stomach flu, also known as viral gastroenteritis, is caused by bacteria, viruses and parasites that can be transmitted through food, water and animal and person to person. We’ve all experienced vomiting, abdominal cramps, fever, headache, nausea, pain and typically associated with diarrhea stomach flu. Although there is no effective cure for stomach flu, there are ways you can use these home remedies to relieve symptoms until the disease runs its course.
home remedies for stomach flu
The methods are about to learn are safe, inexpensive, and free of side effects. The most important thing is that they are very effective. Let’s start!
Ginger reduces inflammation and promotes proper digestion, relieve diarrhea and nausea.
- Add 1 teaspoon powdered ginger or ½ teaspoon fresh ginger root to 1 cup water.
- Boil 5 minutes and let stand 10 minutes.
- If you use fresh ginger root, strain the tea.
- Drink 2-3 times a day to get relief.
- Note also the use of ginger to spice up your meals
Chamomile is an anti-inflammatory agent and. mild sedative. Relax your stomach muscles to relieve cramps. It is also anti-microbial, so it kills germs that cause stomach flu.
- boil a cup of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried chamomile.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Drink 2 times a day.
- . Note: if you are allergic to chamomile, try rooibos (red) tea
Mint is naturally anti- microbial, so it kills germs that cause stomach flu. It is also a sedative, which relaxes the muscles of the stomach, in addition to relieving gas, upset stomach, and bloating. Use it regularly in small doses to prevent stomach flu.
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Add a handful of fresh mint leaves, washed.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain and pour into glass.
- stir in raw honey or sugar to sweeten.
- Drink 2 times a day to reduce stomach flu.
- . Note: You can chew gum or a mint
4. clear liquids
stomach flu causes the body to reject and regurgitate most of what you eat, leading to severe dehydration. Try to drink water in small sips, and if that fails, try sucking on ice cubes. The clear broth, sports drinks, and fruit juices and vegetables are also good for you as they replace some of the vitamins that your body needs to heal. Drinking ginger tea or clear soda if you have nausea. Avoid caffeine and alcohol, and to prevent nausea and vomiting that causes dehydration.
Garlic is antibacterial and antimicrobial, which protects the digestive system of the germs that cause the stomach flu. It also relieves the lining of the stomach and intestines to relieve cramps and nausea.
- Peel and chop the garlic a few teeth.
- Mix with 1 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Coma this mixture once a day.
- Use garlic in your cooking as a seasoning regularly to prevent stomach flu.
stomach flu is the result of an accumulation of bad bacteria in the colon and digestive tract. Probiotics are rich in good bacteria that help the digestive system function properly.
- Avoid antibiotics if possible, and ending with the good and bad bacteria.
- Instead, eat foods rich in probiotics, such as yogurt, kefir, soy milk, fermented cabbage, milk, black chocolate, and olives.
- The consumption of these foods regularly will help prevent stomach flu.
Sodium is an electrolyte vomiting and diarrhea and helps the body stay hydrated stops. Use it in the kitchen and drinks, but use it sparingly.
Blueberries are rich in fiber and rich in antioxidants. Bulk help seat to relieve diarrhea, and keep the body hydrated. Eat at least a handful of fresh or dried blueberries every day.
The acid in lemons helps kill pathogens that cause diarrhea. It also helps relieve nausea and vomiting.
- Add 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice to water, tea and juice drink throughout the day; use lemon juice to spice up your kitchen
- also simply take 2 tablespoons before each meal.
PALO means bananas, white rice, applesauce and toast. It is an easily digestible diet that helps regulate stomach acid and promote proper digestion. The fiber in apples and bananas relieves diarrhea in increased volume to the stool. Cook rice with more water, once cookedstrain rice remaining water. Drink this to get relief from nausea and vomiting. plain toast settle the stomach to relieve nausea.
Tips for treating stomach flu
- Rest as much as possible so that your body can contribute all its energy to the immune system and fight disease.
- avoid spicy foods, fats and fatty acids, and avoid all dairy products other than yogurt.
- Always wash your hands thoroughly with hot water and soap, especially before cooking and after using the toilet.
- Do not share personal hygiene items with others.
- avoid close contact with people suffering from the flu.
- Avoid touching your face a lot throughout the day s no direct contact and spread bacteria or virus that causes the flu ..
- avoid raw or rare meats and unpasteurized milk.
- Wash fruits and vegetables before cooking or eating to kill bacteria.
- Use as a spice turmeric regularly to fight bacteria in the body.
Stomach flu usually lasts only 24-48 hours, but can persist for up to 10 days. If these treatments do not help, consult a doctor.
Have you tried these methods to treat stomach flu at home? What worked best for you? Share your experience with us!