Cradle cap is also known as infantile seborrheic dermatitis. It causes flaky skin, dry, or scale brown or yellowish color, in the baby’s scalp. It is most common in the first months and disappears by itself around 6 to 12 months without any treatment. However, in certain cases, it can take longer, but should not worry until and unless causes itching. It can also occur in the eyebrows, eyelids, ears, armpits and other body folds and creases baby, but is not contagious.
The cause of cradle cap is unknown, but some researchers believe it may be caused due to hormones passed from mother to child, extreme weather, food allergies, antibiotics taken by the mother during pregnancy, the growth of fungus (Malassezia), overstimulation of the sebaceous glands of the baby or growth of yeast in the digestive tract. Be sure to consult a pediatrician if it is spreading.
If only a slight problem, all you need is gentle massage on the baby’s scalp with your fingers or a soft brush to loosen scales flaked and then wash with mild baby shampoo .
Home Remedies for Cradle Cap:
Follow these effective home remedies to treat the problem of cradle cap naturally without causing any damage to the skin soft and tender baby.
1. Olive oil
Olive oil contains many antioxidants that help cleanse, moisturize and protect the skin. Vitamin A and E in olive oil help restore skin elasticity, while hydroxytyrosol unclogs pores.
- Apply olive oil on the scalp and hair of the baby.
- rub gently to spread the oil through the scalp and hair.
- is left for about 10 -. 15 minutes without any disturbance
- Rub the scalp gently with a comb or a washcloth to loosen the skin with scab.
- Wash the scalp and hair with a mild baby shampoo and warm water.
- Apply warm olive oil on the baby’s scalp during the night.
- massage gently into the night.
- The next morning, use a soft baby brush or clean cloth to scrub and remove loose skin.
- wash with a mild shampoo and warm water.
- Repeat daily or on alternate days regularly.
2. Mineral Oil
Mineral oil prevents dehydration and acts as a great emollient that makes the skin soft. This effectively moisturizes the skin and not clog pores of the skin. It also reduces inflammation.
- Apply mineral oil on the scalp at night before going to sleep.
- Cover the head with a shower cap and leave overnight.
- wash with mild baby shampoo the next morning.
- forward regularly.
- Apply oil on the baby’s scalp.
- Let it on the scalp for 2 -. 3 hours
- baby shampoo Rub gently for a minute or two.
- Now take a clean, damp cloth and gently rub the scalp with circular motions.
- wash your hair with warm water.
- Follow 3-4 times a week for about 2 -. 3 weeks
- O Apply the oil on the scalp after a bath.
- This moisturizes dry skin and does not cause dryness.
- follow this process regularly.
3. Coconut oil
This nourishing oil is enriched with many other fatty acids that help moisturize the skin and vitamin E. These medium chain fatty acids activate antifungal and antimicrobial functions and thereby protecting the scalp of many skin diseases. It is also very safe to use.
- Apply organic coconut oil on the scalp babies.
- massage gently for a few minutes.
- Leave for 15 -. 20 minutes
- Comb hair to loosen the skin so that it comes out easily.
- Wash baby’s hair using a mild shampoo and warm water.
- Repeat this regularly to get rid of cradle cap.
4. Almond oil
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E, A and D, oleic and linoleic. It moisturizes the skin and reduces inflammation. Your property emollient keeps the skin soft, prevent dryness and gives relief from irritation and itching.
- Apply almond oil on the scalp and hair thoroughly.
- massage gently for a few minutes and left for 20 -. 30 minutes
- Comb hair gently to rule dry flaky skin.
- Wash the scalp and hair with a mild shampoo and dry.
- Continue this process regularly.
- tea oil and almond oil
- Mix 10 :. Ratio of 1
- Apply this oil mixture on the head and gently massage.
- let it sit for about 15 -. 20 minutes
- Use a soft brush to get rid of loose skin flakes teeth.
- Rinse with a mild baby shampoo.
- repeat this process once a day or on alternate days.
5. Shea Butter
Shea butter is an excellent moisturizer that has healing properties. This butter contains vitamins A and E, which is good for the treatment of various skin conditions such as dermatitis, wrinkles, eczema, psoriasis, etc. The oil has been obtained from the cold pressing of the seeds of the shea tree, which contains no chemicals or preservatives.
- Apply a sufficient amount of shea butter in the baby’s scalp.
- massage gently for a few minutes and then comb your hair gently.
- wash it with a mild shampoo and warm water.
- This process has to be done regularly.
Moisturize the affected area and remove the crusts loosening the oily scales. Most people have found that this resource is one of the simplest and most convenient way to treat cradle cap remedies.
- Apply petroleum jelly to the baby’s head and scalp.
- Massage gently for one hour.
- wet hair with warm water.
