Colic is termed as a condition marked by frustration predictable periods of significant discomfort in otherwise healthy baby well fed. Babies suffering from colic tears this frequent over 3 hours a day, 3 days a week for 3 weeks or more. It can be distressing situation for both you and your baby. However, colic is relatively short-lived for weeks or months, so that both (you and your baby) will get relief from this colic.
complain and mourn are normal for children, but other than that colic symptoms include episodes of predictable crying (baby is colicky tears at the same time every day, ie in the afternoon or evening for a few minutes to 3 hours or more and at the end of episode of colic, you are baby defecating or passing gas), intense or inconsolable crying (colic crying makes your baby’s face can rinse and extremely difficult, if not comfort makes), mourn for no apparent reason (usually, babies may mourn sometimes need some want as food, drink or a clean diaper, etc., but there is no clear cause associated with colic strokes), changes in posture (crying for colic include many changes in his posture as curled up legs, clenched fists and tightened his abdominal muscles, etc.). Some causes of this colic include allergies, lactose intolerance, changes of good bacteria found in the digestive system, anxious parents and how they feed their babies, women who smoke during and after pregnancy will birth to infants with colic, etc. ., But it has not found the real reason for this
Home Remedies for colic :.
There are many true that calm your baby natural home remedies and proven. Try these remedies for your baby to get relief from colic.
1. Chamomile tea:
Chamomile has (19 different constituents antispasmodic) and antispasmodic properties help relieve intestinal cramps and induce relaxation sedative (5 sedatives).
- Take a teaspoon of chamomile flowers and place them in a cup
- Then fill the cup with boiling water and covered
- Allow to stand for about 10 -. 15 minutes and strain the tea
- Give your baby pouring tea in a bottle unless and until the tea is hot or at room temperature.
- or a nursing mother can also drink this tea unless she is allergic to pollen.
- Or you can use chamomile tea bags prepacked instead of flowers.
- Repeat this once or twice a day until the baby get relief from colic problem.
2. Soy products:
protein found in cow’s milk is to blame for this problem. This protein is also found in many infant formulas containing dairy products and milk of lactating mothers. Research says there will be an improvement in colic after eliminating dairy products from the diet of their babies. Therefore, try to eliminate dairy for 2 weeks and in that place of dairy, you and your baby switch soy products (if you are breast-feeding) and will notice improvement in 3 to 4 days. If not, then you assume that milk is not the culprit in this case.
3. Running water:
Water is one of the simplest ways to calm your baby techniques. Make them hear the sound of water can help soothe themselves.
- Take a bowl and place it in the sink
- Now open the tap and hold the baby next to the sink
- This process helps them to hear the cascade of water in a container.
- If the kitchen sink is not producing enough volume to hear the sound then can try bathroom sink, as this may accentuate the soothing sounds of water.
- or place a bottle of warm water (not hot) against the baby’s stomach soothing effect for them and get relief from colic.
Peppermint contains antispasmodic properties that help reduce intestinal spasms in children who face this problem colic.
- Take a teaspoon of dried mint grass and place it in a cup
- Now fill the cup with boiling water and cover the cup.
- Steep for about 10 to 15 minutes and then strain the tea
- feed your baby by pouring the tea into your bottle, when it is hot.
- Even nursing mothers can also have a cup of mint tea to get relief to their babies.
- continue taking or feed their babies until this colic rid of this problem.
Basil is an aromatic herb that has large amounts of eugenol which in turn contains antispasmodic and sedative to get relief from the problem.
- Take a teaspoon of dried basil leaves and place in a cup.
- Then add the cup full of boiling water and cover.
- Steep for about 10 to 15 minutes and strain the tea
- While tea is hot or at room temperature to give their babies in a bottle
- also a mother infant can drink this tea
- Repeat this regularly until the baby got colic relief from this problem.
mint-flavored water is a century old remedy used to treat colic. It contains an ingredient called channel blocker active calcium helps relieve intestinal discomfort, a common problem associated with colic.
- Take a peppermint stick and dip it in water for a few minutes
- Remember that many sticks contain sugar and choose the good tea.
- Strain the tea and fed it to her baby by pouring in a bottle.
- also a lactating woman can drink this tea regularly.
- But make sure you never use peppermint oil directly to make tea, because it is too strong for the baby.
- Regulate the process for solving the problem completely colic.
Massaging the baby’s stomach in the direction of clockwise and curl your knees towards the stomach of a gently way certainly gives relief. As babies swallow air during their cry much as a gentle massage helps release trapped gas in your stomach. Or else bathe the child in hot water also work well in treating colic.
Generally, babies who are bottle-fed swallow a lot of air, so it is important for your baby burp after feeding. Most parents have difficulty getting their children burp and as a result, the gas is trapped and cause discomfort. To get rid of these problems, you can find the burping method that works best for your baby to relieve intestinal problems.
