acids in the feed tube.
3. Small lifestyle changes bring
Bring some changes in your lifestyle is much better than suffering horrible burning sensation and irritation in his chest all weather. Indeed, prolonged acid reflux may also lead to esophageal cancer due to acids up there.
- Lose weight if you are obese. the pressure of abdominal fat can turn back the acid into the esophagus.
- should also see your sleeping position. Keep your high body while sleeping.
- mouth Sleeping on your left side may also help in digestion. Better and faster digestion means no acid reflux. Some studies suggest that when you sleep on your stomach or on the right side, an additional pressure that could trigger symptoms of GERD is exercised.
- Stop smoking. Smoking weakens the muscle, SLE, and can often not narrow release acid into the esophagus are maintained.
- cut back on alcohol, especially red wine, which triggers heartburn.
- Wear lose clothing, especially around the abdomen. tight jeans, pants and skirts can put pressure on your stomach release acid back into his throat.
4. Almonds have
Having raw almonds contains help acid reflux. Almond is the production of alkaline and alkaline foods works to balance the body’s pH level. Therefore, one can say that almonds can neutralize acid sensatin causing burning in the esophagus. It is also a good source of calcium, which in turn is highlyy recommended for patients with GERD.
- There may be handful of almonds as a snack every day.
- have 2-3 almonds after every meal.
- can also keep some almond in the bag or office drawer to find them easily when you’re attacked by acid reflux!
5. Drinking Aloe Vera juice
This wonder herb aloe vera relieves burning skin and the lining of the esophagus burning! Aloe vera can reduce inflammation of the esophagus and stomach. You can even cure existing damage caused by acid reflux and heartburn.
- If you have a serious problem due to acid reflux, have half a cup of aloe juice before every meal. However beware of its laxative properties as well.
- On the other hand, have 2 ounces of aloe juice first thing in the morning mixed with a glass of water.
6. Acid Use apple cider vinegar to counteract stomach acid
Some of the recent health research has established that acid reflux is not always caused by excessive production of acid. Sometimes it can result from under acid production as well. As our body takes cues automatically when the stomach does not produce enough acid, LES can loosen itself thinking that the digestion process is complete as there is little or no acid remaining in the stomach. This can cause heartburn. If that is the case, you will have to experiment to have a little apple cider vinegar, an acid.
- Add 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with ¾ or 1 cup of water.
- drink this mixture before lunch.
- However, if you experience increased instance of acid reflux stop taking vinegar.
7. An apple a day could keep your heartburn away!
This is rather a delicious way to keep acid reflux at bay. The fibers absorb the block distance acids produced in the stomach. It does not mean, fiber is good for digestion and bowel movement also. High amounts of dietary fiber in an apple makes it a good cure for indigestion and in turn for acid reflux.
- Have an apple before going to bed; or
- Having fresh once or even several times a day apples.
8. Help yourself with ginger and chamomile tea
Yes, a variety of tea can come to your rescue when suffering from GERD. You can get organic tea health stores or make fresh tea using certain herbs and roots, which suits you.
ginger tea acts as an acid buffer.
• Take 3-inch piece of ginger and boil in water for about 15-20 minutes.
• Add a pinch of honey to this. Honey, almonds, helps balance the pH level of the body and neutralizes stomach acids.
• Strain and take this tea before meals.
Chamomile tea helps reduce inflammation in the stomach. You need petals dried chamomile flowers, honey, lemon and water.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add the chamomile petals and simmer for about a minute.
- Remove the flame and cover the pot. Let seep for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and pour the tea into a cup.
- Add a dash of honey and lemon each.
is better to have chamomile tea before bedtime.
9. A teaspoon of mustard
mustard is again an element producing alkaline food. Therefore, you may want to give this an attempt to ease out of acid reflux. Any type of mustard is able to neutralize stomach acid, but prefer to have good quality mustard is yellow. You may first feel anything burning fire goes through the esophagus. However let it slide slowly covering him completely planted throat. This will give immediate relief of heartburn.
10. Licorice for soothing relief on acid
Licorice is an herb that has been used since ancient times to treat cough and cold. It is said that chemicals in reducing edema and licorice cough, helps in thinning mucous secretions, and also increase these chemicals in the body that can heal ulcers. This herb creates a thin film of protective mucus that coats the lining of the esophagus, thus preventing damage from stomach acids. Licorice root can be used to make tea in boiling water. However, some components of licorice may increase blood pressure. Therefore, many people who suffer from GERD would like licorice DIG chewable tablets before lunch. DIG licorice tablets do not contain glycyrrhizic acid leads to high blood pressure.
Some quick tips for immediate relief from acid reflux
When they realize that there is a sudden attack of acid reflux, you can follow this super quick remedies for immediate relief. These remedies may be short-lived, but I comfort for some time.
- Add 1 teaspoon baking soda in 1 cup of warm water and drink.
- a cup full of chilled milk.
- chew gum (sugarless gum) after the meal. This triggers the production of saliva, which in turn washes the acid in the throat and esophagus.
- If the acidity is due to antibiotics, they have a lot of yogurt, yogurt preferably probiotic.
- Having a banana.
- Include celery in your meals. Having celery before going to bed.
All of the above are good home remedies to get rid of acid reflux. However, not everyone agrees. Remember, the causes of acid reflux are different for different people! Therefore, finding a home remedy or combination of remedies herbal or home acidity that keeps away and just stick to that remedy!