- Use a soft brush on the baby’s head gently for a few minutes.
- Wash your hair and scalp thoroughly with hot water.
- Pat dry gently with a soft towel.
- regulate this process several times a week.
7. Homemade oil scalp
This scalp oil is prepared by using olive oil as a base. You can use any oil like lavender or rosemary or basil oil, which has properties anti – microbial, anti – ,, soothing properties to relieve itching inflammatory
- Mix 2 cups of olive oil and 5 drops of essential oil (your choice).
- Pour into a bottle store.
- Apply this oil on the baby’s scalp during the night.
- Wash with a mild shampoo (preferably having calendula) the next morning.
- Use a cloth to rub the scalp gently to remove the crust.
- ahead with the implementation of the oil regularly.
8. Breast milk
Breast milk is one of the best remedy to treat cradle cap.
- Squirt some breast milk in a small bowl.
- Apply baby’s scalp during the night.
- Leave overnight and this will make the scales thick crusts from smooth.
- The next morning, use a soft scrub the scalp to remove scale brush.
- Wash the baby’s head with a soft baby shampoo and then with hot water.
- to repeat this process once a day.
9. Sodium Bicarbonate
Sodium bicarbonate has antibacterial and exfoliating properties that fight skin dryness properties. the pH level of the scalp is balanced and far alkaline property maintains all infections.
- Mix baking soda with enough carrier oil (olive oil or coconut oil or almond oil) to make a paste.
- Apply to the child’s scalp and leave for a few minutes.
- Wash with a mild shampoo and water.
- Regularize this process.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the scalp and leave for a few minutes to dry.
- Use a soft brush comb to the scalp.
- Rinse the scalp and hair with a mild baby shampoo.
- Repeat regularly to get rid of cradle cap.
- Mix soda and vinegar apple cider soda to make a paste.
- Apply this on the scalp, more leather in the affected area.
- Let stand a few minutes to dry.
- wash with a mild shampoo and water.
- keep doing this process regularly.
10. The tea tree oil
Sometimes cradle cap is caused due to fungal infection. essential oil is tea tree terpenoids having antiseptic and antifungal properties. However, it is very strong, so be sure to dilute it first.
- Oil Blend tea tree and carrier oil (like almond / olive / coconut / jojoba / avocado oil) in the 1:10.
- gently massage the scalp for babies andleave few minutes for 15 minutes.
- wash with gentle baby shampoo.
- Repeat the same regularly to get rid of cradle cap.
- Do not let it get in the baby’s eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stir 5 drops of tea tree oil and 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Apply this on the infected skin area.
- massage gently for a few minutes and is for 10 minutes.
- rinse with a mild shampoo and follow this process regularly to get rid of cradle cap.
11. Calendula (Calendula)
Calendula or pot marigold contains antiseptic, anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties that help give relief cradle cap . It is widely used to reduce inflammation and thus relieves the irritated tissue. the healing process is accelerated by increasing blood flow to the affected and enhances collagen production area.
- Place the petals of marigold flower / fresh or dried calendula in a jar.
- Pour virgin olive oil on it to cover the petals.
- Keep the bottle aside for two weeks without disturbing.
- Strain the oil.
- apply to affected areas and wait 40 minutes.
- Use a fine-toothed comb or your fingers to gently rub on applied to remove dead skin cells loosened area.
- wash with warm water.
- tp clear Repeat daily cradle cap.
12. The apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in acetic acid, malic acid, citric acid and ascorbic acid. It also has an antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that fight fungal infections. Ensure diluted before use.
- Mix 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons water and mix well.
- gently massage the scalp for a few minutes.
- let it sit for about 10 – 15 Barrio
- wash with a mild shampoo and warm water.
- repeat this process regularly.
- If the baby has sensitive skin, apple cider vinegar and water use 1 :. 4 positions
- Do not let it get in the baby’s eyes because of its acidic properties.
13. Borage oil
Borage oil is a natural seed oil that is derived from the plant called Borago officinalis. This oil is rich in essential fatty acid known as Gamma -. linolenic acid (GLA), which helps restore lost moisture from the skin
- equal amounts of juice of borage leaves Stir And the water.
- Apply this on the affected area cradle cap skin.
- Leave for a few minutes to dry.
- applied Rinse the area with water.
- forward twice daily until the problem is gone.
Chamomile is a safe and gentle herb with astringent properties that helps heal cradle cap by constricting overactive glands.
- Pour hot water over grass or chamomile tea bag in an empty cup.
- Allow to soak for ten minutes.
- Strain and cool the solution.
- Apply to the affected area cradle cap skin for soothing effect against itching.
- Leave for a few minutes.
- Now apply sany carrier oil such as olive oil, coconut or almond.
