A lot of people use honey in your daily diet, such as on pancakes, smoothies, salads, and as a natural sweetener for tea. Consuming this super healthy food provides several health benefits such as improving levels of digestion and energy, treat insomnia regulation blood sugar , weight loss, etc.
In addition to its many health benefits, honey also can be used in many beauty treatments. It can improve your hair and skin in various ways, since it has strong, antiseptic, antiinflammatory, antioxidant and moisturizing properties antibacterial properties. Raw honey is a natural solution for dry hair, dandruff, acne, or tan.
Take a look at the top 10 benefits of honey for skin and hair.
1. Fades scars
all scars , regardless of size and location, have a rather unpleasant appearance, and people often look different ways to eliminate as soon as possible. In fact, they are difficult to treat, but honey can minimize their appearance by lightning in the affected area.
honey accelerates the process of tissue regeneration and healing, and help revive skin cells. All this contributes to the process of fading scars.
- A mixture of honey and olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil in equal amounts. Apply the mixture to your scar with gentle massage in circular motion for one or two minutes. Cover your scar with a warm cloth and let stand until cool. Use cotton ball to clean the area. Do this treatment twice a day.
2. Treats psoriasis
Autoimmune disease called psoriasis affects skin cells because itching, blisters, redness and lesions. You can use honey to reduce inflammation, soothe the skin and prevent infections of damaged skin, although in reality it can not cure the disease (1) . Honey also relieve dry skin, and peeling.
Complementary Therapies in Medicine published a study in 2013 suggesting that topical application of beeswax, natural honey, and olive oil mixed in equal proportions helps in the treatment of dermatitis and psoriasis vulgaris.
- Take a microwave safe bowl and put 1 teaspoon each, beeswax, honey and olive oil. Put the bowl in the microwave and heat the mixture until the wax melts. Stir and let cool. Once cooled, apply the mixture to the affected area several times a day. Do not forget to avoid picking and scratching injuries.
3. Healis minor cuts and
Honey is a murderer cash germ, so can be used in the treatment of wounds and minor burns. the recovery process helping draw fluid away from the affected area is accelerated. the risk of infection is reduced because it prevents the growth of microorganisms. In 2013, Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews published study showing that honey is an effective remedy for acute wounds, but not for chronic and infected surgical wounds or ulcers skin (2) , (3) .
- Apply a thick honey on the affected area and cover with a bandage. Let covered for a few hours before removing the bandage. Use a damp cloth to clean the area. Repeat the same process when necessary.
4. Combat acne
Excessive secretion of oils combined with dust trapped in the pores of the skin, makes a perfect environment for bacteria. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties, honey can reduce acne symptoms and prevent infection. It has an excellent nutritional content that keeps skin hydrated and radiant.
- Apply raw honey on the affected area and let it stand for about half an hour zone. Then wash with warm water. Do this two or three times a day.
- Another option is to prepare a mixture of one tablespoon honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon , and apply it on your acne. Let it stay for about 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. Do this once or twice a day.
5. Postpones aging skin
Honey is rich in antioxidants that prevent damage skin cells caused by free radicals. Free radicals accelerate the aging process and contribute to the formation of fine lines, wrinkles , crow’s feet, and sagging skin . Honey keeps brightness and youthfulness of the skin, keeping the skin well hydrated.
- Mixed raw honey and lemon juice in equal amounts. Apply on neck and face, and let it dry naturally. Then he was off with warm water. Do this once or twice a week.
- Another alternative is to make a face mask and neck by mixing two tablespoons of avocado pulp and raw honey. Let the mixture stand for about half an hour, then wash with warm water. Do this once a week.
6. Stops hair loss
You can also use honey to prevent baldness , thanks to its fungicides, germicides and antioxidant properties that stimulate hair growth. Moreover, one can treat dandruff, which may be one reason for hair loss.
- Prepare a mixture with a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of onion juice and massage the scalp with it. Leave on for half an hour before washing your hair as usual. For this, the hair care twice a week.
- Alternatively, one can use a mask prepared from the same amount of yogurt and honey. Apply on damp hair and let stand for 30-40 minutes. Wash your hair as usual. Do this 2-3 times a week.
7. Soothes chapped lips
Honey is ideal for the treatment or prevention dry, chapped lips . Its moisturizing ability brings back the lost moisture on the lips, thus preventing occurrence of painful cracks. On the other hand, it reduces the chances of infection chapped lips.
- Apply honey on the lips with his finger in the same way as a lip balm. Do this several times a day.
- You can also mix honey and sugar in the ratio of 1: 2 to prepare an exfoliating lip. Rub your lips prepared for a few minutes to remove dead skin cells mix. Making this lip scrub once a week.
- Saliva lips dry, so be sure to avoid licking your lips. Last but not least, drink plenty of water to stay hydrated lips.
8. Soften hands
His dry and rough hands can be successfully treated with honey, thanks to its wetting properties. Retain moisture in their hands, making them soft and smooth. What’s more, its antioxidant properties prevent damage from free radicals, thus postponing the signs of aging in their hands.
- Just rub a little honey all over your hands and leave for 10-15 minutes. Wash them thoroughly with warm water, and once they are dry apply a gentle moisturizer. Do this every day to have extra hands soft.
- can also prepare a mixture of honey and glycerin in the same amounts. Apply to hands and let it dry naturally. Rinse with warm water. Repeat this treatment hands on a daily basis.
9. It is used to treat minor burns
Minor burns affecting only the top layer of the skin and redness are marked only can be treated with honey. Honey prevents infection, rapidly reduce inflammation and accelerate the healing process (4) . It also reduces the risk of scarring.
- Take some raw honey and place it in a gauze bandage. Put the gauze directly on the affected area. Replace the new one bandage 3-4 times a day. Keep doing this until the burn is completely healed.
10. Treats damaged hair or dry
Honey is an excellent way of treat dry and damaged hair , thanks to the vitamins and minerals it contains and its moisturizing properties that keep moisture in the hair. Honey can even relieve itching of the scalp and condition hair is so soft and smooth.
- Prepare a mixture from¼ cup extra virgin olive oil and half a cup of raw honey. Microwaving it for a few seconds, and then apply it on the scalp and go all the way to the ends of her hair. Let it stay for 10-20 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Do this twice a week to get the desired results.
through Top 10 Home Remedies | BioMed Central
Read more: http://www.healthandlovepage.com/10-amazing-benefits-honey-hair-skin/#ixzz4HNTyphh7
Follow us: @HealthAndLovePa on Twitter | HealthAndLovePage on Facebook