9. Music play:
Playing music is a relaxing way to cool your baby colic. This helps to distract your child’s problem. Singing a lullaby for baby with colic or creating background noise or music will divert your attention. Their babies love to be held, because it makes them feel safe and loved, so while singing rock your baby in your arms and try different position and see what works well for your child to sleep properly or place your child in vibrant cradle.
10. gripe water:
Gripe Water is one of the best remedies used worldwide to treat stomach gas problems of infants and other intestinal problems.
- grape water is an infusion composed of various herbs such as chamomile, dill, fennel, mint, ginger and cumin herbs.
- All these herbs help give relief from stomach gas and other intestinal problems.
- Influenza colic drops of water or are readily available in pharmacies so you can buy and use it to get relief from colic.
- or you can make this recipe at home and use them to get fend off the problem.
11. Other herbal remedies:
you can also use other herbal remedies that are listed below by consulting your pediatrician and know the dose of extract.
- Fennel: helps relieve cramps and bowel spasms
- Caraway: helps treat symptoms such as indigestion, gas in the stomach and reflux
- ginger : help treat nausea, muscle spasms and stimulates smooth digestion
- Aloe Vera. it helps relieve swelling related to the gas
- Melisa. related to the mint family, helps to soothe, relax, encourages sleep and helps relieve gas pains
- Blackthorn. promotes regularity of bowel movements and relieve cramps
- Charcoal: helps eliminate toxins the body and absorb the gas
Tips for reducing colic.
Here are some effective tips that provide comfort your child, giving relief of colic.
- Always try to keep your baby moving as playing with the car in motion, rocking, etc. If you take the baby in the car it is too inconvenient then put the child in the car seat on top of the dryer running, remember to never leave your baby unattended.
- There are some devices available on the market that vibrate rock or baby crib, also some have sound sensors that movement start only when the baby begins to mourn and leave after the baby has calmed down or asleep.
- Please note that babies often cry because they are tired (check if the baby is not crying because of fatigue treat, such as feeding, burping, mimes, check for signs of disease, etc. . in such cases, the child picking will stimulate the baby more and this leads to more tears. So leave a baby crying alone and make them sleep for more relief from the discomfort.
- Try to understand that the colic is not a serious medical problem that they will not endanger health. it is one of the foundations for the development of your child to leave then move to stay calm.
- milk is also one of the causes of the colic problem. therefore, stay away from dairy products (itself if breastfeeding) or change the formula baby milk will help improve your condition.
- Add fiber to food your baby will help to reduce the problem of colic. From 1/2 teaspoon 3 times a day and increase it to 1/2 teaspoon 6 times a day will do the trick.
- If you have reached a point of near madness due to the crying baby, then it’s time to have a long hot shower to relax the frayed nerves and gives relief from frustration. But remember that the baby is in a safe place as the cradle.
- keep track of weight record, the frequency of your baby and duration of crying episodes helps keep track of your progress. It also helps to know his status as a child when it came to the pediatrician.
- The colicky babies cry because of overly stimulated. Then try to calm the baby instead of bouncing or rocking them. Here are some highly respected tools like hot water that filled with water, dip a towel and place it on the back or the child’s stomach. A pacifier or repetitive sounds such as fan noise or a humidifier.
- wait until the baby reaches 6 months of age that this is the end of colic problem.
- Having regular contact with your pediatrician for ideas invaluable experiences and tranquility.
- Some babies under 12 weeks of age often fall asleep while they are fed and it is sometimes difficult for them to sleep without help. Having regular sleep schedule, waking finally helps them fall asleep without your help.
- Change your baby’s diaper every night before going to sleep, cuddle together in the rocking chair and finally set the baby in the crib when they go to sleep altogether.
- Feed your baby as often as possible. This was demonstrated in the case of! Kung San, who feed their babies to feed almost continuously research and also speculate that this power will ensure mourn reduced.
- Try to keep as much direct contact as possible. Pediatricians also recommend carrying and hugging a colicky baby as much as possible will help reduce colic condition.
- lactating women have to take care of your diet because there are many foods that should be avoided during lactation. Make sure your diet does not include a lot of dairy products.
- Try to keep your baby as upright as possible position during feeding. In addition, you can select the bottles with disposable bags and folding reduce the amount of air the baby swallows instead of other bottles.
- Suction provides soothing affect both baby can be breast-feeding or offering a pacifier to calm your baby.
- also give sugar water, homeopathic remedies, apply fennel oil on the baby’s stomach, go for chiropractic manipulation and acupuncture are some of the other messages help to give relief from colic in your baby.
All these natural remedies and tips above will help to address the problem of colic in babies. It will disappear in a few months or otherwise seek medical attention, especially when a bluish cast seen in the lips or the skin of your baby during crying episodes (especially to eat, sleep or behavior).
Have you tried any of these remedies for colic your baby? Or do you know of any other remedies that address this effectively colic? Then they come forward to share their experience with us.