- Use a fine tooth comb to remove stains itchy, dry cradle cap.
- continue to do this process daily.
- chamomile essential oil rub on the affected area seborrhea scalp of your baby.
- massage gently for a few minutes.
- Finally wash with water and repeat the same regularity.
This process is useful when the baby has sensitive skin.
- Add the carrier oil such as almond, olive or jojoba oil chamomile oil.
- mix well.
- seborrhea Apply this on the affected area of the scalp of the baby.
- let it sit for a few minutes.
- Apply cradle regularly to reduce waste.
In this process, chamomile and oats softens the skin with its anti properties -. Mucopolysaccharides pruritic
- Place some chamomile and oatmeal in a cloth or muslin half and tie it correctly.
- Hang this on a bathtub faucet.
- Run hot water through it.
- chamomile is also used – oatmeal infused water to bathe your baby
- Regularize this process..
Viola is a plant with violet flowers having anti-oxidants, anti properties – microbial and insecticides. Salicylic acid is a disinfectant viola and softens hard skin, corns and warts. It is an emollient and contains anti – fungal property. The leaves of this plant contain vitamin C and A and Roota contains many minerals, so that all parts of the plant contain healing properties.
- Take 2 to 5 drops of tincture of the whole plant viola tricolor (thought).
- Give this to your baby every day for a week or two.
- However, be sure to consult your herbalist doctor about the proper dosage depending on the age of the baby.
Some people may be allergic to the leaves of viola and can also lead to nervousness, upset stomach, breathing irregularities, pressure high blood, etc. Therefore, it would be best to follow this resource under the supervision of experts just to get rid of the side effects and also to know the time and the right dose.
burdock root acts in a similar way camomile. It contains a natural astringent property close glands and therefore decreases glandular secretion.
- clean a burdock root fresh scraped using a rough edge of the blade.
- For younger roots of burdock, you have to clean simply with a clean cloth.
- Then chop the root to take 2 tablespoons of it.
- Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- turn off the heat and let sit for a few minutes until completely cool.
- Finally use this tea to wash the baby’s scalp to get milk prevent the crust.
- I leave it without washing with water.
- Repeat regularly.
- Steep 1 tablespoon dried burdock root in a cup of hot water for 15 minutes.
- Use this tea to wash your baby’s scalp thoroughly.
- I leave it without washing with water.
- follow this process regularly.
Herbal scalp 17. Rinse
To this end, they have to use three herbs called viola, red clover and burdock. Red clover contains eugenol, myricetin and salicylic acid having anti – inflammatory properties that helps heal inflammation. It is rich in various nutrients like calcium, chromium, thiamin, magnesium, potassium, niacin, phosphorus and vitamin C.
- Place a cup dried herb red clover in a quart jar. Fill the container with boiling water and cover.
- Leave for 5 to 10 hours and stress for the infusion of red
- Mix leaves viola, infusion of red clover and burdock seeds in 2: 2: 1 ratio [
- Let stand for 15 -. 30 minutes before straining
- also used to rinse the scalp, hair and other areas affected baby cradle cap.
- Leave scalp without rinsing.
- repeat this daily process to get rid of cradle cap.
18. Baby Shampoo
wash the baby’s head every day with a mild shampoo followed by hot water to get complete relief of cradle cap . the dry flakes without any irritation slackens.
- baby’s scalp wash with warm water.
- Rub gently soft baby shampoo on the scalp and head completely.
- Leave for 2 minutes and then rub the scalp of the baby with a soft bristle brush.
- , gently rinse and dry scalp.
- Continue this process once a day during the first week and then follow this twice a week.
Tips to prevent cradle cap:
Here are some simple and effective to get rid of the problem of cradle cap baby advice.
- Avoid excessive pressure on the skin of the baby while combing or brushing to remove scales and scales. Use toothed comb fine soft.
- Do not use pliers or other sharp tools to remove scales and scales.
- Use humidifier in your home so that the skin does not get too dry.
- record the baby’s diet to rule out the possibility of getting cradle cap as a result of food allergy.
- After treating cradle cap baby wash hair daily with a mild shampoo for a few days and wet hair brush with a soft clean to remove the remains of flakes or scales on the scalp brush.
- scalp moisturizing baby after bath / shower to prevent dry and flaky.
- Rinse the affected area to properly remove all traces of soap or shampoo applied in that area area.
- simply Apply a pea – hydrocortisone cream sized pieces of cradle cap affected skin in the morning, but not the whole head
- consult your doctor before. use any medicated shampoo or dandruff to prevent cradle cap.
- If the infection is severe and spread to other parts immediately seek medical help.
All these remedies are natural and safe for your children for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. But be patient as some of them may take time. Please share any experience with us.